Chapter 10

Bittersweet Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I screamed and looked at Sehun with wide eyes. "Does this mean..."

He nodded. "Uh-huh..." He looked around and grabbed my hand. "Let's go to EXO-M. Right now!"

"What? But what about scho-"

"Mi Hyun, now!" He shouted.

"A-alright".

 

Startled, i transferred us to EXO-M. Sehun howled, before grabbing my hand. He ran inside EXO-M's house and everyone looked up at us with wide eyes.

 

"IF YOU'RE KIDDING, SEHUN, I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" Tao shouted.

"I'm not! Look!" He pushed me in front of him and everyone had their eyes on my neck. I glanced at everyone. Everyone was here, except for Kris. I wonder where he is? I immediately looked up at the ceiling. Maybe he's in his room? I jumped when i felt someone touch my neck. I looked down and Luhan was the one touching my neck.

"Hmm... interesting" He mumbled.

"What is?"

He looked at me and smirked. "Nothing, nothing at all" He playfully skipped back to the couch with a playful smile on his face.

"About time" Lay mumbled.

"What's about time?" I asked confused.

Lay shook his head. "Nothing".

"Mi Hyun, why don't you go see Kris? He's upstairs in his room" Xiumin smiled at me.

"Poor guy, he's not feeling so well" Chen said.

"Why? What's wrong with him?"

"He has been complaining about his neck hurting" Chen smirked at me and winked to the other guys. "Seeing you would probably make it better".

 

I nodded and transferred myself to Kris' door. I hope he's okay. I raised my hand to knock on the door, but my hand stopped in the middle when the door opened, revealing Kris. Chen was right, Kris didn't look good at all. He was very pale, he had dark circles under his eyes and his eyes were red. He looked fine this morning though. He suddenly launched himself over me and hugged me tightly. I carefully dragged him towards his bed and lied him down. I closed the door to his room and sat on the end of the bed, looking at Kris who was looking at me.

 

"Chen... mentioned you're not feeling so well".

He nodded. "My neck is killing me" Even though he looked really sick, he still smirked at me. "Mind massaging me?"

"Uh... sure, but i'm not th-" I didn't get to say anything else, he had already managed to get up from the bed, sitting in front of me with his back turned towards me. I sighed and placed my hands on his shoulders, not moving them. "I've never done this before, i might hurt you even more".

"I seriously doubt that" He chuckled. I took a deep breath and started rubbing his shoulders. I glanced down at his face to see if he was in pain. His eyes were closed and he had put his head down.

"Does it hurt?" I asked nervously.

He shook his head. "No... it's good. Keep going".

 

I smiled and continued to rub his shoulders. 20 minutes passed when i suddenly heard a loud snore. I stopped massaging Kris and lowered my head and saw that he was asleep. I giggled quietly and carefully put him down on the bed. I pulled a blanket over at him and smiled, watching him sleep. My eyes moved down to his neck and i looked at his symbol. My mouth fell down. I reached my hand over to his neck and took a deep breath before pulling the hem of his shirt down. Another small symbol was showing there. A symbol just like mine. 

 

EXO-M P.O.V

 

"I seriously can't believe this!" Tao said as he shook his head in disbelief. 

"I'm happy for him" Xiumin smiled.

"But what about Suho? He had his hopes up too..." Sehun looked down. "How's he gonna react when he finds this out?"

"It's the rules, there's nothing he or anyone else can do about it" Lay replied.

"I think they make a cute couple. Maybe she's the one who can put up with his roller coaster attitude?" Luhan chuckled to himself.

"I wonder what they're doing" Chen said as he stared up at the ceiling.

 

Mi Hyun P.O.V

 

I screamed, making Kris' eyes open. He quickly sat up. "What?!" 

I pointed to his neck with a hand covering my mouth. "You... you.. you..."

He raised a brow at me. "I what?" He spat out.

"Your symbol..."

He looked confused. "What about it? Everyone has one, you too".

"No, not that... the second symbol..."

"Second?!" He rushed over to his mirror hanging on the wall. He turned his neck and his mouth fell down. "What the hell..." 

I walked up next to him and looked up in his eyes. "There are only two options right now" He looked down at me and noticed my second symbol as well. "Either i'm you're mate..." I said as i pointed to him. "Or... Kai is".

He crossed his arms and raised a brow at me. "Kai? You think Kai is my mate?!"

I shrugged. "I'm just saying the options".

He turned back to the mirror and looked at the symbol again. "Yeah, well, i can tell you this much, Kai is not an option!" He looked down at me. "It's you" He put his hand over my symbols and smiled warmly at me. "You're my mate..."

 

Hearing him say it like that made my head go crazy and the butterflies in my stomach got worse. In half a second i found myself lying on his bed with him on top of me. He kissed my cheek and smiled.

 

"Do you have any idea of how long i've been waiting for this?" He whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. My eyes met his and i felt my heart skip a beat. "Finally... i'm not alone anymore. I can actually like someone without wondering if i might have to seperate with her. I can love someone without having to worry about someone else taking her away from me. I can finally be myself" He said as he pressed his lips against my neck. He smirked and suddenly i felt him bite in my neck. 

"Ow..." I mumbled as i rubbed my neck where he had just bitten me.

"Sorry, just got a little carried away" He chuckled. He smiled and gazed down in my eyes. "I'm just so happy right now. I haven't been this happy in years".

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "To tell you the truth... this is the first time i've been happy".

He tilted his head to the side. "The first time?" He rolled off me and lied down next to me, wrapping his arms around me. "What do you mean? Were you sad before?"

"I haven't told anyone this, because i wanted to live as a normal girl. But..." I looked up at Kris as i bit my bottom lip. "Can i trust you?"

He smiled. "Babe, you're mine now. You can trust me with anything" He kissed my temple.

I nodded. "When i was 7 years old my parents and my twin brother died in a car accident. I was immediately placed in an orphanage, but everything was changed. All the friends i had at school started avoiding me. Everyone would whisper about me when i passed by and no one would talk to me. Eventually i changed school, but it didn't take long before everyone found out and the same thing happened there. I changed school more than 10 times, but nothing ever changed. That's why i decided to move to Korea and start fresh over here with no one knowing my past. Honestly, i'm surprised no one hasn't figured it out yet, but i'm glad. It allows me to just be a normal girl. Well, normal wolf" I giggled, but Kris' face was full of seriousness.

He my hair. "Baby girl, things are going to be very different from now on. I can't promise you a pain free life, but what i can promise you is that i'll always be there whenever you need me".

I giggled. "You're acting weird. Babe, baby girl. You seem more sentimental now. You weren't like this before".

"That's because then i couldn't show you my true feelings. Now i can" He smiled. "And i will" He nuzzled into my neck. "Mi Hyun?" He whispered.

"Mhm?"

"Wanna move in here with me and the guys?" He lifted his head, smiling at me.

"What? But... why?"

"As you already know, it's extremely dangerous for me to visit you. Don't get me wrong, i would break every single wolf rule there is for you, but it would be a little easier if i could see you every single day without having to break those rules. They might attack EXO and i don't want that".

I nodded. "I understand that. But living with you? So soon?" I looked down. "Let's just wait a little bit, oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter