Chapter 2

Bittersweet Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My eyes opened and i was in my own bed, with a blanket wrapped around me tightly. I lifted my body up and sat up in the bed. I turned the light on. I put my hand on where i was bitten. I could still feel the bitemarks, but it didn't hurt as much anymore. I took the blanket off me and walked over to the mirror, tilting my head to the right side. I moved my hair onto the other side of my shoulder to get a better look at the bite mark.

 

"Unbelievable..." The bite mark was already healing, but that's impossible... right? I looked at the watch on my nightstand. 2AM. It had only been about 4 hours since i got bitten, but the wound was already healing. That's not normal... is it?

 

And what happened to the guy who carried me here? Who was he? How did he know where i lived? Why was he there at that moment? And what happened to the animal that bit me? I looked down at my clothes. 

 

I realized i was wearing my pajamas. Did... that guy put them on me? The thought of it made me shiver and it creeped me out. I had so many questions right now, but there was no one to answer them. I sighed and turned off the light and went back to sleep.

 

I was running in the woods, passing tree after tree and for the first time in the past 11 years... i felt happy and free. But i was not alone. There was someone else running next to me, only it wasn't a human. It was some sort of a dog, with silky white fur and it had black eyes.

 

The animal looked at me as we were running. But i didn't feel scared, instead, i felt... 

 

loved.

 

My eyes shot open. I looked around and put a hand over my chest as i sighed in relief. That dream felt so real, i really thought for a second there that i was in the woods. The dog-like animal in my dream reminded me of the one i was being attacked from last night, only this one wasn't black or had yellow eyes. This one was white and had black  eyes. 

 

If that was a dream... does that mean the attack was also a dream? I checked my neck, but no, it was still there. I looked at the watch. It was 7PM. I got out of the bed and bent down to one of the boxes and picked out a few clothes. I walked inside the bathroom and came out 20 minutes later wearing this. 

 

I wrapped a scarf around my neck so the bite wouldn't be visible. I walked to my school and just as i entered the building, i noticed six guys standing by the lockers. As soon as i came in, they stopped talking and all of them moved their head towards my direction. I turned around to see if there were someone behind me that they were looking at, but no, there wasn't anyone behind me.

 

The guy from the classroom that was staring at me yesterday was with them too. I stopped walking and looked at them. I didn't have any friends so far, maybe i should try to be friends with them? Even though they seemed a bit different from everyone else, but who am i to judge anyone?

 

I know what it's like to be different. I smiled at them. "Hello".

The guy that looked at me yesterday walked away. Obviously he didn't like me. A few of the other guys followed him and i looked down at the floor. "Hello" One of the guys said. He smiled at me and seemed a whole lot more friendly then the other guy. "Your name is Mi Hyun, isn't it?" I nodded. It was a little bit uncomfortable, i mean, i can't remember the last time a kid my age talked to me, if you don't count when they called me things like freak, weirdo and stuff like that, so this was different. "I'm Sehun".

"And i'm Suho" The guy next to him said. "Welcome to Korea. You're from Japan, right?"

Again i nodded. "Yeah".

"Your korean is pretty good" Suho smiled at me.

"Yeah, my parents taught me korean before they..." I bit my lip from saying anything else. "Anyway, those four other guys that just left, are they your friends?"

"Yup!" Sehun said and smiled. "Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai and D.O. You should sit with us in lunch instead of sitting out on the football field".

"Huh? You...saw me sitting there?"

Sehun nodded. "Yeah, i wanted to go and sit next to you, but i wasn't sure if you wanted someone to join you. You kind of look like someone who wants to be alone".

"Yeah... i get that alot..."

"But from now on, let's be friends!" Sehun took his hand out, waiting for me to shake it.

Suho rolled his eyes. "Mi Hyun, don't be afraid to turn this guy down. He can be a little hyper sometimes and he usually doesn't bother asking when he wants something. So feel free to turn him down" Suho smiled at me. "Well, i have class" He walked over to me and patted my head. "Bye bye, Mi Hyun" He smirked at me and walked away.

"Sorry..." Sehun mumbled as he looked down. "Mi Hyun, do you wanna be friends?" He bit his bottom lip as he fiddled with his hands.

"Hmm..." I put my hand on my chin, pretending to think about it, but broke i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter