Prisoner

Searching For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SungMin groaned. As he rolled over, his arm touched something hard and cold. Blearily, he sat up, rubbing his eyes to get sleep out of them. His head felt heavy, as though he had not yet properly awoken. Blinking a few times, he glanced around. His eyes widened as he took in his surroundings.

He was in a cell. The cold hard thing he had touched was metal. Caged in from all sides, he was lying on a mattress in the middle of the floor, bare ground all around him. There was a plate of food on a table a few feet away, and a pitcher next to it.

Panic and dread filled him and he ran to the bars, shaking them, looking for a way out, anything. As he turned right around, he saw a slight bend in the metal and rushed to it. Sure enough, there was a door, made into the bars of the cage. As he glanced left, he saw the hinges. Shaking them anxiously, a loud clanging filled the room as the chains slapped against the metal. But it was useless.

The door was well made. Feeling with his fingers, he realized that it was obviously locked from the outside, and with a password lock as well.  Meaning that even if he did manage to break the lock, it would make no sense. He would be trapped there forever. His hands stilled at the thought.

A creaking made him jump away from the bars in an instant and he hurried to the mattress as quietly as he could, pretending to sleep again.

“No, he might be awake.” It was a harsh whisper, and he recognized the voice.

“But what if Kyu-”

“Shut up!” the commanding whisper came again.

“Hey! You!” someone tapped on the bars of his cell, making a clinking sound as metal met metal. He cracked one eye open. It was the same small boy who had served him his last meal. From the anxious look on his face, and the sceptical expression of the guy beside him, he could tell they weren’t exactly sure what to do.

“What?” SungMin answered, his voice emotionless.

“You… you,” the smaller guy took a deep breath as the other looked at him in concern.

“RyeoWook, breathe,” he reminded the smaller one. RyeoWook. That was his name.

“Did you eat?” RyeoWook asked him. SungMin sat up and smirked. Confidence. It threw people right off.

“Nope. Considering the last time you knocked me out, this time you could possibly be poisoning me.” RyeoWook’s mouth formed a little O of surprise as the other chuckled a little.

“He is justified in his answer,” he heard him whisper to RyeoWook.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter