Chapter 5: Honeymoon

Arranged Marriage To.....

*Dong Ho's POV*

We arrived in Paris at 5 a.m. and by then, I was absolutely tired. I felt a bit sick from the plane ride and with my body in a completely different time zone than Paris, I felt like fainting once I got off the plane. Eun Joo and I headed over to the hotel first to get a little sleep and to unpack. Once we had gotten into our room, I groaned. 

Ugh, my stupid mother got us a hotel room with only one bed. Damn it. There wasn't even a sofa she could sleep on. Ignoring the problem, I automatically headed off to bed without changing, leaving Eun Joo to do the unpacking. I woke up at 10:24 a.m. to see Eun Joo slumped over the dining table with breakfast in front of the seat across from her. Sliding out of bed, I headed for the dining room table, waking Eun Joo up with my loud footsteps. As Eun Joo slowly washed up, I waited patiently, eating my breakfast. 

After breakfast, Eun Joo and I headed out for a little walk around the area, with me, carrying many cameras. Okay, maybe three isn't that much. I had a Nikon, a Canon, and a tiny Sony one. The Nikon and the Canon were great for taking pictures while the Sony was something you'd use when you go to a friend's place. I brought it along just in case and kept it in my pocket. The Nikon and the Canon hung around my neck since they were big cameras. As we walked, Eun Joo seemed to enjoy everything she was seeing. After a hour of walking around, I had felt tired already since, Eun Joo and been asking me to take pictures of flowers and places and etc of things she thought her grandfather would like to see once we got back to Seoul.

I had other things I wanted to take pictures of, but with her with me, it was impossible. Without thinking twice about it, I haded her my Canon camera. "Here take this and use it to take a picture of whatever you like or see, okay?" She held onto the camera, not knowing how to use it. Sighing, I looked at her. Even though teaching her might take a while, but I want to get my own private picture time, so it was going to be worth it.

"This button allows you to take the picture." I said, carefully pointing at the silver botton on the top of the camera. She nodded slowly as I began to teach her the basics. When I am done, I test her. "Twist the lens to zoom in." When she tries, she twists the lens off the camera instead of zooming in or out. When she tries for five more times and it ends with the same result, I couldn't just stand and watch her any more. I take her right hand softly and place it on the part of the lens she should be twisting. I take her left hand and make sure it's gripping onto the camera as I teach her how to use it.

"Oh, that's how you're supposed to use it." She said in sudden realization. I let go of her hands and watch as she tries it herself.

"Go ahead and take a picture." I said. She bent over to take a picture of a bee on a orange tulip and when she was done, she went over to show me the picture, which was shaky. "It's too shaky. It's no good. You have to make sure your hand is steady. Go and take a picture of something and try to keep your hand steady.

She goes off and aims the camera at a fountain ahead of us. I watch as she tries to balance out her shaky hands which seemed unfit for her since she is such a balanced person.  She tries, but her hands still stay shaky. If only I had brought my tripod out. 

"You're shaking too much. Try to keep your hand as still as possible." I said, wrapping my arms around hers and then holding onto her hands to stop them from shaking. When the camera was still, Eun Joo pressed the silver botton and took a picture of the fountain. As Eun Joo was looking at the picture she had taken with my help, I was a watching her. She looked so pretty... With my arms still around her, I thought hard. What was making her so pretty? Just a hour ago, she didn't  even look pretty. What changed? Why is she prettier now?

She looked the same as she did a hour ago, but it seemed like something had changed about her. She was smiling. Smiling. It had hit me then and there that I had never seen her smile before. And now here she was, smiling.

"I think this picture looks good." Eun Joo said, her smile still stuck onto her. "I think it's nice, what do you think?" I snapped out of it and looked at Eun Joo realizing my arms were still around her. With that realization, I pulled away from her. Eun Joo who hasn't noticed anything, showed me the picture on the camera.

"It's nice, like you said." I replied, looking away from her. Her smile seemed to brighten up more when she heard my comment.

"I think that we should take a picture together at the fountain. It's a beautiful fountain." Eun Joo said. She looked at me with hopeful eyes and dragged me over to the fountain, without waiting for my reply. When she was happy... She was like a totally different person. A lovely and nice French couple agreed to take a picture for us. Apparently, their camera skills were the same as Eun Joo's. All except for one. It was a clear picture that had the right amount of lighting on it.

"This one looks nice." Eun Joo commented, still smiling. "Too bad there couldn't be more pictures like this."

"It's hard to have such clear pictures like this when they have the same level of skill as you do." I muttered. Eun Joo didn't seem to notice my comment since she was too fascinated by the picture.

"Let's keep going." Eun Joo suggested. I nodded and we began to walk. The streets were getting more and more crowded by the second since many people were enthusiastic to see the sun set on the Eiffel Tower. I hated crowded areas, so I began to walk faster and faster, not realizing that the gap between the two of us was growing bigger and bigger. I walked until I got to a nearly empty street and then turned around to talk to Eun Joo.

"Walk faster will you?" I said. However, I was just talking to myself. Since, Eun Joo... was nowhere to be seen.

 

*Okay, so on the weekends, I'm lazy, so I tend not to update that often. Sorry >.< Eun Joo disappeared O_O and when she was happy. Okay this is a short chapter. I thought it'd be longer but nope. I'll update agin tomorrow. Hopefully. Anyhow, enjoy~*