A Bad Day Turned Around

The Bench in The Park
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday morning now and you were already dreading the day. You were happy about your promotion, but you just didn't want to face Stephanie. You also weren't looking forward to preparing for a new magazine design, but what can you do. 

You were now on your way to work, ready for the long day ahead. On your way to work you got a coffee and doughnut to keep you awake. As you pulled up into the parking, you were greeted by your boss. He smiled at you and said "Ahh __________ good morning. If you need any help setting up in your new office just ask one of your team members and here are the keys to your new office." He handed you the keys and then walked off. You just smiled and then bowed as he walked off. You then shut your car door and made your way up the building. 

As you walked in, you gathered your stuff from your old desk and headed straight to your new office. It was hard for you to unlock the door with all the boxes in your hand, so you called Kevin and Amanda from your team. They came right over and helped you set up in your office. As the office was coming into place you bowed down at Kevin and Amanda and said "Thanks for the help. I am just going to organize and look at what is done so far for the design and then will call a meeting." They both nodded and then left your office. As soon as they left, you sat down at your desk and let out a sigh. You looked around your office now and just smiled. "So this is how it is to have your own office." You took a picture of your office, sent it to Exo-K and got right to work. 

You had been sitting at your desk for 3 hours now and you already got a pretty good idea as to how the new magazine design would look. You just needed to get the edited version of the fashion blog. You were contemplating as to whether you should call Stephanie or not but with no other choice you decided to call her. She came into your office 10 minutes later and said "You asked for me?" You just smiled at her now and said "Yes, I just need to check the edited version of the fashion blog. Do you mind bringing that over?" She just smiled deviously now and said "Well right now its my lunch break, so how about you just get it?" You nodded now and said "Oh I'm sorry. Okay you can have your lunch." She then nodded and left your office. You grabbed your hair in frustration and decided to page the boss. "Nae _________ what is it?" You cleared your throat and said "I was wondering if I can come to your office right now?" He laughed now and said "Nae that's fine with me." You smiled and then got your designs for the magazine and made your way to his office. 

As soon as you entered, you went to his desk and showed him the designs. He was pretty satisfied with the designs as he nodded and said "This will be a huge success. Have you got the fashion blog yet?" You just looked down now and said "I asked Stephanie to bring it over, but she just said it was her lunch and left." Your boss just nodded and said "When Stephanie comes back from her lunch, tell her I need to speak to her." You nodded now and said " Araso, I am going to hold a meeting now with my team so I shall head back now." Your boss suddenly got up now and grabbed your wrist saying "___________ wait after the meeting, want to have lunch with me?" You nodded now and said "Nae, how about at 12?" Your boss nodded and then watched as you left. 

The meeting went pretty well and the team agreed on publishing the new magazine in mid July. Even if you had to make Kevin get the edited version of the fashion blog, you were happy that everything went smoothly. As the meeting was coming to an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter