[1-5] Work Work Work Wait What? Amuse

GAYA Academy

All things are difficult before they are easy. ~Thomas Fuller
 

Haruma went from place to place looking for a job for about a week. A lot of places wanted Haruma's help but because he's a high school student, he wasn't allowed to work at those places. Haruma couldn't give up so he continued searching. Eventually, he found jobs that were available for him to do and he decided to take them all. At night he worked at a sauna as a member of the cleaning staff, in the evening he worked as a pizza delivery boy, in the afternoons he would work at a grocery store and in the mornings he worked at a takoyaki stall. He had an extremely packed schedule so he stopped attending school without notification.

He cared less about school so it didn't bother him if he did or didn't go. His teachers were worried about his constant absences so they sent his homeroom teacher to talk to him. During her lunch break, she went to Haruma's home to talk to him. She constantly knocked on the door until Haruma answered her.

"Who is it?" He asked.

The teacher introduced herself and he let her in. She comes in and sat down on the floor in front of the table. She noticed that the apartment had two rooms.

"Haruma kun do you live by yourself?"

"Don't call me that...your not my teacher anymore and yes I live alone."

"What do you mean by I'm not your teacher anymore?"

"I quit school...I'm working four jobs and I can't afford to be bothered with it. Now if that's all, please leave."

"Haruma kun...wait...you can't work. It's against school rules."she said after he showed her to the door.

"Stop calling me that. Look...just say I drop out...I don't care...I don't plan on going to school anymore...I have other things to take care of."

"What about your parents? What would they think?" She blabbered on.

"My...parents can't think..." He whispered.

"What?" She asked him.

He sighed and told her the story. "My parents are in a coma. I need to work to pay the bill...now please leave, I have to prepare for work."

The teacher was shocked. "You should tell the school..."she said as he shut the door in her face. "Haruma kun Haruma kun!" She yelled at the door.

{She's so annoying!} He ran to open the door and told her to shut the heck up because its bothersome for the neighbors. When she finally quieted down, the landlord came and told Haruma that the bills are due by the end of next week and if he doesn't have the money then he will call the movers and force him to move out. Because a kid being allowed to live by himself was promoting a negative image of the apartment complex, the landlord was losing money due to that so he wanted Haruma to leave asap. Haruma sighed and walked away. He was going to be late.

"Haruma!" yelled the teacher and the land lord but Haruma didn't care. He had work to do.

While he finished his previous delieveries, he receieved a call from his boss telling him to come back to the shop so he can tell him about a special order that needs to be taken care of asap. He goes back to the pizza palor with one of his co worker.

“Amuse???! The entertainment agency?!” yelled Haruma when his boss told him about the special order.

“Yes…They are having some type of meeting party thing and they’ve ordered a lot of pizza. Go deliver them and take Satoshi with you. He can drive the truck for you” the boss said as he wrote down their address. So he went with Satosh. When they made it to the agency, the security was really strict. {Oh boy…I hope I don’t get tazed. Is this much security necessary? So shady…} He thought as he looked around to see metal detectors, and tons of surveillance cameras surrounding the building.Anyway, he went inside the lobby and to one of the security guard’s desk in order to attempted to make his delivery.

“Hey! I received a large order from Amuse agency.”

“Hn…what type of order?” sneered the security guards.

“Pizza…I received an order for a dozen cheese, a dozen, pepperoni, a dozen seafood, a dozen Hawaiian style, and a dozen mushroom…”

“Lies! Where’s the receipt and your identity?”

“What? I’m not lying. Look…Here’s my company badge and the receipt. Can I please make the delivery?”

“It could be poisonous…we all know crazy fans like you…No…you can’t pass”

“Are you kidding me?”

While all of the commotion was going on, one of the managers from the company decided to step in. Finally the argument subsided and Haruma was able to deliver the pizzas.However, the manager was stunned by Haruma's good looks, especially his smile, and wanted him to work for the company but he couldn't say it directly because Haruma was busy with the pizza deliveries. So he waited patiently until Haruma was done with all of his deliveries throughout the agency. He finally caught Haruma walking out of the building.

"Wait a moment please!" The manager said.

Haruma turned around and saw the guy running after him. {ah..it's him from earlier}

He thought maybe he forgot to thank the guy for helping earlier, so he signaled to the driver to wait a moment. The manager catches up and Haruma immediately thanked him.

"No problem...but...can I ask you something?"

"Umm...sure why not?"

"Do you want to work here?"

"I'm underage...so it..."

"No it's fine as long as you have your parents permission.."

"My parents are in a coma...I need to work...so please...let me go back to my work..." Haruma said grimly.

"Wait! How much do you need? I will pay it...I'm serious!"

Haruma faced the guy again. {what's with him?} The manager saw Haruma's weirded out face.

"Don't think of me as a weird old man! Think of me as your manager." He said.

"Manager? For what?"

"I will turn you into an actor or a model...or both...whatever you want to be..."

"I'm sorry but I don't believe a word you saying...I'm leaving now..."

"No please...don't you know Amuse? I work there as a manager. Please...I need a good looking man like you to work with..."

Haruma sighed. "Look sir...I've given up my dreams of becoming an actor a long time ago. I need to..."

"Support your parents...I figured already...just tell me how much and I will pay it for you."

"How can I believe you?"

"Look ... a check is right here in my hand. Who do I make it out to?" The manager desperately pleaded.

"Fine...come with me...I'm going to the hospital after I return to get my check. Today is payday."

"Okay..." He said as the manager hopped into the passenger seat.

"Ummm...I meant the back..."

The manager completely ignored him. {tsk...This guy...ugh...what in the world am I doing?} Haruma climbed in the back and they headed back to the pizza parlor.