Chapter 4

Bittersweet Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I shut the book, but he placed his hand on the book and turned it around, reading the title. He looked up at me with furrowed brows. "Wolves, huh? You like wolves?"

"I might" I said as i took the book away from him. "What about you, do you like wolves?"

He shrugged. "Not really" He said as he sat down on the chair infront of me. I caught him looking up at my neck again. I looked down at the book and opened it. I flipped through the pages until i came to the page about symbols. I turned the book around and showed it to him while pointing at a symbol.

"Do you know anything about this?"

He glanced at the book, then up at me as he crossed his arms, leaning back on the seat. He opened his mouth to answer, but before he could say anything another person appeared next to us. I looked up and it was none other than Kai. He glanced at the book, then me and then at Suho. "Wu Yi Fan wants to see us".

I looked at Suho and blinked. He nodded and stood up. "I gotta go". 

 

Suho walked away. Kai glanced at me for a second before following Suho. I watched as both of them were walking away. Who was Wu Yi Fan? And why did Kai have to appear at that exact moment? Suho was just about to tell me something.

 

Suho's P.O.V

 

"Hey, Kai?" I asked as me and Kai were walking out of the school building.

"Hmm?" Kai mumbled as we were walking towards the car.

"You don't have any family members, do you? They all died, didn't they?"

Kai stopped in his tracks and turned around. He shot me a glare. "Yes, they're dead. Why do you ask?"

I shook my head. "It's nothing" If Kai's family is dead, then there's just only one explanation left. He bit Mi Hyun, but why?

"Yah!" We both looked up as we heard someone shouting. "Kris doesn't like to wait, hurry up!" D.O shouted from inside the car. 

"Coming!" I shouted and both of us got into the car. 

 

Mi Hyun P.O.V

 

I was sitting on my bed, thinking about what was going on with me. There are no such things as human who turns into wolves, right? No, there has to be a logical explanation for all of this. But what about the symbol on my neck? And Suho knows something about it.

 

I tried looking for him, but after our meeting in the library, he disappeared for the rest of the day. And not only him, everyone in EXO-K disappeared too. Maybe they were with that Wu Yi Fan guy, whoever that is. I had to find out tomorrow for sure. I had to ask Suho straight away, no matter what.

 

I lied down on the bed, closing my eyes and soon drifting off to sleep.

 

I was in the forest again, running on all four legs, once again in my animal form. Someone was running behind me, but it was a different kind of wolf this time and i quickly understood that i was running away from the wolf.

 

The wolf managed to bite me in the leg, making me slow down my speed for then jumping on me. I landed on my back. I was now caught between the wolf annd the ground and there was no way to escape. This wolf wasn't white, like the other one in my dreams. This one was... black.

 

"I'm going to kill you. He's going to pay for what he did to me".

I shivered, terrified of what the wolf just said. "W-what? W-who's going to p-pay?"

The wolf smirked. "Wu Yi Fan". I swallowed hard, just as the wolf raised its paw with its claws out. I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to come.

 

Suddenly my body became lighter, like the wolf wasn't on top of me anymore. I opened my eyes and saw the white wolf over the black wolf with his paw pressing against the black wolf's neck.

 

"You touch her again and i'll kill you for real!" The white wolf snarled at the other wolf. The black wolf pushed him off and stood up.

"Until next time, Wu Yi Fan" The black wolf said before disappearing into the dark forest. The white wolf, or Wu Yi Fan as it turns out his name was, turned around and his eyes were full of worry. He walked over to me and helped me get back up on my feet.

"You okay, Mi Hyun?" He mumbled as he nuzzled into my neck. 

 

My eyes opened up at that moment, interrupting my dream. "Another dream about him..." I mumbled as i sat up in bed. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration and pulled the cover off me. I was about to jump out of the bed when i noticed someone standing in the corner of my room.

 

It was a tall guy, that was all i could notice since it was pitch dark in my room. The only light came from the moon outside of my window that shined down on him, but it was impossible to see his face. I reached for the light and turned it on and looked back to where the guy was standing, but he was gone. 

 

I felt a wind in my hair and looked at the open window. "Did i leave it open?" I rushed out of bed and over to the window, looking down. But there was no one there, no wonder. It was in the middle of the night, everyone was probably sleeping at this time of the night.

 

I was about to close the window when i saw something moving down on the streets. I peeked my head further out of the window, trying to get a better look at it. It was something walking on four legs. It stopped and turned around to look at me. "A...a... w-wolf" I mumbled.

 

And at that moment, i could swear the wolf smiled at me. The wolf howled before disappearing. Alot of lights in the other apartments lit up and people poked their heads out of the window, yelling something about wolves interrupting their night sleep.

 

But that didn't bother me, what bothered me was that i didn't hear any howl. I heard the wolf... speak.

 

"Sleep well, Mi Hyun. Let's meet again soon... officially".

 

That was what i heard. But how could this be possible? Since when did i understand wolf language? I closed the window and lied down in the bed. And what did the wolf mean when he said howled "let's meet again?"

 

Is he the wolf from my dreams? Is he... Wu Yi Fan? 

 

I ran inside the school building the next day, desperately searching for Suho. I finally found him, standing by his locker alone, taking his books out. I rushed up to him and shoved him into the locker, hard. He dropped his books on the floor. I had no idea where that strength came from, i was just so angry and frustrated right now.

 

"Listen, Suho! I've had enough of this bull, with you ignoring me and not answering my questions! I want answers right now and you're going to give them to me!" 

He blinked, obviously startled. He looked around at all the people staring at us. He looked down at me. "Let's discuss this outside?" He whispered. I looked around and then i noticed everyone was staring at us. I let go off his shirt.

"Fine" I mumbled as we walked outside, far away from everyone else. Once i had made sure no one was around to hear us talking, i looked at him. "Who's Wu Yi Fan?" That was the first question i wanted an answer for right now.

He looked up at me. "Why do you want to know that?" He said as he crossed his arms.

"I'm the one who asks the questions here!"

"Such a bad temper" He said and mumbled something else that i couldn't quite hear.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Can you ask me the questions already? I have classes to attend to".

I took a deep breath, calming myself down. "What... do you know about this?" I removed the scarf around my neck and moved my hair out of the way as i turned my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter