Chapter 8

Bittersweet Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Me, Kris, Suho and Kai were now sitting around EXO-M's table. The rest of EXO-M was out hunting or something. I was sitting on the edge of the table, looking at the three guys. Kris were sitting there with his arms crossed over his chest, looking over at Kai who was sitting on the opposite side of him.

 

Kai were looking down ay the table and Suho, who was sitting next to him was looking at him, waiting for him to begin talking. But he remainded silent. Suho pushed his elbow into Kai's side, making him look up at him. Suho moved his eyes towards me and Kai sighed and turned to look at me.

 

"The night you got bitten..." He looked at my neck, then met my eyes. "It was me" He bit his bottom lip as he put his hands on the table, rubbing them together.

"You... bit me?" He nodded. "Why?"

"I..." He looked at Suho who nodded and turned back to me. "Eh... i... just... felt like it" He mumbled as he looked down.

Suho sighed and stood up. "Kai. Outside. Now" He said in a angry tone. I looked at Kai and tried to read his mind, but i couldn't. Once Kai and Suho had left the room, i glared at Kris.

"You blocked his mind again, didn't you?" 

He smirked and leaned closer to me. "You shouldn't try reading people's thoughts. It's wrong".

I sighed, but looked up at him. "So Kai bit me, huh?" I looked down, then up at him again. "You said... that when wolves find their... mate they have no choice but to be with them, right?"

He nodded. "Yeah, what about it"?

"Well, what if this one girl wolf gets two mates? Is that possible?"

He shook his head. "That's not possible. You only mate once".

"But... what if the mate dies? What happens then?"

"So many questions" He mumbled. "Then... i'm not really sure, it's never happened to me yet".

"So you don't have a mate?" I blurted out and i stared at him with a shocked face. How come he doesn't have a mate?! He's gorgeous! What kind of a girl, i mean, wolf, wouldn't be into him?

He chuckled and shook his head. "I haven't found her yet".

"Do you think you will?"

"Probably. Every Alpha needs someone who can support him and help him through difficult times, right?"

I shrugged. "I wouldn't know, i don't know much about wolves".

"Don't worry about that part, i'll teach you everything you need to know".

"You said i would probably become the Alpha's mate, right?" He nodded again, looking at me suspiciously. "And Kai's the one who bit me, which means i'm in EXO-K's pack... and... Suho... is the Alpha..." I looked down at the table. "Does that mean... i'm supposed to be his mate?"

"I don't know, Mi Hyun. It's a high possibility. You'll find out soon enough anyway".

I looked up at him. "How? How do you know when you've found your mate?"

"You each get a mark on the side of your own symbol. If you were to be my mate" He winked before continuing. "I would get your symbol next to my own and you would get mine".

 

Just then Suho walked back inside, alone.

 

"Where's Kai?" I asked as he sat down, following him with my eyes. 

"He wen't home..."

"But... i wanted to talk to him more, asking him why he did what he did... I mean, out of all people, why me?"

Kris raised a brow at me. "I thought you said you were happy you got bitten?"

"I am, but still..." I looked down. "All i wanted when i got here was to live a better and normal life. And what happens? I get bitten by a wolf, i have Timber wolves who are out after me and Kyung-Soon-"

"Kyung-Soon's after you again?" Suho sighed. "That girl just doesn't know when to give up on me".

I blinked a few times. "Give up on you?"

"Yeah, she's like in love with me or something".

"But... you don't love her?"

"She's not a wolf and she's definitely not my mate. She's been clinging onto me for two years now, but i don't give a sh-" Kris coughed and Suho looked up at him, then me. "Anyway, i just don't like her. I'll talk to her tomorrow at school and tell her to leave you alone" Suho smiled at me and i smiled back.

 

Suho was a nice guy. If he ended up being my mate... i don't think i would mind.

 

The next day at school everything was going as normal. I was heading towards the cafeteria, on my way to EXO-K's table, but they were yelling or something. 

