32

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning was the first day of October, and it was a great way to start this month with a cozy relaxed hangout time. Or Seomin thought. After waking up and getting dressed, she went to the kitchen, but was surprised to see no one around. “Donghae?” she said aloud, but no one responded. Seomin searched the apartment and even peeked her head out of the hallway. She returned to the kitchen where she spotted a note on the fridge.

 

Hi Seomin,

 

I’m so sorry, but I’m going to have to cancel on you. I know this isn’t the best thing as I have something really important to tell you. Please understand and forgive me! I was called into a meeting this morning to discuss your mini concert. I cleared the couch so you can use it. I’ll be with you there in spirit, so don’t be afraid to laugh and ask me questions. I’ll be thinking about you at the meeting (it’s my job hehe). Wait for me to come back tonight so I can share what I want to say with you.

 

                                                                        Donghae

 

She frowned, disappointed that he wasn’t going to be with her today. “And I was hoping to tell you how I feel so that I could let it out of my system.” She wanted to tell him in the morning so that they had the rest of the day to get over it and continue with their artist-manager relationship. Thinking that he wouldn’t be coming home any time soon, Seomin decided to go to the café not too far from their apartment. It  seemed quiet and looked intriguing from the outside whenever they passed it on their way back home. Seomin grabbed her bag and disguise, a thick infinity scarf and no lens glasses, before heading out. It was too early in the morning for young people to be out, so she had no problem getting to the café. When she was there, she ordered a cup of ginseng tea and sat away from the windows to wait for her order.

 

When her tea was ready, a waiter served it to her, but cocked his head. “Do I know you?” She shook her head and put on a confused expression. She was too afraid to say a word, afraid her voice would give her away. He suspiciously looked at her again before excusing himself and serving another customer. Seomin sighed in relief and sipped her gingseng tea. An hour passed by the time Seomin had finished her tea and had time to check her social networking, responding to fans on her twitter and her fan cafés. She felt refreshed by the strong tea and decided she should return home before Donghae returned. Seomin picked up her things and said goodbye before heading out, but was immediately stopped by a hoard of people. She turned to see the waiter also taking a picture. Oh crap. I’ve been caught!

 

She had to say hi and shook hands with a few fans before she began to make her way through the crowd. She hoped that this was enough, but Seomin quickly realized these were not just any fans. These were saesang fans!

Please log in to read the full chapter