[1-7] Is This For Real?

GAYA Academy

{During Taxi Ride}

“Is…all of this for real?”

“Yep…” said the manager as he observed his passing surroundings.

“Really…”

“Yep…”

“So…the check…it won’t bounce back?”

The Manager turned away from the window and stared at Haruma.

“I am 100 percent sure this real and that it won’t bounce back. I will also take care of your living expenses and etc. Please…believe in me. This isn’t a prank or a joke.”

“Don’t you have to get approval from the upper management?”

“I do…”

“Have you’ve gotten it?”

“Not yet. But my cousin will allow you in.”

“Cousin?”

“Yeah…didn’t I tell you?”

“No you told me you were a non creepy manager and you would pay for everthing. Like…there was no badge no nothing…”

“Yet you followed me? Hmm…I might have to reconsider...”

“Wait what???! You…”

“I’m joking…calm down. Shesh…no one can take a joke these days. Here…” he said as he handed Haruma his credentials.

“…Ueda Takagi…the Ueda Takagi?”

“See…I am real. My cousin is the CEO and he will allow me to have you as a trainee. But you need to do the paper work though.”

“I thought we just did it?”

“I mean your school paper work”

"Ah I see. So I just have to go to school right..."

"Yeah…if you want to say that...you can...it's a private academy that trains actors, models, singers, dancers, comedians and etc. You may have heard of Oguri Shun, Hiroki Namiriya, Jun Matsumoto and all of them."

They arrived at their destination so they get out of the car. Haruma nearly tripped over himself as he heard those famous idols names.

"Are.....you serious?! They went to that school?"

"Well, they are still there. Oguri shun and Namiriya Hiroki have graduated but they are now teaching part time there...so hopefully you will be chosen to take their classes and gain great knowledge and come back to Amuse as a shining star with successful beneficial friends~~~!" Said the manager happily.

"So that's what you are really after...well sorry to say this...but I have no intentions of making friends ever again. I will just attend class so I can graduate..." Said Haruma plainly which bursting the manager's bubble. Haruma walked past the shocked manager and opened the door to the apartment lobby area. The manager followed behind trying to change Haruma’s mind on interacting with prominent actors.

"Come on...you are given this unique opportunity...to..." The manager words were cut off as soon as they entered.

"Haruma! Pay or leave! I'm fed up with your diva iness!" Yelled the land lord.

"Fine..." Haruma said. He looked back at his manager. "Talk to him...he's my manager..."

The land lord was puzzled."what do you mean...manager?"

"Yes my entertainment manager..." Haruma said while trying to play cool and signaling the manager from behind to come do something.

{tsk this kid already becoming a diva...he's so cute XD}

The manager walks over and introduced himself. "Hello, my name is Ueda Takagi. I'm a manager for Amuse entertainment agency. May I ask for the price of the rent?"

"It's um....it's um...75,000 yen a month...This punk...I mean…fine gentlemen...is going to be a celebrity?"

"That's what we're training him for. Now good sir, do you accept direct deposits or can I electronically deposit?"

"Uhhhh...both is fine..."

"Here's my card...please give me your account information and I will wire you every month."

"Hugh...okay..."

Haruma left with the manager when everything was settled. He walked to his apartment.

"I won't be coming in. I have to go get the contracts approved by the agency. I will stop by next month. September 1st, I will take you to the Orientation/Welcome ceremony. Also check the website for updates on your application. It will be all over the front page."

"Okay..." said Haruma as he entered alone. Before he closed the door his manager said a few words before parting, "Haruma! Don't blame yourself for the stupidity of others...I figure that's why you don't want to make friends because they hurt you...I don't know the details or anything but...think of this whenever you feel sad...tomorrow is a start for a new beginning...so don't give up...wait you can give up that pity rude cold attitude though...it would make everything a lot easier...well I'm off. Oh wait...here  is your new bank card. I will put money on it every week. And also your cellphone. Jaa..."

Haruma accepted the card and the phone and went inside the house. He stared at the card. "This is...for real?..." He his cellphone and began calling a take out place to see if his card works. He’s been craving Italian food for the longest time. The delivery boy comes and knocks on the door. "Here's your order, where's your card?" Haruma handed him the card and took the food inside. "What's your PIN number?" "It's....uhhhhhh..."  Haruma blanked out until his phone received a message from his manager. "Silly kid...this is the real deal...the pin is 2278." Haruma smiled and said 2278. It worked and the delivery boy left. "Omg! Look at all this food…there's bread...pasta...and of course my favorite cheesecake! Omg, I can't believe this...Mama...papa...now you both can wake up in peace. Even though I've given up on my dream...I will still work hard as an actor to pay back the contract." He said while pigging out and laughing. Today was the start of a beautiful crazy nightmare.

 

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like. ~ Lao Tzu