34

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

A week later, Seomin was preparing for her mini concert, a time she would share with 500 fans. Many of these fans were the same ones who came to her first fan meeting. She wanted them to actually experience a fan meeting since the first was rudely interrupted by the water incident. Seomin would sing a few songs from her album before having a photo session and meet and greet. She was also excited to know that during her songs, she would get to throw free merchandise around the venue. As a girl who grew up not having much, she knew how precious these few free items could be to someone else. Seomin went the extra mile and began to sign various items for lucky attendees while she was having her hair done. Once her whole outfit was complete, she went back stage and met Donghae, who was warming up his fingers on his guitar. “Hi,” she said.

He leaned into her ear. “Hi pretty girl.” She smiled and nearly let out a giggle. Seomin was glad he stuck with the nickname he gave her ever since they met. Whenever he said those two words, she knew who she belonged to. She watched him practice until the coordinator called her over to prepare her microphone. Once all the wires were put in place, she walked up the steps onto the stage, turning one last time to see Donghae give her a secret wink. A sudden burst of energy flowed through her veins and she enthusiastically leaped onto the stage once the introduction tape had ended and the music to her title song began. She sang with all her heart, knowing Donghae was listening to her. Song after song, she went around, waving, smiling and throwing various items into the crowd.

At last, her duet with Donghae came. She, along with the fans, were delighted when Donghae came onto the stage, his handsome face beaming as he waved with one hand while the other held his guitar. Two stools were set up in the middle front of the stage. With the music video playing behind them, they began the song sitting on those stools, each word beautifully sung to one another, unbeknownst to the fans. The song had a new meaning to them, a song that Donghae had specifically written for their relationship. During a guitar interlude, they got up and slowly walked up the stage towards the smaller front stage to allow the fans from the back to get a better look. Along the way, flower petals fluttered down onto the stage and crowd, giving off a serene romantic feeling. The fans swayed to the song, for once not screaming their lungs out, but just listening with a few screams here and there. Donghae and Seomin ended the song on the small stage, facing one another as their eyes were locked onto each other. Once the song officially ended, the cheer gradually got louder and escalated far beyond anything Seomin had heard for her other songs when Donghae decided to give her a hug. He murmured into her ear, “I love you.” They left the stage together, her heart fluttering from those words. Seomin had her hair and makeup touched up before heading to a conference room to have a meet and greet and photo session with fans.

 When she walked out into the hall near the conference room, all the fans had already made their way there, many of them having to wait in the hall in long queue lines, waving posters and cameras around. Seomin waved and smiled before entering the room first, where other fans awaited her. She was amazed to see the beautiful decorations. Though it was October, they had opted to go for a more lighthearted appearance. She stood in front of the camera and took a photo alone before allowing the first fan to come. Slowly, the line grew shorter as she said hello and signed any merchandise they brought before taking a photo with them. At one point, Seomin noticed Donghae watching her from the back with the rest of her crew, smiling proudly at her. When he detected her gaze, he winked, sending another jolt of happiness and energy into her. That extra burst of energy got her through the rest of the lines, and after roughly 500 photos, the event was complete. The team congratulated one another for finally achieving a successful event be

Please log in to read the full chapter