Help Me. Help Me Break Reality

Arranged Marriage To.....

Author's note: I left a poll on the bottom and that is the only edit I made. Please take it!~ It only takes 3 seconds to do so. With lots of love~ RiceballYoonHye

*Dong Ho's POV*

I recieved a call from him, saying that he couldn't find my Japanese textbook and that he was sorry. His normally calm voice seemed forced as the feeling that something was off lingered around me. It started to fade as time went by as I stared at the small stack of papers on my bedside table. All the information about "me" that I needed to remember when answering the interviewers once I left the hospital. I picked it up, skimming through the long pages to get a basic idea of what to say so it wouldn't be necessary to remember EVERYTHING.

My parents came in for a brief visit and when I mean my parents, I mean just my mother since my father is too busy with work to even bother. But it's okay since I find myself doing the same in the time of need of my own family. My mother spent her time, sitting by my bed, fixing my hair and sweeping my dark colored bangs out of my eyes. My light brown hair dye was wearing off. Well, it doesn't matter too much. When I go to Japan, I'll just dye them back to light brown again.

"I should've been there for you. You have no idea how scared I was. Take better care of yourself and don't give Eun Joo a hard time." My mother spoke softly. "It isn't easy being a housewife you know."

Before I knew it, the moon had risen to the navy blue sky, dotted with very few stars. I fluffed my pillow and fell asleep, only waking up when the sun's rays touched my eyes.

Groaning, I sat up on the white hospital bed amd lazily leaning on one side of my bed, adjusting my eyes to all the light coming from the window. My eyes quickly darted over to the red Macy's bag by my bed. I got off my bed drowsily and took out the contents, one of which was my Japanese textbook and some clothes that seemed pretty new to me. Or it could've been clothes at my home that I never bothered to wear since my stylists were constantly throwing clothes that caught my attention at me, making me buy it from them. Either way, I didn't recognized them and put them aside. I found a phone charger in there to charge my phone in which I'm not entirely sure if it was mine or not, but whatever. Lastly, I noticed the bright flowers in the vase by the door on a tiny table.

The bright and vibrant colors of the flowers made me wonder how I didn't notice them earlier. I was almost too sure they weren't in my room yesterday. When the rest of the members came, they came without gifts since they had spent much of the day in the stuffy practice room and they came to annoy me rather than visit. My mother didn't bother to bring any flowers since she knew I was particularly fond of them in the first place anyways. That was all the people that visited me. Oh and let's not forget my manager who gave me stacks of paper to read through.

Next to the flowers on the small table was a metal container that was used to keep food warm. I, of course had to naturally assume there was food in the container in which, I was right when I picked it up and felt the warmth going through the metal. I opened it in all curiosity and found juk, a tranditional asian rice porridge that was eaten in case of celebration or when your stomach wasn't feeling well. I poured it out into a paper cup and stared at it, not touching it.

Who gave these things to me?

"Dong Ho, what are you doing?" Hoon asked, his brows furrowing together. He waved his hand in front of my face playfully as I snapped back into reality.

"Oh, hey guys." I replied absent-mindedly. AJ raised an eyebrow as he noticed my dazed expression.

"Are you not feeling well?" AJ questioned. "We should call the doctor to come and check up on you."

"AJ." Soohyun rolled his eyes. "Remember what our manager said? The title song for our single has to be ready by next week so the choreographer, stylists, and the staff can decide how to shoot the music video for it. Go home. You can visit Dong Ho again tomorrow. But for now, you really have to get started on the song."

"Fine. I'll visit you tomorrow then, okay? And make sure you call the doctor or a nurse if you're not feeling well. You're not a doctor. So make sure you don't push away the people who are trying to help you." AJ advised, furrowing his brows in worry. It comforted me how close we've gotten in these past two days despite our tense relationship for the last few months. Soohyun rolled his eyes and shooed AJ as AJ stopped again, picking up my Japanese textbook.

"AJ." Soohyun nagged keeping a straight face.

"Soohyun." AJ whined. "Dong Ho, are you taking this time to study Japanese right now?"

"AJ, we're going to lose our fans if we have no song for them in Japan!" Soohyun said, harshly pushing him out of the room as Kevin grabbed the textbook from AJ's hands.

"Dong Ho, why are there so many doodles?" Kevin questioned, flipping through the annotated pages.

"I thought you couldn't get it yesterday though." Kiseop piped up. "So... who... exactly got it for you then?"

"If I knew, I'd tell you." I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Apparently, I also got other things like juk, but I'm not even sure who gave them to me. I even asked the nurse earlier if anyone had come to visit me. But they said they have no records and it would be almost impossible to visit me throughout the night since visiting hours were over."

"I bet it was one of the nurses." Kiseop snickered and raised his eyebrows implying something.

"Shut up, Kiseop." I muttered, having an idea of who it was.

*Eun Joo's POV*

I sat in the classroom, listening to Mr.So giving long lectures about the history of our country. His rough, cracked voice didn't distract me from staring out the window, seeing that I sat in the middle of the room behind several tall people. The sun light rested on my shoulder and a part of my hand, making me feel warm.

Something was happening. I just don't know what. Was it me? Or was it the things around me?

Lunch came fairly quickly, seeing that I missed out on most of the lessons. Hye Ri dragged me to the courtyard after buying lunch in which she asked me why I wasn't eating lunch.

"It's just, I'm not that hungry right now." I answered, my voice steady as it once was. Hye Ri took a seat at a wooden table in the courtyard and split her sandwich in half, offering me some.

"Eun Joo, it seems like you've grown skinner these past few months. I mean there's nothing wrong with being skinny, but I'm worried that you might have some problems concerning your health." Hye Ri made eye contact with me to show how worried she was about me. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me okay? If you feel uncomfortable or sick, come to me or go to a doctor." Hye Ri took my hand and gave me a warm smile.

"I'll try not to trouble you too much." I answered.

"You're not troubling me at all! Even if you are, I'd rather be troubled than upset that something happened to my best friend." Hye Ri frowned at my answer.

"I need to use the bathroom. Excuse me." I got up quickly to avoid the conversation. Truth be told. I really didn't want anyone to worry about me.

"I'm sure Dong Ho wouldn't want you to be hurt either." Hye ri added. I stopped walking as the sun's heat seemed to intensify and my head started to hurt at the thought of him. My legs gave way as I fell to the ground. Hye Ri dropped her sandwich on the table and helped me up quickly.

"Eun Joo!" I couldn't hear the rest of Hye Ri's words as my grandfather floated through my mind with Dong Ho.

What was happening?

My legs stopped wobbling and my head stopped spinning. Not to mention, everything went dark.

*Someone's POV*

"She fainted?" I was suprised to hear Eun Joo had fainted again. "Is she alright right now?" i let a sigh of relief when I found out she was okay, my hand clutching the blue pouch.

"I need help... I can't turn away from her.Yet, my heart hurts... it hurts to see her hiding. All her pain. I want to help her. I want her to smile. But, for me to make her smile, I have to be selfish and hurt the others. The last thing I want to do is hurt Dong Ho again."

"I... I promised him."

I closed my eyes in annoyance from my stupidity and the loud ringing the words gave off. I was stupid. Why had I chosen to get involved?

*Eun Joo's POV*

I woke up with Hye Ri's panicked voice ringing through my ears. I opened my eyes to see Hye Ri's light brown eyes staring into mine, worried.

"Eun Joo, are you okay? You fainted for nearly half an hour! I was getting worried!" We were still in the courtyard as I weakly sat up on the wooden bench. "I was trying to get you to the nurses' office, but I was weak since I didn't eat lunch yet. But still, you're light enough for me to carry you back to the bench."

"I-I need to take a breather." I got up and walked away from Hye Ri without responding to her question, well- rudely. I don't know what it was, but something burned inside of me. I didn't want to be Song Eun Joo. I didn't want to be a violinist. I didn't even want to be a girl. I didn't want to be living at this point. It was all so... frustrating?

Frustration controlled me as my grip on the stair railings tightened. I bit my lip and squeezed my eyes closed, ignoring the red liquid coming from my bottom lip. I wanted to yell, scream, or to be lady-like, "talk loudly" to the world.

Eun Joo, don't do it. Grandfather won't be pleased! Think about him first! Stop being selfish!

Who cares? He'll never find out if you keeep quiet about this right? Scream, let it out. Eun Joo, you can't keep living this way. You're so close to falling off the cliff. It's dangerous.

Eun Joo, your parents! What about them? Do you know how much it would hurt them to see you like this? Remember you have a reputation. Your Grandfather's reputation is at stake as well.

I made my way to the bathroom to wash up as I washed my face with cold water. I looked at the mirror biting my lips again. The walls around me were breaking slowly. I lost control and a tear slipped out of my eye and slid down my cheek. What a pitiful sight. The burning feel came back and I wanted to break the mirror. Break reality. Go back to my "perfect" world.

I'm slowly dying. Somebody... Help. Help me. Get rid of reality. Get rid of who I am.

 

Help.

 

 

 

*So another chapter done. I will have another poll ready for you guys. Seems like Kiseop is eliminated from the poll since only one person has a slight thought that he's the someone. So aw.... :( But that someone is back and is still very suspicious. Eun Joo's slowly starting to break down. How much longer will she be able to remain neutral? For the poll, I will be releasing PART TWO. So be sure you click part two and not part one. I repeat, PART TWO. Enjoy and comment! Seeing silent readers comment makes me happy. Just one comment from my silent readers will put a smile on my face. For active readers, I love you guys too and you guys definitely make me happy. Bye~*