Chapter 10 Part 2: Han River and Pools

Arranged Marriage To.....

Eun Joo and I were only able to play for an hour since her phone had begun to ring. Turns out it was the bastard Dong Ho calling her. It was six, so he was probably calling her to make dinner or something. Not too long after she had left to run errands for Dong Ho, I got a call from Eli, asking if I wanted to join them at the bar.

*Dong Ho's POV*

Inside my pocket, was a diamond bracelet I had bought for Hye Sung. I had it all planned out, to confess to her and give her the bracelet, but sitting right next to her now, I was too shy to. But after spending the day at an outdoor pool close to Hye Sung's apartment just sitting and talking, made me a bit hungry. Eun Joo had better hurry up and get the food over here. We sat at the pool side, in chairs as Hye Sung talked around art, like paintings from Picasso or whoever. I was far too distracted about the bracelet to pay attention to what she was actually talking about.

"Hye Sung." I said loud and clearly. The pool was completely empty like it had been all day since it was so cold out. Hye Sung stopped talking and turned to look at me.

"Hmm?" 

"Hye Sung... You know that I've liked you for some time now, don't you?" I asked her, my hands becoming sweaty. Hye Sung nods. "Well, a few years ago, I liked you and now, my love for you hasn't changed a bit."

"But you're married." Hye Sung said, her voice breaking a little.

"But I don't like her though. You know it and I know it. Hye Sung..." I took the box out slowly and anxiously. I took the bracelet out and held it in front of her. "Hye Sung... I know that I'm married and it may seem absurd for me to do this but... Can't you stay by my side until I find a way to get a divorce?" I felt like dying at the moment. Hye Sung took my hand slowly and smiled at me. 

"Dong Ho, honestly I've never seen you as a man until recently... When I saw you again. If your heart can stay faithful to me, I will stay by your side however long it will take you to make US happen." Hye Sung said, breaking into a smile. I couldn't help my feel relieved as I helped her put the bracelet on.

"Until we can be together, just wear this bracelet and keep it a secret of course. Since everyone knows I'm married to her. But when we become a real couple, I'll get you a ring." I smiled back at her. Hye Sung didn't seem to hear my words as she was too distracted by someone behind me. I turned to look behind me to see Eun Joo with the food.

"I bought the food you wanted." Eun Joo said, handing me the food, without seeming to be affected. Honestly, I hoped Eun Joo didn't see or hear me giving Hye Sung the bracelet since I had never given her anything as a couple. As a fake couple. Not even a wedding ring. Eun Joo did give me a silver ring, but I never bothered to wear it. And frankly I don't even remember where I placed it anymore.

"Good!" Hye Sung said getting up and taking it from me. I watched as Hye Sung put it on the tiny table they had there, leaving Eun Joo standing all alone a few feet away. 

"Well, help us take it all out! You bought a lot and we can't unload it all ourselves." I snorted as she slowly came over and started to help us unpack the food. 

*Hye Sung's POV*

As Eun Joo was unpacking the food for us, I deliberately stood at the edge of the pool, as she continued to unpack. I wanted to see Dong Ho's reaction and how far his love for me can go. 

"Eun Joo, can you pass me the chopsticks?" I asked sweetly. She turned around to give me the chopsticks and since we were standing so close together, it was easy to pretend that she had bumped into me. I had to admit, she was good. Even though we were so close together, she didn't bump into me. I fell into the the cold water easily.

I could hear someone yelling my name as Dong Ho plunged in after me and helped me out of the pool, immediately throwing a towel over me as we got out.

"You idiot." Dong Ho spat at Eun Joo, who stood there without trying to explain anything. "Why would you do this to Hye Sung? What kind of person are you? I mean what kind of doll are you? A murderous and jealous one?" Dong Ho who was shivering pushed past Eun Joo, causing her to fall on the cement flooring. I wanted to let out a gasp, but this was his test. As the test maker, I shouldn't interfere. 

"Dong Ho...." I murmured. "The bracelet you gave me is gone!" I look frantically at my wrist. 

"Of course." He snorted. "It must've come off in the pool." He shot a glare at Eun Joo who was getting up slowly. 

"I have to go find it!" I said, attempting to find it. But Dong Ho pulled me back. 

"Let Eun Joo find it. Let's just go to your place to dry off." Dong Ho said, continously glaring at Eun Joo. "Find it." He hissed at her. Eun Joo nodded as she started to walk away from the pool. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I need a bathing suit to find it." Eun Joo replied. She looked so innocent and it made me feel bad for her. Dong Ho continued to glare at her.

"What if someone finds the bracelet?" Dong Ho sneered at Eun Joo.

"I thought you and Hye Sung were going to stay here for a little longer." Eun Joo replied steadily as always. 

"Stay here? With our clothes all wet? Are you serious? If Hye Sung catches a cold because of you, I won't let you off the hook." Dong Ho said threateningly. "Just look for it in your regular clothes." Dong Ho waited until Eun Joo got into the pool and dived to the bottom, feeling the floor of the pool for it. "Let's go."

*AJ's POV*

Eli walked besides me, panting after having to carry Kevin back home. I glared at him.

"Eli, remind me next time... to NEVER EVER drink with Kevin again." I told him. Eli returned my glare at me.

"Well, I'm so SORRY that you had to carry him all the way to his house." Eli said sarcastically. "My back is aching. He may be lighter than us, but still!"

"Ugh, it's already ten p.m.! I was going to watch a movie, but I guess not now." I sighed as Eli shot me another glare.

"Well, I'm going home. See you tomorrow." Eli said, walking like an old man towards a bus stop. I sigh and cross the street. My head was spinning a little from the drinks. As I stumbled on the sidewalk at night, I decided to sit on the park bench Eun Joo sits on nearly every morning. On my way there, I watch as someone trips and falls. Must've been a drunk guy. I walk past whoever it is and then continue on my way to the park. After a while, I realize I was walking the wrong way and I had to head back the other way.

When I get to the park, I see someone already sitting there, with a box of something. It was a woman that was all wet and a familiar one. I squinted and walked closer to confirm my suspicion.

"Eun Joo-ah?" I hiccuped. She looks up, looking tired.

"AJ? What are you doing here?" She asks. 

"That's what I should be asking you! You're drenched! Did something happen?" I notice her scraped wrist and sit next to her on the bench. She was shivering. The box next to her held some alcohol wipes and band aids. 

"I found what Dong Ho wanted me to. This bracelet." She murmured. It wasn't like her to be so quiet. The bracelet she had a tight grip on. It had diamonds on it and gleamed from the moonlight. I helped clean her wound and then put a band aid over it. She was shivering so I put my black jacket over her.

"Come on, let's get you home, before you get sick." But Eun Joo wouldn't budge.

"AJ, it's late. Thank you for everything you've done for me, but you should get home. Don't worry about me." Eun Joo said, bowing to show me how much she thanked me. As she walked past me towards the direction of her house, I watched her.

"Eun Joo-ah." She turned around to face me.

"Yes?" I grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug.

"You shouldn't have to suffer like this. Not for him." I told her. "I'm going to walk you home no matter what tonight." I held her hand and walked her home. Eun Joo seemed too tired to respond any more.

When we were standing outside her house she spoke up. "Since you walked me home, come in for a moment or two for a drink." Eun Joo said politely. I smiled as she opened the door. When we both inside her house, I saw someone sitting on her sofa.

"Eun Joo" The old man said angrily. 

"Grandfather, what's wrong? It must be important since you're visiting at such hour." Her grandfather took one look at me and then looked back at her. The door opened as Dong Ho came in. Eun Joo didn't seem to notice.

" I originally came to give you the form for the upcoming violin competition, but it seems like you need some reminders about the rules.Who are you to cheat on your husband?!" Her grandfather yelled. Eun Joo didn't say anything. "Why are you bringing shame and disorder to our family? Where did I mess up on raising you?" Dong Ho looked at me in bewilderment as I shared the same look.

"I'm sorry, grandfather. For disappointing you." Eun Joo said. 

"You must've misunderstood." I said. "Eun Joo didn't cheat on Dong Ho with anyone."

"Shut up! As your elder you should know better than to interrupt me. Especially since you're the third wheel. I saw you guys hugging in the park. What an unpleasant sight for me as Mr. Kang was driving me here." He yelled. "How did I raise you?" He slapped Eun Joo across the face. Eun Joo slowly got down on her knees.

"I'm sorry, grandfather." Eun Joo apologized. I couldn't believe she was taking all of this in. 

Eun Joo... Why are you just sitting there?