XOXO 19

Baby Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Luhan already left to work. He said he had a meeting to attend. He called D.O to picked Hyunmi before Sora go to work.

Luhan even don’t want to eat breakfast because if he late, their company gonna lost a big project.

Sora carried Hyunmi to the dining room but stopped at the front door where Luhan was wearing his shoes.

Luhan turned to the door but stopped. “I’m sorry.” He said without looking back. Sora keep quite. Hyunmi mumble in a baby word and make Luhan turned back at both of them. He walked closer to them and kissed Hyunmi forehead. Sora’s heart beating so fast when Luhan standing close to her.

He looked at Sora. “I didn’t mean to hurt you with my word. It just that…….” He can’t finish his words.

“It’s okay.” That’s all Sora could said before Luhan stared at her for a while before walked out.

Sora watched Luhan’s car disappear.

Sora ate her breakfast and feed Hyunmi her baby meal. She knew about D.O come to picked Hyunmi and brings her to his restaurant. She kinda felt bad for letting Luhan’s friends handling Hyunmi since they all had their own work.

Beside they probably had personal life to take care of. She looked at Hyunmi. Then there’s a door bell.

“Wait here honey.” Sora said before walked to the front door and opened it. There’s D.O but to her surprise there are also her brother, Chanyeol with Baekhyun.

“Wait, why…..”

“Take a day off today.” Chanyeol said.

“What? Why?” she asked bewildered. “You’re coming with us.” Baekhyun grinned. “Let me go get Hyunmi. Where is she?” “She’s in the dining room.” D.O walked in and picked her up. “Hello, little girl. Miss Kyungsoo ahjussi?”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol also walked in before Sora could interpret what happen.

Both of them sat on the couch at the living room and acted like it was their own house. Even D.O also does the same. He laid on the couch and sat Hyunmi on top of him.

“Go change your cloth sis. You’re not going to work today. You’re spending time with us.” Chanyeol said but more like a demand.

“And don’t forget to make a call say that you’re taking a day off today.” Baekhyun added before turning on the TV.

Dumbfounded, but she still do what they asked her to.

Now four of them with Hyunmi already at the front door.

“Wait. Where are we going actually?” she asked. Chanyeol smile. “Where else? We’re going to find you a dress for the party.”

Sora’s face shows that her mind blank hearing him, but Baekhyun already pushed her out.

 

---------

 

D.O pushed Hyunmi who sat comfortable in the baby stroller. Baekhyun bought her a deer plushy and Hyunmi never let it go even one second. Sora surprised how Baekhyun take it out from the back of the car. “Don’t look at me like that. Your brother bought this.” Baekhyun said and Sora turned to her brother.

Chanyeol gave her a blank expression. “What? Is it wrong to buy my own niece something? Besides, it will make it a lot easier to bring her anywhere.” Sora just keep quite. It is true anyway. But she didn’t even thought about it. Even Luhan too. Well, it’s not like they will bring their ‘daughter’ somewhere anyway. Just like Luhan said on the first place, he doesn’t want anyone to saw them together with Hyunmi.

“Now let’s go in.” Chanyeol cheered before hung his arm around Sora’s shoulder and lead her into the big mall with the others.

Spending almost one hour walking, they stepped inside a boutique that only for a dress. “Yah…do you need to buy a suit?” Chanyeol asked to Baekhyun. Baekhyun shakes his head. “No. I have a few of mine.”

“Wait, why do you need a suit anyway?” Sora asked. D.O smiled. “He’s going to company you to the party. We heard that the staffs need to come with partner. So since you don’t have any partner yet, Baekhyun will go with you.”

“How do you know I don’t have partner yet?” she asked but in a second, she don’t need an answer. She turned to her brother. Chanyeol only watched her. “What? Don’t tell me you already had a partner? Who’s that jerk who you will go with?” Sora shake her head slowly. “No one.”

“Then you don’t have to worry about anything. I’ll you, young lady.” Baekhyun flirt with her and linked her arm with his. Baekhyun was just joking, but got a slap from Chanyeol on his shoulder.

“Yah, don’t try anything stupid. Make sure she’s fine. I don’t want anything happen to her.” Chanyeol barked at him.

Baekhyun just smiled innocently. “Whatever you say,  eggyeol. I’m not going to let my future wife getting harm.” He’s joking again and he did it. Chanyeol frowned. “What did you just say?” D.O looked down. “Oh here it goes.”

Baekhyun already ran away and Chanyeol trying to catch him. Sora laughed. Even D.O also laughed while pushed Hyunmi closer to Sora.

“Sora-ya.” D.O called softly. They already dropped the formality because Chanyeol kept nagging about it. He said they sound like those politician who give a debate in the screen

Sora turned at him. “Yes?” D.O smiled softly. “I just want to tell you that, everything that your brother is doing is for your own good. He loves you. So whatever it is, you need to trust him, okay.” He said sincerely and Sora can’t help but smiled and nodded. “I trust him. And I always will.” She said back and D.O smiled wider at her.

“Uh guys. We need to find her a dress now. Those dresses are not going to fly to us just like that.” Baekhyun said and make a flying gesture with his hands. Chanyeol also appeared behind him. “What about a y one?” Baekhyun kept joking around and Chanyeol slapped his back hardly. Sora can’t help but she’s the one who said “Ouch!” D.O already shaking his head at the childish friends of his.

All her lifetime until now, Sora learnt something important. Chanyeol trust Baekhyun so much even though they both act like a dork. She nodded his head in content. *I trust my brother. Whatever he did is for my own good.*

 

After few hours...

 

“I let you guys spend time together. Well we’ll going to kidnap this little princess to shopping for a baby clothes.” Baekhyun said and pushed the baby stroller away with D.O followed him.

Sora smiled. “They are so playful.” Chanyeol frowned. “Yup. My friends are such a bunch of idiot sometimes. Come on. Let’s go have some drink.”

Chanyeol lead his sister to a café inside the mall. The wall was paint with chocolate color just like the table. Their chair is white and it’s comfortable to have a private talk. Customer will talk comfortably without worried about others.

Both of them ordered their drink and the young waiter walked away. “I hope they won’t spoil Hyunmi so much.”

Chanyeol stared at his sister deeply. “Sora-ya…I have something to discuss with you. I don’t know if you’re gonna think that this is not the good time but sooner or later we had to.”

Hearing that, Sora knows her brother wants talk about Luhan.

“It’s okay. You’re my brother so is there is anything; you have the right to step in.” she said with smile. She knew her brother hesitated to step into her life that closer. Maybe because their past but Sora won’t let any barrier step between them. Their mother is far away and only her brother is her place to lean.

“Do you have any plan what will you do once Luhan get married? You know right that you can stay with him forever. And whatever it is, Jessica won’t accept Hyunmi in their marriage life.” Chanyeol said with worried in his tone.

Sora nodded. “I know that. That’s why I already made up my mind that I will take her with me. Hyunmi will stay with me in my apartment.” But Chanyeol shakes his head slowly like he can’t accept her decision.

“Then what do you have in mind?” she asked. This is the right moment to have a serious talk and let everything get settled quickly. So when something happen, they knew what to do as their next step.

“I’ll take you with Hyunmi stay in my place. You’re my sister and Hyunmi now are my niece. So that is mean both of you are my responsibility once Luhan drop that title as someone who responsible on your daughter. But you have to know that for now, Luhan only responsible for Hyunmi. Not you. You have your own life. And it’s obvious he had his own life. But in your situation, you are completely under my responsibility. You understand me?” he asked with serious tone. He care and love his sister so he will do anything just for her own good.

Sora nodded. “Yeah. I’m okay with that too. But what about my apartment? I can’t just let it empty like that.”

“We’ll figure that out soon.” He said shortly since the waiter came with their orders. Sora immediately takes her cheese cake.

“And there is something I need you to do at the party.” Sora raised her eyebrow let him continue but before he continue, Sora cut the cake and feed her brother. Chanyeol ate it and continue.

“I want you to act like you don’t know that Baekhyun and Luhan hyung are friends. And don’t ever mention that I’m your brother. Just act like you and Baekhyun had something with each other. And I’m going to be there as well, and whatever we do, just follow our lead.” Chanyeol said his plan.

Sora looked at him. She thinks about it for a few second and nodded anyway. “Good. Luhan of course will be there with Jessica. So it’s not a big deal to let him see you with a guy, right?”

Sora smiled and looked down at her half eaten cake. “I know what are you planning of. You want me to act like I’m with Baekhyun oppa at the party and the most important is, you don’t want it to affect me that much seeing him with her, right? That’s why you asked Baekhyun oppa to company me?” she asked softly and glad with her brother’s plan.

Chanyeol silent, waiting for her reaction but she ended up smiling at him. “Thanks oppa. I really appreciated it. I know you do all this for my own good.” She took her brother’s hand and held it. Chanyeol smiled and laid his palm on top of her hand that was holding his. “You’re my sister and I love you. I want you to remember that.” He said softly and both of them smiled.

Suddenly Baekhyun and D.O rushed toward them with Hyunmi. “Uhm guys, sorry for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter