Chapter 7

Bittersweet Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"W-what?" Was he serious?! I counted all the rooms here, there were only six rooms, which meant... i would have to share a room with one of them. 

"You'll be more safe here rather than walking alone in the woods at this hour. Especially when the Timber wolves are after you".

"Why... are they after me? Does it have something to do with you? The black wolf in my dream told me... they would get revenge because of what you did to them?"

"It's a long story, Mi Hyun. I eh..." He scratched the back of his head and sighed. "If you promise to stay, i'll tell you, okay?"

 

And that's how i ended up in Kris' bed, with a blanket wrapped around me, looking at Kris. I was waiting for him to begin to tell the story. He grabbed his chair and turned it around, sitting down with each legs on the side as he rested his hands on the chair. 

 

"It happened 5 years ago. Me and EXO-M were out hunting and... things got a little bit out of control. You see, there is a territory where we're not allowed to go to. We can't go anywhere near humans, which is why we live here, far away from them. EXO-K can, because they were raised by humans until they was fully turned into a wolf, which happens at the age of 7. That's when you're fully evolved and can take care of yourself. But me and everyone else in EXO-M has been raised like wolves from the beginning. But that's a whole different story. 5 years ago Chen was chasing a deer that ran into the human's territory. He knew very well that he wasn't allowed to go there, but he did anyway. One of the Timber wolves found out and attacked him the next day right outside our house. When i saw her hurting Chen..." Kris looked down at the floor. "I ran towards them and i... i killed her" He bit his bottom lip and looked up at me, to see my reaction.

"So... what happened after that?" I asked, a little scared now.

"It turns out the Timber wolf i killed was the Alpha's mate's sister and she promised she would come back for revenge. But i had no choice, rather her than Chen. But that's when the war between us started and we've been really careful not to step into the human territory. But recently... i've been breaking that rule a few times" He looked back down again. "The first time i broke it after that incident, was two weeks ago. The second time was when..." He looked around awkwardly. "Was when you... noticed someone in your room. That was me and the third time was when i appeared in front of your school. I guess the Timber wolves sensed my scents and seeing i was always around you, they probably went after you because of that".

"You... were in my room?"

He sighed, but nodded. "Please... don't think badly of me because of this. I had to kill her, i would have lost Chen if i didn't. Don't think that i'm a stalker either, i just... had to go in there to find out more about you. Ever since you started appearing in my dreams, i had to figure out why. I'm still trying to figure it out".

"So the first time we met... was that night?"

"Well, technically, the first time we met was when you came here with EXO-K. But no, that wasn't the first time i saw you" He looked up at me. 

"Wait... it wasn't the first time? But... where?" My eyes went wide. "Two weeks ago... you were in places where humas lives... It's been exactly two weeks since i got bitten... K-kris... were you... the one who bit me?"

He shook his head. "No".

"But... you were out there that night, weren't you?"

"Look, if you don't believe me, i'll show you that it wasn't me" He stood up and pulled down the zipper on his jacket and let it slit off his shoulders and down onto the floor. He turned his head towards me. I got up and stepped closer to him, looking at his neck. A symbol formed as a dragon was on his neck.

 

I lifted my finger up to his neck and trailed my finger along the lines of the symbol. His eyes grew a little as i did that. "You can... control fire and jump really high?"

He nodded. "I also have a few other powers other wolves rarely knows about. I'm fast, really fast. You can read thoughts, but i can block it. I can block my thoughts or other people's thoughts, so wolves like you won't be able to read them" He removed my hand from his neck and looked down at me, still holding my hand. "I'll answer all your questions one day... but for now, let's just focus on sleeping and we'll talk to Suho and Kai tomorrow, okay?" He smiled at me and i nodded.

"Fine, but can i just ask one more question?" He sighed, but nodded as he crossed his arms. "Do you know who bit me?"

He looked away, hesitating if he should tell me or not. "I don't think i'm allowed to tell you the answer to that question" He mumbled.

"Just say yes or no. Please, Kris?" I folded my hands together and looked at him with big eyes as i pouted. 

He tried his best to look away, but i knew i had him when he couldn't stop looking. He threw his hands in the air in defeat and groaned. "Alright, i'll tell you! But this is the last question for tonight, got it?" I nodded. He inhaled and looked up at me. "...Yes. There, question answered, time to go bed" He said fast as he twirled me around and started pushing me towards his bed.

"Wait!" He stopped pushing me and i turned around. "What am i going to sleep in?"

"Oh... eh... wait here" He released his hands from my shoulders and walked over to his closet. He opened it and looked around, trying to find something. He pulled something out and looked at me. He cleared his throat and handed me the clothes. "W-will... these work?" He looked away as i looked at the huge, grey shirt in my hand and in my other hand was his... boxer.

"Eh... i g-guess..." I mumbled as i looked down. "Where's the bathroom?"

"Right across from my room, i'll show you" He grabbed my hand and walked out of the room. He stopped in front of a door and leaned against the wall, not looking at me. "I'll wait here, just in case the others wants to use the bathroom".

 

I nodded and walked inside. 10 minutes later i came out, wearing the clothes Kris gave me. I had my hair tied up in a pony tail and saw Kris still standing in the same spot with his eyes closed. I moved my finger close to his face and poked his cheek.

 

His eyes flushed open and he pushed himself off the wall with his leg. "Oh, you're do-" His eyes trailed down my body and he quickly covered his cheeks, looking down. "L-let's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter