31

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Red lines blared into Seomin’s sleepy eyes, hazy until focused back to read 5:00 AM. She was surprised to see herself wake up before her alarm, as the past few weeks had exhausted her to the point Donghae often had to wake her up himself so she could turn off her alarm clock. Speaking of Donghae, Seomin turned her head to see him asleep beside her still in yesterday’s clothes. She tsked at him for not covering himself with the blanket, and shivered as she let the warm air escape while she placed half of it until his body. Seomin’s lips pulled into a smile as he curled into the blanket, hugging it in his arms. “Why do you do this to me?” she whispered. Seomin recalled last night’s words. Believe. Trust. Protect. Love. She never imagined him to say these four words to her. Especially not the last, though perhaps he did not think she would hear it. Seomin recalled their conversation at the Fall Celebration.

 

 She excused herself and followed Donghae to the side. When they were distanced from the rest of the party, he sighed. "Seomin, what is he to you?"

 

"N-none of your business." She crossed her arms. In truth, she didn't know either.

 

"Don't date."

 

Did he still feel the same way? He knew the consequences of a relationship with his own scandal too, though now everyone knew the truth. She lay there, her mind going back and forth between those words and the words spoken not too long ago. “What is it that you want? What do I want?” For the next hour, she watched him sleep, his nose cutely scrunching at one point. Seomin did this until her alarm rang an hour later. She rolled over and turned it off when Donghae’s cell phone rang. “Donghae, pick up your phone. Someone is calling you.” Seomin rolled back and saw him still sleeping. “Aish…” She tapped his shoulder to no avail. Annoyed by the loud music, she used all her strength and pushed him off the bed.

 

“Ugh!” he groaned. He glared at her as he took the call. “Hello? Oh yes, we’ll be there shortly. Thank you for the reminder.” Once the phone call ended, Donghae propped his elbows on the mattress and placed his chin on top of his hands. “Seoulized Music wants to film a studio music video for our duet because of the positive response.”

 

It was Seomin’s turn to groan. “I don’t want to!” Her words must have hit him deeper than she expected, as his eyes drooped. She quickly remembered the words he spoke to her last night, and feeling bad, slowly nodded her head. “Give me some time to get ready.”

 

<
Please log in to read the full chapter