We Can Be Together

Love

Ga Eul just stood there quietly. She could not believe what she was hearing.

Yi Jung: Ga Eul yang.

Ga Eul:…….

Yi Jung: Ga Eul yang!

Ga Eul:…….

Yi Jung: Chu Ga Eul!!

Ga Eul then falls to her knees because of how surprised she was.

Yi Jung: Ga Eul yang! Are you okay? Waegure?

Ga Eul: S…S..Sunbae, can you say that again?

Yi Jung: I said Eun Jae doesn’t love me. She still loves my Hyung.

Ga Eul: Oh.

Yi Jung: Oh? Is that all you have to say to me? I said that she doesn’t love me, so we can be together.

Ga Eul: Really? Are you sure?

Yi Jung: Yes I am sure!

Yi Jung says this with a smile. He slowly helps Ga Eul get up.

Yi Jung: Let’s go, I’ll take you home.

Yi Jung takes Ga Eul to the car and drives her to her house. In the car, they were both really quite. Yi Jung could see that Ga Eul was in deep thought so he decided not to say anything.

Can this be really true? I should be happy, but why am I not relieved at all to here this? Is this really okay? Does this really mean that we can be together? I’m so confused.

They finally make it to Ga Eul’s house. Yi Jung and Ga Eul get out of the car and walk over to Ga Eul’s house.

Ga Eul: Komawoyo (Thank you), for taking me home.  

Ga Eul begins to go into her home, but then Yi Jung grabs her arm and turns it around. Yi Jung hugs her. Ga Eul is very shocked by this. They stay still like that for a while.

Yi Jung: Ga Eul yang I-

Ga Eul breaks the hug quickly.

Yi Jung: Ga Eul yang? Waegure?

Ga Eul: We can’t…

Ga Eul says this very quietly.

Yi Jung: What did you say? I can’t hear you.

Ga Eul: We can’t…

Yi Jung: We can’t what?

Ga Eul: We can’t be together.

Yi Jung grabs Ga Eul’s shoulders.

Yi Jung: What do you mean we can’t be together? Why not? I already said-

Ga Eul: It doesn’t matter!

Yi Jung: What? How can you say that? Of course it does. You said that the reason that we can’t be together is because I have a fiancé. I am going to break the engagement with Eun Jae. What’s the problem now?

Ga Eul: What about your parents?

Yi Jung: What about them?

Ga Eul: They’ll never accept me.

Yi Jung: Do you honestly think I care about that? If I did, don’t you think I would have married Eun Jae by now already? I don’t care if they approve us or not. Why would I?

Ga Eul: Sunbae, how could you say something like that? They are your parents.

Yi Jung: So what? You have seen how that so called father of mine acts. You know what he does to my mother. How can I think of that old man as my father? And my mother, she just sits down every day letting him hurt her. How could I think of people like that as my parents?

Ga Eul: Sunbae, it doesn’t matter what kind of people they are. Your parents are your parents. They still love you, and they haven’t abandoned you. 

Yi Jung: Love me? Do you really think that they love me? They are just trying to make more money buy combining our two companies together. That is why I have to marry her. I lost my real parents long ago.

Ga Eul: How can you say that? And even if it was like that, they are just trying to give you a good future. They are still with you Sunbae. You have to be thankful for that.

Yi Jung: Why should I? Look, why are we even talking about this? We can be together even without my parent’s permission.

Ga Eul: No. I won’t go into a relationship if the parents do not approve.

Yi Jung: Mwoh? Wae?

Ga Eul: Because the parents’ approval is very important to me. And besides, Sunbae you have forgotten that we belong to 2 different worlds. We can never be together.

Yi Jung: Ga Eul yang, my parents do not matter at all. I already told them that I am going to be with the person that I choose, and not the one they chose for me. And what do you mean we are from 2 different worlds? That didn’t stop you back then.

Ga Eul: I was young and naïve back then. I didn’t understand the world.

Yi Jung: Look we can be together if we want to be. Jun Pyo and Jan Di were able to be together, so why can’t we?

Ga Eul: Jan Di is different from me. She has a lot more confidence. Sunbae you remember what they had to go through?

Yi Jung:….

Ga Eul: They went through so much pain. I’m sorry but I don’t think I am strong enough to go through all of that. I don’t want to get hurt. If your parents don’t approve then my answer is no.

Yi Jung: How can you say that? If we love each other what’s the problem? We can get through everything together. I’ll protect you. I'll be there for you. Even if I have to give everything up for you I would be willing to do that. I-

Ga Eul: No! I don’t want you to give up everything for me. Do you think it would make me happy to see you suffer like that? I don’t want to break your family up.

Yi Jung: What do you mean? My family broke a long time ago.

Ga Eul: No in their own way they are showing you that they love you, Yi Jung sunbae.

Yi Jung: No they don’t.

Ga Eul: Yes they do. They-

Yi Jung: What do you understand?

Ga Eul: Deh? (what?) (formal way)

Yi Jung: How could you ever understand? You have normal parents that love each other. You have a normal life. How could someone like you ever understand how I feel? I hate my parents!! I don’t need them! They-

Ga Eul suddenly slaps Yi Jung.

What did she just do to me? Why?

Tears started to fall from Ga Eul’s eyes.

Why is she crying? What did I say? Is it because I yelled at her.

Yi Jung: Ga…Ga Eul yang, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to yell at you. I-

Ga Eul: Mwoh? I don’t understand? How could someone like me not understand?

Yi Jung: Ga Eul yang I-

Ga Eul: How could you say something like that to me? You hate your parents? I hate people like you the most, Sunbae!

Ga Eul runs inside while crying. Yi Jung is so shocked by this. He walks back to his car and drives away. In the car, Yi Jung quickly calls Jan Di.

Yi Jung: Jan Di? I’m coming over to your house now.

Yi Jung finally arrives at Jan Di and Jun Pyo’s mansion.

Jan Di: Oh, Sunbae. You’re here. Please come and sit.

Jun Pyo: Yi Jung? Why are you here?

Yi Jung: Jan Di, I have to ask you something about Ga Eul yang.

Jan Di: Deh? What happened? Is she okay?

Yi Jung: She’s not hurt. Well not physically at least.

Jan Di: Deh? What do you mean?

Yi Jung quickly tells Jan Di and Jun Pyo about everything that happened.

Jan Di: Ugh, why did you make her cry again, Sunbae?

Yi Jung: I just don’t get it what did I do wrong? Is it because I told her that people like her wouldn’t understand? Or is it because I yelled at her?

Jun Pyo: Yi Jung you don’t know?

Yi Jung: I don’t know what?

Jan Di: No of course he doesn’t know.

Jun Pyo: Mwoh? Jan Di, I thought you said that Ga Eul was going to tell him about it.

Jan Di: She was going to but she didn’t want to worry him.

Yi Jung; Tell me what?

Jan Di: Sunbae, she didn’t want to tell you before because she was afraid that it would bother you while you were studying at Sweden, so she kept it a secret from you.

Yi Jung: What? What did she not want to tell me?

Jan Di: Sunbae, Ga Eul’s parents died in a car accident 3 years ago. It was a year after you left for Sweden.

Yi Jung: Mwoh?


How was it????? HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT!!!! I am sooooooooo SORRY for not updating! I promise I will update faster so please KEEP READING! Please also don't forget to SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT. I promise you it's about to become really good!!! Please comment!! It really helps me write! It makes me feel like I am not wasting my time and that people are actually enjoying it! Thank you!! LOVE YOU ALL SARANGHAEYO!!!