Aftermath

Arranged Marriage To.....

“It’s so hot!” He ignored the other male and focused on zooming in with his lens. The other male didn’t appreciate being ignored so he took it into his own hands by throwing a pebble in his direction. “Hey, Kim Myungsoo! Buy us some drinks! We came out in this scorching heat for you!”

The pebble hit Myungsoo on the head and he snapped his head irritably towards the male who threw at him, scowling.

“Couldn’t you have waited for a moment? Besides, you insisted on coming out here with me! I didn’t even ask you to come with me!” He retorts and slings his camera on his shoulder with the strap. “Besides, this is my class trip. I don’t understand why you wanted to force yourself into this anyways, Hoya.”

“Shut up and get me a bottle of Fanta. You owe me after flushing my battery down the toilet.” Hoya pushes him in the direction of the nearest convenience store. “Hurry.”

“Jeez, what a lazy bum.” He huffs as he heads off to the convenience store. “I didn’t even mean to drop it in the toilet. I thought he would seriously get up once he hears my threat- I didn’t expect him to fly over like the pink ranger and knock it out of my hand.” He continues to rant to himself until he gets out of the store with bottles of water and a bottle of Fanta.

As he was heading back to Hoya, he hears a loud camera shutter and he turns to locate the source of the sound. A girl, standing a few feet away, had her camera up and pointed in his direction and her lip twitches after she sees the picture.

“I’m sorry- did I ruin your picture?” The girl seems surprised when he approached her and she shakes her head.

“I think you just made the picture better.” She smiles and hands her camera over to him so he could get a better view of the picture. He takes her camera and he reviews the picture, noticing the clarity and how stunning the picture looked (not because he was in it) but the scenery around him.

“You’re a pretty good photographer.” He compliments and she smiles as he hands her back the camera. “Are you possibly here because of the class trip?”

“Yep. I’m guessing you are too.” She takes a seat on a flat boulder, that was cut to make a bench that fit the scenery. He follows in suit and she continues to look through her photos, showing them to him and letting him review them one by one after she found that he was her senior. He, in turn, showed her his pictures in which, left her in complete awe.

“It’s so hot today.” She comments as she fans herself with her hand in attempt to make herself feel cooler. She pulled at her white shorts (that reached her knees and her legs fit in snugly) to keep them from sticking to her skin. Adjusting the transparent, light yellow, sleeveless shirt (with a pink tank top underneath), she blew her breath out in attempt to relax her body.

“Here. Take this.” He hands her a bottle of cold water and she gratefully accepts it after he shows her the countless other bottles he bought. “Now that I think about it, we haven’t introduced ourselves yet. I know you as hoobae and you know me as sunbae. You can call me Myungsoo. My surname is Kim.”

“Nice! Kim Myungsoo.” She repeats his name and a smile is drawn onto her face. “I think I knew of someone named that too. You can call me Eun Joo. Song Eun Joo.”

The smile on his face is wiped away as he stares at her, his eyes darting over every feature of her face. Her brown eyes, her nose, her lips.

“Song... Eun Joo?” He repeated out of surprise. She didn’t seem to notice his odd behavior to his relief and she nodded.

“Yep, Song Eun Joo.” She held her hair up, desperately trying to get the breeze to cool down her sweaty neck and after a while, her arms began to lose blood circulation, forcing her to admit defeat and place her hands back down.

“Here.” Pulling the yellow hair tie from his pocket, he handed it over to her, much to her delight.

“Thanks!” Quickly tying her hair into a low ponytail, she turned to him. “It’s a bit odd that you carry a hair tie around with you when you don’t have much hair, but I suppose I’m in no position to judge. I’ll return this to you once we get back to Busan.”

“It’s alright.” He cracked a smile. “I’m just returning it anyways.” A confused expression takes over her face as she places her camera aside.

“What do you mean? You can’t possibly be talking about putting this back on the package you got it from and returning it- are you?” Such a bizarre thought causes him to laugh out loud as she couldn’t help but laugh at his reaction.

“That’s such an odd idea. Not a bad one, but odd. Never thought of doing that, but thanks for suggesting it to me though.” He sat up straight once again and causing her to poke and prod at him to get an answer from him. “Do you know about the orphanage? That caught on fire over a decade ago?”

“Do you mean the Sunshine Orphanage? If so, then yes.” She didn’t portray much emotion, though it did evoke curiosity out of her as to why he was interested about the orphanage. Perhaps he had some sort of relation to it?

“I...Never mind.” He murmurs quietly. “I don’t want to spoil the good air around here. Everything’s so nice and fresh here, I’m afraid if I say it now, all the plants will wither and die.” A joke he added at the end to conceal how nervous he felt.

“Were you- by any chance an orphan at Sunshine?” She asked with no intent of hurting him.

“I was.” He replied, his facial expression turning glum. She took a hold of his hand and smiled.

“I’m sorry.” His eyes widened with surprise at her apology. Pulling his hand away from hers, he looked bewildered.

“What for? If anything, it should be me apologizing.” Now it was time for her to question him right back- but she decided to explain why she felt that she had the need to apologize.

“My mother and her team of chefs were invited to the orphanage to do an event. To cook up a good meal as volunteer work. If my mother hadn’t agreed to go- you wouldn’t have lost your home.” His heart went weak at her explanation and the guilt began to eat at him again.

“You...” Her head was tilted at an angle pointed downwards with sorrow and guilt. “You have no idea how much I should be apologizing to you.” He felt the lump in his throat form as he had confirmed his suspicions of her being the daughter of the woman who had saved him. He remembered how broken she looked when she was forcefully dragged away from the scene and away from her dying mother.

“Are you by any chance...” He closed his eyes, ashamed and all the more upset. “The boy my mother saved?” He nodded, his throat was closed up and he was unable to speak. He kept his eyes closed and when he felt her arms wrap around him, he opened his eyes. He could hear tiny sniffles coming from her as he wrapped his arms around her as comfort.

“Don’t you hate me?” Even though he couldn’t see her face, he knew she was shaking her head by the movement her head made. It comforted him in a way to know that she was hugging him right now (sending him the vibes that she wasn’t as angry as he thought she would be).

“I don’t. How can I? My mother saved you for a reason- I even willed her to save you for me. My mother would’ve given her life up for no reason if I hated you.” Her sniffles grew quieter, but his red plaid sweater was getting damp from her tears. “I honestly thought I’d never see you again. I wanted to know how you had been doing and that my mother did the right thing by saving you.”

They stayed silent for a good while, enjoying the comfort of the other and remembering the one day that changed the course of their whole life. After a moment longer, they pulled away, both relieved to know the other didn’t blame them for anything.

“KIM MYUNGSOOOOOOOOOOOO!” In a split second, Myungsoo toppled over onto the ground after receiving a flying kick and was pinned to the dirty (not to mention, dusty floor).

“Get off, get off, get off!”

“SHUT UP! I’M DYING OF THIRST HERE. I TOLD YOU TO GET ME A BOTTLE OF FANTA TWO HOURS AGO.” The female watched off to the side, obviously amused as she picked her camera up and snapped a few shots.

“IF YOU CAN WAIT TWO HOURS, YOU CAN TAKE TEN MINUTES TO WALK TO THE STORE AND GET ONE YOURSELF!” Myungsoo tried to fling Hoya off, but Hoya kept his arms pinned behind his back and sat on him.

“I DON’T LIKE WALKING. YOU SHOULD KNOW!”

The two continued to bicker for another five minutes before Hoya got his bottle of Fanta and was sitting several feet away from Myungsoo as though he was a sulking child who had been punished. He was sipping his Fanta from a straw, pretending he couldn’t see or hear the both of them. A few strands of hair was out of place, but otherwise, he looked perfectly fine.

On the other hand, Myungsoo had his hair sticking in all directions, dirt smeared all over his shirt (his face as well), and what smelled like fertilizer on his leg (he was wearing shorts). Shooting glares at Hoya as Hoya drank his cool drink acting as if he was oblivious to the state Myungsoo was in, Myungsoo pulled a few bottles of water out of the plastic bag.

“Let me help.” She picked up a bottle of water, opening it and taking a napkin from the plastic bag and pouring a bit of water onto the napkin. Wiping the dirt of his face, while noticing the glares he shot at the other male, she bit back her smile and decided to start a conversation. “So, is the hair tie I’m wearing right now, really from that day?”

“I don’t exactly have a for cute girly items that I have no use for.” He answers in attempt to keep himself from looking too foolish in front of her.

“You’re still weird for carrying it around for years.” She points out and continues to clean the dirt from his face. “So what happened after the fire?”

“We were forced into foster homes. All of us. There were a few people that volunteered to house us under their roof for a while. We had to live from donations as well. The clothes people donated and the money they donated. Ms. Jung was going crazy just looking for places for our new orphanages. She was unable to and all of us were split up and sent to different orphanages.” She had paused momentarily from wiping his face as she listened.

“Wow. I’m sorry I couldn’t have been a help.” She put her hand down and inched away from him. “I was too caught up in my mother’s death and the changes in my life. I hadn’t even thought about you guys. I- I was selfish.” She admitted.

“Not at all! It was hard on you too.” He moved closer to her to cheer up by poking her playfully. “Besides, I didn’t suffer too much. I lived my whole life in an orphanage and it inspired me to take pictures of beautiful things because- the orphanages itself were beautiful and I wanted to capture moments that I could keep with me forever. In one place, there are other people who could relate to you and came from the same story. I mean, I met other people and more people and grew close to them. Some of them, I keep in touch with.”

“I’m glad you think that way.” She gives him a soft smile wipes at his cheeks a couple more times. “Your face is all clean now.”

“Thanks. What about you? What happened to you after the fire?” He asked, taking a bottle of water and stretching his legs out to clean his legs off.

“Well- it was just a funeral and me moving in with my grandfather. Then entering music competitions. I didn’t really live my life normally after that, but now I’m back to living a free life.” S smile graced her lips as she thought about her life now.

“What got you into photography? If you entered music competitions, I would think that you would become a music major. What happened there?” A smile crossed his face as a bizarre thought hit him. “Was it because you knew I was a photography major?”

“Of course not! It was a heck of an emotional rollercoaster with you after I met you.” She threw the wet napkin away and returned to him. “I went to Paris and came in contact with a camera.”

“How young were you when you came in contact with the camera? You sound like you’ve never even touched a camera.” He says jokingly and she gives him a small nod.

“Just last year. When I was twenty.” His eyes grew large with shock at the age. “I’ve lived a pretty restricted life after my mother died. Maybe it was because my grandfather grew paranoid that I would leave him forever too. Therefore, I was restricted from many activities and I didn’t really pick up any interests or hobbies until I got married.”

“Married?” He echoed. “You’re still pretty young. You’re like what- twenty four years old?”

“Calm down- I’m only twenty, thank you.” He merely blinks at her as if he was urging her to explain her marriage life. “I went to Paris for my honeymoon and my husband- let me just say he wasn’t too nice and I don’t blame him. I was stupid and I blindly listened to people. The biggest reason for his attitude was that our marriage was arranged. We got divorced- June.”

“So recently? You guys have been married for about year.”

“We have. The first few months were just- terrible to be honest. I didn’t realize it then, but there was always a sinking feeling in my stomach. I was never happy, but I also never voiced it out.” She simply answered. “Somewhere along the way- oh man.” She faced palmed herself. “One year really does a lot for me. Complicated love story happened, in the end- we weren’t meant to be and we couldn’t make things work out. Long story short, we got a divorce.”

“Feelings. Were there feelings involved?”

“Hey- I’m only telling you my story. I didn’t give you permission for questions you know.” He moved away defensively and she smiled. “I’ll tell you so that you’ll tell me yours though. I have to admit, there were times where I was attracted to him. What about you? Any girlfriends?”

“Not really. I’m too shy to confess to any girl.” He answers. “So are you living with your grandfather again?”

“No, I moved in with a friend’s relative for a while. I found my own place and now I have worries that I won’t be able to pay off the rent sometimes.” She answers. “I’ve been living off the allowance my grandfather gave me growing up. I saved it bit by bit. It’s a really small place, but it’s enough for me to live in.”

“You know... I could help you.”

“How-.”

“MYUNGSOOOOOOOO!” An empty bottle of Fanta hits the back of his head and Myungsoo snaps around, growling at the male.

“WHAT.”

“I ran out of Fanta. Get me a new bottle.”

“Get off your lazy and get on yourself. I’m busy.”

“Busy my . Am I not more important than a girl? What happened to never letting a girl get between us?”

“I owe this girl my life, Hoya.”

“Don’t make me go over there and push you back down to where you belong.” Hoya takes a few steps and it sends Myungsoo flying in the direction of the store. “I’ll give you one minute to get me my soda or I’m spending the night at your place.”

“Are you kidding me? The store’s ten minutes away!”

“Forty seconds have passed. Time is ticking.” Hoya warns as he looks down at his watch.

“HOLD UP! I’LL BE RIGHT BACK!”

“You better!” Hoya calls after him.

 

 

 

 

Dong Ho

After the divorce and the encounter at the hospital, I wasn’t in the right state of mind to be an idol anymore. I didn’t even want to live in the house anymore, but the thought- what if this, what if that, and what if Eun Joo wanted to come back, these thoughts came into my mind.

Months had passed and I wasn’t holding up well. I had to leave. So I did. The other members were shocked by my sudden decision, but they supported me.

“Our young Dong Ho has been stressed for so long. A nice break will definitely help.” I was thankful that they supported my decision and they told me to come visit them any time. I would, I promised. So after I quit, I went straight to the things I’ve always wanted to do.

I attended classes regularly, became a DJ at a club, and also got caught up in baseball games and played it more often. Eventually time was passing quickly, but my thoughts of Eun Joo didn’t leave my mind.

When was she coming back?

Has she found her happiness yet?

More importantly...

 

Has she moved on?

 

 

A/N: Hey, another chapter in just two days! It's been a long time since I had been able to update this story so quickly. Yay! Now I want to focus on Simple Heart and the other stories I have going on right now xD.