41

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Donghae and Seomin spent all night and part of the morning at the sound room, working on her album. They had went through the track list, listening to the demo tracks and recording Seomin sight reading the music. Everyone under Seoulized Music did this too. Seomin thought it was interesting to listen to her sing the songs for the first time to see how she initially sang the songs. Often, she would hit the notes correctly, but her voice lacked the passion or right emotion to convey the true meaning of the lyrics. After doing this nine times, they listened to the audio, laughing at parts where Seomin had messed up the words and hummed parts because she couldn’t read them fast enough. Her Korean was still in the works of perfection, and Seomin found that reading and writing were more difficult than speaking for her. They shared notes on what needed to be fixed before heading home together. As soon as they got to their bedroom, Donghae and Seomin showered, brushed their teeth, changed into their pajamas, and went straight to bed.

----

Ring ring ring! Seomin pulled the covers over her head to cover her ears. Bang bang bang! Seomin heard a fist pound the door, the doorbell ringing simultaneously. She groaned, still sleeping in bed despite it being ten in the morning. Seomin curled the blanket tighter around her, clinging to the warmth, as she snuggled her head against Donghae’s chest. “Get the door…” she mumbled.

“Mmm…you get it,” he replied. Neither of them moved. Bang bang bang! They continued to sleep in each other’s embrace, cherishing their time together. Even though the two worked together, they were often around many people. Despite everyone in the company knowing their relationship, they decided to remain professional. It was for the best, because Seomin felt her work life needed to be separated from her personal life for this to work. After five minutes passed, he asked in a sleepy voice, “Do you think that person is still out there?”

She shook her head. “It was probably just a door to door salesman selling us the latest rice cooker.” Seomin sighed contently, the effects of sleeping past five thirty kicking in. It had been awhile since the two were able to sleep in after a long night of work. Often, they worked late and had a scheduled activity to attend the next morning.

“I am not a door to door salesman!” Seomin frowned as she heard someone whisper in her ear. That was definitely not Donghae’s voice. A few seconds of thought caused Seomin to sit up suddenly, clutching the blanket against her chest. Her thoughts were right. “Good morning,” Hyeyoung said, unimpressed at the sight in front of her.

Seomin blinked, bit her lip and shook Donghae by the shoulder. He sat up, groggily as he rubbed his eyes, the blanket falling to reveal his chest. “What’s going on Seomin… I thought you said the salesman left.” He blinked a couple times, and Seomin grimaced when Donghae shrunk at the sight of Hyeyoung. “Hey?” Seomin pulled the blanket up to Donghae to hide his half body. Not that she was afraid Hyeyoung would fall in love with Donghae, but Seomin felt entitled to keep Donghae's gorgeous body to herself. He took the edge of the sheets from Seomin thankfully.

“Hey yourself. What’s going on here, huh?” Wait for it, Seomin thought, grimacing before it even began. And as predicted, Hyeyoung started to rant. “You didn’t tell me this! OH GOD ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH YOUR MANAGER? Park Seomin how could you–”

“I’m not floozy you dummy!” Seomin threw her pillow at Hyeyoung to cut her off. Hyeyoung ducked, returning to a full standing position with a pout on her lips. “It’s called d.a.t.i.n.g. You know, the thing you really wanted me to be doing as soon as you got interested in boys.”

“Ohhhhh…Ohhhh!” Hyeyoung’s face lit up. “OHHHH!” She looked at Seomin and then Donghae, a smile emerging on her face. “This is so cute! Oh my goodness Seomin.” She pounced onto the bed happily as Seomin rolled her eyes. “Donghae you have to tell me how you asked her out! Tell me everything!”

“Er,” Donghae croaked.

Seomin got out of bed, took Hyeyoung’s hand, and began to drag her out of the room. “I think it’s best if I tell you. Let’s go to the living room.” Hyeyoung ran off, extremely excited to hear the news. Seomin turned back to Donghae, a sympathetic smile on her face. “See what I mean?”

He chuckled and got up, going over to Seomin and pulling her into a hug. “I get it.” He kissed her lightly on the top of her head and brushed a few strands of hair away from her face. “I’m going to get dressed while you explain everything.” Seomin nodded and headed to the living room. Down the hallway, she heard Donghae groan. “So awkward, so awkward, so awkward.” She chuckled to herself. This was probably not the first impression Donghae wanted to give to Hyeyoung when she arrived in Korea. He was probabl

Please log in to read the full chapter