35

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seomin walked off the stage with a light yet heavy heart. Her debut was over, that being her goodbye stage. While she waited for Donghae to come get her, Seomin headed back to her changing room, one of the smallest around, but that was common for a rookie. The room size had not changed ever since her debut, most likely to the fact she had not won any trophies, but Seomin was proud to know she had been nominated twice on each music show. For her, that was a good start and it could only get better. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see a few gifts for her on the counter. She sat in the lone chair in the room and took one of the bags, opening it to see a beautiful fan-made photo book. As she skimmed through the pictures, the quotes from her and her fans, she couldn’t help but smile. Seomin would never believe anyone if they told her she was going to be a singer in Korea. Now, it was the end of January, about one and a half years since her training started. So much had changed in that time from her career to love life. Seomin smiled to herself at the thought of him. Where was he anyways? She waited for a few minutes before giving up. She had to remind herself that he was still her manager and managers were busy people. To pass the time, Seomin took one of the letters, and was surprised to see it was from Hyeyoung. She ripped the envelope open and read the letter.

Dear Seomin,

I can’t believe the last time I wrote to you was when you were still in LA, and now you’re in Korea! Super cool! I watched your performances on the internet, and you look and sound great! Do you like it in Korea? Have you met other stars? If you’ve become friends with any of them, you better introduce me to them hehehe! No really, please, I’m begging you! I want to meet famous people too! Don’t be selfish and share with me when I come visit you! Oh yeah, I’m asking my dad if I can come to Korea to see you in the summer after school is done. I think I really will be able to come, so get ready to see me! Take me everywhere! Well, try to. You’ll be too popular by then to walk alone ;)

I’m sad that you haven’t told me any updates on your love life. How can you not be dating someone by now? Seomin you’re 19 and you haven’t dated once! I’m begging you (again), find a boyfriend! It’s even cooler and more adventurous that you have to keep it a secret from everyone (except me, okay?). To end off with a happier and less threatening note, I got accepted by a local designer in New York to be her intern starting January. I know I might be going to Korea, but she’s allowing me to go as long as I come back with ideas and influence for her new clothing line. I am so excited! If I stick with her and she becomes a big hit, I’m definitely going to suggest she ask you to model for an editorial! I promise! Now it’s time for me to run off to my next class. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Love Hyeyoung

Seomin smiled and placed the letter in her bag to separate it from the fan letters. Throughout her period away from home, she had kept all the letters from her mother and Hyeyoung. She was happy to know that another letter would be added to her shoebox in her closet. She knew that these letters would come in handy whenever she felt lonely, or even if she ever went on a show and was asked about her trainee days. Seomin could always refer to these letters to remind herself of the hard work she went through to get to where she was today.

But then another thought came up. When Hyeyoung came to visit, she would find out about everything. Sharing one apartment that only had one bedroom was the least of their problems. Ever since they had gotten together, Donghae had moved his personal belongings into her room. Due to their busy schedules, neither had had time to clean up and Seomin was sure most of their clothes had gotten mixed up, and their bathroom, well that was another problem. Donghae was too lazy to get his own toothpaste, so they shared that. They also shared the same shampoo, liquid soap, hair

Please log in to read the full chapter