27

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seomin opened her eyes once the stylist finished applying the makeup for the first round of photos. Today, they were taking all the photos for the album cover, lyric book, and the promotional items. Apparently her face would be on a lot of her fan merchandise. A fan club name had not been made, but Seomin had requested they wait until she had a fan base in order to get some ideas from her own fans. Taking photos was not her favourite hobby. She was never one of those girls who often took selcas when they were bored. Instead, she invested her time in homework and music. “Guess I better get used to it now.” Seomin walked out of her dressing room to the warehouse-like studio. Her first outfit was going to be used for her softer ballad songs. She was wearing a knee-length peach chiffon dress with flowers braided into her long hair. The makeup was soft, her eyelids a soft lavender shade and her lips a natural pink. When she made her way to Donghae and the photographer, she gave them a bow and made her way to the set.

 

“We’re going to take a variety of shots on this bench with some props along the way. Act as natural as you can.” Seomin nodded and took a seat on one side of the bench. The photographer asked her to sit with her feet together, hands placed neatly together on her lap. She stared straight at the camera with a smile. Next, she looked up over her shoulder, pretending to see something interesting in the distance. For her third shot, they brought in a dove and placed it on the tip of her finger. This photo took a lot longer, as they made her put her arm in various positions. In the end, the photographer thought the one with her arm spread out as if to let the bird land gently on her fingers was best. Seomin agreed and was shocked how natural it seemed.

 

Donghae patted her shoulders and gave her a thumbs up. “And you didn’t believe me when I said you are my pretty girl.”

 

She motioned for him to return to her dressing room. He patiently waited for her to change before coming in while the makeup artist changed her makeup. “I’m worried about the next shots. How am I supposed to look confident? This whole thing makes me nervous!”

 

“You didn’t look nervous out there.”

 

“Hyeyoung has always said I looked innocent when I’m nervous…” Seomin muttered. When the makeup artist was done, she was shocked to see the 180 degree transformation. Her lips were a bright red and the eyeliner was quite dramatic. It winged out quite far, making her look fierce without even trying. Her hair was pulled into a tight slick ponytail. Is this how everyone does it? She came out wearing a strapless navy blue dress. They took a couple shots of her standing in various positions between large iron gates. They were going to add some special effects to create a more dramatic look. Her stylist quickly dressed her into a more revealing dress. Seomin shifted uncomfortably in her dress, knowing that it fit snuggly against her curves.

 

“How did my pretty girl turn into such a y goddess?” Donghae smirked from behind.

 

She blushed and quickly scurried to the set, where they had managed to create a gothic bedroom. Seomin tried to take her photos as confidently as possible, but the photographer shook his head. “No…this doesn’t seem right.” They tried again, but he apologized, saying, “I should have thought of this sooner. I think we need to get you with a male model, but I don’t have anyone available right now.”

 

“We need to get this done today,” Donghae reminded.

 

The photographer nodded and was about to call for someone on his cell when he turned back around and smiled. “Donghae! Please get changed. I’m sure the stylist has something in your size!”

 

“Eh?” Seomin blurted out. She was going to take photos wit

Please log in to read the full chapter