XOXO 33

Baby Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(1 Year Later)

Air blew and the peaceful wind covered the atmosphere and pushed all the tense in people’s mind. Spring is near and flowers grow beautifully in sight.

Luhan visited Jessica in jail to sort things out between them. Jessica reached for the phone as Luhan did the same in front of her. A wall is separating them and a glass window is the only space for them to look each other on the face.

“Hi.” Luhan greeted with a small smile.
Jessica up her lips with a heavy sigh. “After all I’ve done to you and her; you still have the humanity to say hi to me.” She said politely. Luhan take a deep breath and began, “Jessica…”

“No. Let me do the talk.” Jessica cut his words and makes Luhan stunted to continue to speak.

Jessica take a deep breath as her eyes getting red as guilt, anger, disappointed on her fill her up completely. “Did I ever tell you, that you look handsome with any clothes you wear?”

Luhan frowned didn’t get the picture with her sudden question. “Did I?” she asked again politely seeing no reaction from him. Luhan his lips and nodded slowly. Jessica smiled in bitterness. “Did I ever tell you that you look cute when you making faces because you’re annoyed with some things?”

Luhan looked down with the phone still on his ear. Slowly this time, he shakes his head. “No, you didn’t.” he answered back.

Jessica snickered but sadness feeling in her tone can be heard. “Okay, but now I’ve told you.”

Luhan don’t know what to say. Everything Jessica had done to him and his family is too much, but seeing her vulnerable and broken like this is not what he wants either. All he was hoping is for her to live peacefully and leave him and the others alone. But watching her inside a stone wall and metal gates all over her is painful.

After the occurrence one year ago at the public pool where the woman in front of her make a risk decision to kidnap Hyunmi and attempt to killed Sora in a pool, the cops take her away and imposed a fine imprisonment for several years. The looks on Mr and Mrs Jung really showed that they were disappointed in her.

“But she also said that she realized the specialty on you just like the way I do…but maybe more.” Jessica continued and whispered the last words in her breath. Luhan looked up on her, asking her to explain with what she have just said about ‘her’.

“I’m sure she sees a lot more than I am of you.” Jessica nodded and pushed her bangs behind her ear. “All these years, I see you only on the outside. On your family background, your academic ranking and everything that people like us needed to further our life as a business tribe. But she…”

Luhan swallow his saliva hardly as he waits for her to continue. “She sees you on the inside, Luhan. Which is something I’m not capable to do. She can see you through enlighten heart, morality, humanity and everything inside you that I’m not able to do so.”

“I’m sorry for everything I’d done to you and the other as well.” Jessica apologized with tears streaming down on her cheeks.

“I’ve already forgive you long time ago, Jess.” Luhan said sincerely before the guard said that the visiting time is over.

“I’ll see you later okay. And make sure that you happy with your life.” Jessica said her last words. “Sure thing. Take care of yourself” Luhan nodded as both of them put down the phone. He watched as Jessica disappeared behind the metal door escorted by the guard.

With heavy sigh, he stood up and walked out.

 

 

Baekhyun walked into Chanyeol’s bedroom only to seeing his best friend getting ready with nice black shirt and his hair even comb back make him look more handsome, neat and orderly.

“Don’t forget to bring some flower with you.” He reminded him. Chanyeol grabbed his watch and wear it. “Yeah. I’ll buy it on my way later. What flower should I buy?” he asked as he looked at the mirror.

“She did say that she adores white roses, right?” Baekhyun tried to remember Sora mentioned about her favorites flower before. “White roses…” Chanyeol thought about it and smiled softly. He nodded in agreement. “Then white roses it is.” He decided.

“Take care of yourself and say hi to her for me.” Baekhyun said out loud as he company his best friend to the front door. “Will do.” Chanyeol wear his black shoes and walked out before Baekhyun closed the door right after the tall guy disappeared from his sight. “He is sure one tough brother.” He muttered with a proud smile.

 

Chanyeol bought a bouquet of white roses on his way to the cemetery. He takes a bus since it will be the easier way. Baekhyun asked him to take his car, but he declined because he said he prefer some fresh air for the day.

One hour later, he reached his destination and he gets off and continued walking. At the front entrance of the cemetery, he saw his mother standing there probably waiting for him.

“Omma.” He called and the lady turned around before a smile appeared on her gentle smile. “Chanyeol-ah.” She called for his son with loving smile. “Should we go now?” Chanyeol asked with a deep breath. Mrs. Park smiled and nodded. “Let’s go.” She encouraged him and both of them walked together.

As they reached the stone of their love one, they stopped and stared at the name for a few second before both of them kneel down. Chanyeol lay down the flowers and clean the area a bit as his mother did the same. Remove all the dry leaf and the branched from the trees.

“I miss you.” Chanyeol began as his eyes getting warmer in each second. “We miss you.” He pressed the word ‘we’ pointed at his mother and himself.

“What about me?” Another voice said from behind them. Chanyeol and Mrs. Park turned around and smiled wider seeing another person came.

“I wanna see appa as well.” Sora smiled and approached the love of her life. Her brother and her mother. She looked at the stone with her father’s name. “Appa, bogoshippeo.” She said softly and full with longing of the leader Park family.

Sora held her brother’s arm as her mother held hers. Three of them looked at tombstone.

“Oh oppa. You bought white roses.” She beamed as her eyes staring at the flowers placed on the tombstone. Chanyeol ruffled her hair and pulled her next to him.

“Appa…” Chanyeol called for his father as his smiled never disappeared from his face. “You had become a grandfather now. Harabeoji. You had a granddaughter now. His name is Lu Hyunmi. It’s Sora’s daughter.”

“I will bring her to see you soon. And I will bring her father as well.” Sora’s voice started to shake with the sadness fill her up. Her father didn’t have the chance to see Hyunmi with his own eyes.

“Jagiya…” Mrs. Park called for her husband now. “Since you’ve been watching all of us from up there, I’m sure you know how Hyunmi came into our life.” Mrs. Park said as she smiled at Sora.

They spent another few minutes talking with their father. They kept talking about hilarious things that happened and laughed with each other.

“We should go now. It’s getting late.” Mrs Park said to her daughter and son. “Oppa, you bring omma first with you. I’ll catch up with you guys in a few minutes.” Sora said. Chanyeol stared at her for a few second. *She probably need some time alone with appa.* he thought and held out his palm for his mother to reach. “Don’t take too long, okay honey.” Her mother reminded her before both of them walked away. Sora watched them getting far away with each steps before she turned back around facing her father’s stone.

“Appa…” she exclaim softly with longing. Slowly, she kneeled down and sat down with both legs folded to the side. She caressed the stone and this time, tears fall freely on her cheek.

“Thanks for saving me and bring me back to life...” she whispered.

 

Flashback.

Sora lay on her bed in the hospital. Her heartbeat rate was so weak and seems like she didn’t have the chance to open up her eyes for people who are waiting for her.

Chanyeol who’s looked after her kept holding her hand. “Sora-ya…jebal. Don’t die just yet. It’s not the time for you to go. Think about Hyunmi, think about omma. And please, for my sake.” Chanyeol pleaded with tears streaming down on his soft cheek. “It’s still early since we get closer as a brother and sister. I’m such a bad brother for pushing you away from my life before.” He laid her knuckles on his forehead as his face facing down crying in deplorable.

He spent almost an hour crying while watching his sister laying unconscious in front of him. He already sent her mother to his and Baekhyun house for a full rest. It’s been week since Sora stranded in the hospital. The doctor said she suffered cause of stress and her mind is full with many thought that bugging her all these time. And her heart was weak and she doesn’t have the full energy to wake up. But under than that, she’s fine. Since she was sent to the hospital, her life was supported by the machine to keep her heart beating.

The doctor include that she’s fine but it’s like something pulling her back from awake. Like a traumatized or some bad nostalgia that make her terrified to wake up again.

Chanyeol shocked hearing the doctor explanation about his sister. Trauma? Bad nostalgia? What’s making her so terrified?

Chanyeol stood up and walked out to the restroom to freshen up his face a bit leaving Sora alone in the room.

Right after Chanyeol closed the door, someone appeared at the corner of the room. He stared at the person on the bed full with love and care. Slowly he approached the bed until he really stood right next to her.

He held her hand and caressed it. *You’d faced many conjecture and sorrow, my dear.* Slowly, he reached out caressed her head. *It’s not the time for you to come with me just yet, sweety.*

One tear fell down from his eyes and land at the corner of Sora’s eye. Then it slide into her eye and make it look glitter because of the wetness. *People who care about you are waiting. It’s time for you to wake up.* He leaned down and kissed her forehead full with love and affection. *Be strong and protect people around you.*

Then the footsteps could be heard getting neared to the door. *I love you, my daughter.* then the figure disappeared at the same moment the door being opened and Chanyeol walked in.

Chanyeol approached the bed and fixed Sora’s blanket. He tucked the blanket on her legs make sure cold night wind didn’t get onto her legs.

“Oppa.”

Chanyeol stopped his moves and stared in front of him.

“Oppa.”

Slowly Chanyeol turned his head to look at his sister. But Sora’s eyes still closed. Chanyeol sighed thinking that he’s just dreaming and continue with her blanket. But then her feet moving under the blanket. Chanyeol surprised looking at the feet.

“The blanket is uncomfortable.” Sora whispered making her brother snapped his head looking at her. He gasped and get closer to look at her eyes closely. Her eyes did opened and stared at him weakly. “Sora? Park Sora? You’re awake? Oh God…you…” Chanyeol was so happy until he couldn’t utter a word at his sister.

“I should call omma.” Chanyeol get his phone inside his pocket. “Don’t.” Sora stopped her. “Just wait until tomorrow morning. For now…stay here with me, will you?” she whispered. Chanyeol stunned with her request but put back his phone and nodded. He reached for the chair and sat down beside her. “Okay. I’ll stay here. See. I’m here with you.” He entices her softly and held her hand.

“Oppa…”

“Hmm…” Chanyeol raised his eyebrow at her.

“Appa…appa was here a while ago.” She told her with glad smile and her eyes getting red. Chanyeol stared blank at her. Don’t know what to say to that. Sure thing their father is dead, but thinking about a ghost appeared in that room making him felt a bit chill.

“Sora-ya…appa…”

“I know appa is gone. But it’s true. He’s here. He came to see me and wake me up.” Sora started to sob softly. Chanyeol grew alarmed with her condition and leaned forward. “Shh…it’s okay. I’ll believe you.” He persuade her don’t want to make her crying more because the doctor her heart is in weak state. Chanyeol grabbed her upper body and hugged her closer into his embrace.

“I miss him. I miss him so much.” Sora cried in her brother embrace as Chanyeol rubbed her back soothing her.

“I know. I miss appa too. Even omma as well.”

 

End of Flashback.

 

Sora sighed. “You came and give me strength to continue breathing after I’d face many kind of obstacles.”

Sora caressed the stone with her father’s name carefully. “It’s scared me at the moment.” She thought out loud remembering when she and Jessica fell down inside the pool together.

“I still remember that incident clearly.” She gulped down her saliva hardly.

“When you died, I kept seeing you around me and chased after y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter