Chapter 5

Bittersweet Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We had been driving for about 20 minutes now and i was getting impatient. "Where are we going?"

"EXO-M" Sehun who sat next to me smiled. 

"Are they like you? Or like us?"

"Both yes and no" Baekhyun replied. "They are wolves too, but they're different from us".

"Different how?"

"Well... all of them lost their parents when they were still babies, so they live outside of the town. They found each other in China and then moved here. They don't go to school or anything" Chanyeol said.

"How did you meet them?"

"We met them while hunting a long time ago" D.O replied.

"We're here" Suho said and stopped the car.

Me and EXO-K stepped out of the car and i looked up at the house. It looked more like a cabin. "They live in the woods?"

"They don't like company that often from strangers" D.O smirked at me.

"Then... should i leave?" I looked up at Suho, worried.

Suho smiled at me. "Don't worry, they'll like you".

"How many are they?"

"Six" Sehun replied right before he howled, announcing to EXO-M that they were here. 5 boys came running out of the house They tackled EXO-K and soon enough they were all rolling on the ground, playing like little kids, including Kai. Only Suho was standing next to me, shaking his head.

"They're a bit childish" He whispered to me. "Yah! Guys! Straighten up and introduce yourself!"

"Huh?" A boy who looked like he was 12 stopped playing and looked up at Suho, then his eyes moved towards me. "Who's this?" He walked up to us and smiled. "I'm Luhan!"

"Luhan, this is Mi Hyun. She's one of us".

"No way!" Another blonde guy walked up to us. "You're a wolf?"

"Yup and a damn strong one" Suho chuckled. "Which is why i came here. Heal me, will you?" He reached his arm out and the blonde guy rolled his eyes. He put his hand on Suho's bruise and a few seconds later, he removed his hand and the bruise was gone.

I gasped. "Sugoi!" (Sugoi means Amazing in japanese).

The blonde guy looked at me confused. "What?"

"It means amazing" Kai said. I looked at him confused.

"How did you know that?" Kai shrugged. 

"Everyone, this is Mi Hyun. Mi Hyun, that's Lay and those three other guys are Chen, Tao and Xiumin".

"Nice to meet you" I smiled and looked at Suho. "I thought you said they were six?"

"Oh, Kris isn't here yet" Luhan smiled at me. "He'll be back soon. So tell me all about you, where are you from, how did you become a wolf, i want to know everything about you!"

 

We went inside their house and i was sitting in the middle while all of them sat around me, except for Suho and Kai while i told them how it happened. I showed them my symbol, that i could read minds and that i could teleport myself. They showed me their powers as well and their symbols.

 

"Can i see you in your wolf form?" Tao asked me.

"Eh... i don't really know how to do that yet..." I looked down.

"Let her rest for a while" Suho said. "One step at a time" He smiled and patted my head. He looked at Kai. "Let's talk".

 

Kai nodded and the two of them walked out of the house.

 

"I wanna see her strength" D.O smirked at me. "Let's fight".

"Oooh! This is gonna be fun!" Luhan said, smiling. "D.O is the strongest one out of all of us" He looked at me.

I looked at D.O with wide eyes. "Eh... t-that's okay. I'll just... go home" I turned around and walked out the door.

 

Fighting with D.O? Are they kidding me?! How the hell am i supposed to do that?!

 

"Ow!" I rubbed my head and looked up to see what i had walked into. A tall guy with dark blonde hair glared down at me.

"Kris!" Luhan ran towards us and smiled at him. "This is Mi Hyun, she's a wolf, just like us. But she's still a rookie, sort of". He nodded and walked past us and upstairs.

I looked at Luhan. "Did i do something wrong?"

"Nah, that's just how Kris is" Chen smiled at me. "Once he warms up to you, he'll be much more nicer, don't worry".

"Hey, where did Suho and Kai go? They've been gone a long time now" Baekhyun asked as he looked at the others.

"You don't think... they're in trouble, do you?" Sehun asked nervously.

"What if they're hunting without us?" D.O asked. "Let's go look for them! If i find out they're hunting without us, i'll kill them!" He said as he ran out the door along with the others. Only me and Lay stayed behind.

"Do you wanna come, Mi Hyun? You should learn to hunt soon too" Lay smiled at me.

"Eh..."

"I don't think so" We both looked up at the stairs and Kris were standing there, leaning on the stair case. "She's a rookie, it's too early for her to do that. Let her get used to the thought of being a wolf first".

Lay nodded. "What about you, Kris? You coming?"

"I'll pass this time".

Lay nodded and looked at me. "We'll be back soon" He smiled and ran out after the others. 

I stood awkwardly in the middle of the room while Kris walked down the stairs. He sat down in the chair, resting his head in his hand as he looked at me. "Eh... you're a wolf too, right?" I asked him.

He nodded. "You can sit, i don't bite... hard" He winked at me while i sat down in the couch, sitting far on the edge, far away from him. Somehow i didn't trust this guy. To be honest, i was terrified of him. "So..." He leaned forward and smiled at me. Who would have thought a guy that looked this scary could actually look so sweet? "How's it like being a wolf?"

I shrugged. "I haven't really gotten used to it yet".

He nodded. "It takes a while, but soon enough you will be out hunting with the others".

"Can you tell me something about wolves? I don't know that much yet..."

He nodded. "There are others of our kind, some good and some evil. Everyone has their own powers and they are always in a pack, like me and the other guys. We're a pack. You belong in the pack to whoever bit you".

"How can i find out who bit me?"

"Look for someone with the same symbol as you. You will feel it when you find the one who bit you, you two have a connection together that is unbreakable, unless one of you dies".

"Do you... know who it is?"

He turned his head towards me and smirked. "Nope".

 

I closed my eyes and focused on his thoughts, but somehow... i couldn't read them. It was impossible, it was like his head was... empty, or blocked. I opened my eyes and he was still smirking at me. He walked over to the couch i was sitting on and pressed himself down next to me, leaving me no where to escape. I was trapped between him and the couch. I slowly looked up at him.

 

He leaned down to my ear with a playful smile as he whispered "Trying to read my thoughts is a no-no" He pulled away from my face and chuckled.

"How... did you know?"

"I know your powers. What kind of an Alpha would i be if i didn't know what every symbol meant?"

"How do you know what kind of symbol i have?"

"That's a secret" He smirked at me. 

I sighed, but then i looked up at him confused. "What's an Alpha?"

"You don't know much about wolves, do you?" He chuckled. "An Alpha is like the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter