26

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

The months rushed by as Seomin worked hard to practice her songs. Spring passed by in a flurry as she began to record her songs. She was to go to Korea once summer ended. Now that it was summer, Donghae had decided to bring Seomin out for a day trip to the beach to relax and practice her public skills once more. Sun rays beat on Seomin’s light skin as she leaped out of the car before it could roll to a complete stop. With a giddy smile, she dropped onto the beach and buried her feet in the warm sand. Donghae caught up with the driver, who was helping him carry their lunch, some towels, and other necessities in a backpack. He lay out two towels for them to sit on and propped up an umbrella to shade them from the harmful rays. “Put this on,” Donghae said as he held out a bottle of sunscreen.

 

Seomin took it and applied it to her body, happily noticing the absence of bruises. As she slathered it over her shoulders, she stretched out her hand, but was unable to reach the middle of her back. Suddenly, she felt a smooth hand smear the cold sunscreen on her back. She turned her back to see Donghae with a determined face as he lifted her hair off her back to apply the lotion. Seomin was lucky the sun was giving off a blistering heat to cover for her reddening cheeks. “Th-thanks.”

 

“Do the same for me?” She stared at him wide eyed when he threw off his shirt, to reveal a toned, muscular body. He craned his neck backward. “Pretty please pretty girl?” She masked her shock with a roll of her eyes before squirting more sunscreen on her hand. She rubbed them together before smearing his back. Seomin must not have realized it, but Donghae certainly did, as he looked back to see a dazed face sweep across her face. “Like what you see?” He winked but received a sound slap on the back. “Ow!”

 

“Stupid,” she muttered before putting on her sunglasses on and lying on the towel. Seomin intended to sleep and not do a single thing before lunch.

 

When Seomin was about to drift into a deep slumber, she felt a pair of eyes on her. She shifted her eyes to see Donghae staring at her, with a quizzical expression on his face with his head cocked to the side. “Like what YOU see?” she said, taking him in surprise.

 

“Wh-what are you talking about?”

 

“I am wearing a rose bikini after all, at your suggestion on our shopping trip. You must have liked it then, you must like it more now that I’m wearing it.” Seomin wanted to see his reaction. Would it be like her own?

 

Donghae’s cheeks reddened and he shook his head. “I-I wasn’t looking.”

 

“Oh how could you not look at my new figure, your work of art after those grueling dance classes and diet regimes.”

 

“W-well you d-do look g-great.” Seomin’s face remained serious, until a burst of laughter came fr

Please log in to read the full chapter