 

"What's going on?"

Sehun turned towards me, then smirked. He ran up to me while the other members kept shouting, except D.O who wasn't there. "Mi Hyun! Run!" Baekhyun shouted, but it was too late. Sehun grabbed me by the shoulders and bent down so he would match my height.

"Mi Hyun... can you do me a favor?" He smiled sweetly.

"Uh... sure, i guess?"

"NO!" The four members shouted. They were all waving their hands in the air, trying to tell me to say no.

"Great!" Sehun smiled. "Kiss me".

"WHAT?!" I shouted.

"You see, me and D.O has this little contest. We have to get 15 girls to kiss us by the end of the day and the one who reaches that number first, wins".

"I s-see and so far how many girls have kissed you?"

"14" He smiled proudly. "I only need one more and that's where i need your help".

"Uh... o-okay, i guess".

"NO!" I heard another voice behind me. I turned around and D.O was running towards me, with his hand reaching out. "Kiss me instead!"

"Too late, she already agreed" Sehun stuck his tounge out at D.O before giving me a quick kiss. He jumped up in the air and smiled widely. "I won!"

"Great" Kai said as he stood next to Sehun. "And now... you're going to die".

 

Sehun screamed and ran out of the cafeteria, followed by Kai.

 

"Aww, my poor, poor Mi Hyun" D.O wrapped his arms around me, trying to comfort me. "Being kissed by that little son of a-" Suho coughed.

"D.O" He said as he glared at him. It reminded me of Kris, who did the exact same thing to Suho yesterday. I giggled as that memory flashed in my mind. 

D.O put both of his palms on my cheeks, staring at me. "That wasn't your first kiss, right?"

"Eh... w-well, kind of..." I mumbled as i looked down.

D.O dropped his hands and curled them into a fist. "Damn, that kid" He muttered as he stormed out of the cafeteria.

 

He would never admit it in front of s, but he had a sweet spot for Mi Hyun. But he's not the Alpha, that's Suho, so nothing could ever happen between him and Mi Hyun anyway...

 

"Our poor rookie loses her first kiss over a stupid contest between two stupid boys" Chanyeol said to me, giving me a sad smile. I sat down and looked at him and Suho. 

"You okay?" Suho asked.

"Yeah, i guess so. So what are we doing today after school?"

Suho shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he avoided my eyes. "Well... what do you know about wolves and mates, Mi Hyun?" Baekhyun asked me.

"I know a little, Kris has told me a few things about it".

"Well, as you know, Suho is our Alpha and he still hasn't found a mate, so... it could be you. You could be his mate, Mi Hyun. We've been talking about it ever since we found out you were a wolf and we're thinking this was all planned. That it was fate all along you moving here and stealing this old guy's heart" Baekhyun smirked at Suho who glared at him.

"I'm not that old!" He shouted.

"Whatever you say, but it's time for you to settle down" Chanyeol smirked as well and they continued to tease their Alpha together.

 

And that's how me and Suho ended up walking on the beach together. EXO-K had made this list of places we would have to go to and they were all somewhere where couple's would usually go, so doing this with Suho was a little... awkward.

 

"Sorry about this" Suho mumbled as he rubbed his arm. 

"It's okay" I smiled at him. "Besides, if it turns out i'm your mate, then i don't really have any choice, right?"

He stopped walking and i stopped as well. He was looking at me. "Listen to me, Mi Hyun. If it turns out you're my mate, i don't want you to feel like you have to force yourself to be with me or even like me. You have a choice, whether you're my mate or not. I don't wanna ruin your life".

"But... Kris told me that even if you're in love with someone else, your heart and your soul truly belongs with the Alpha?" I giggled. "Besides, what kind of a guy would date a wolf girl?"

"I would" Suho said.

"I'm talking about normal non-wolf guys, Suho" I said as we continued to walk. "And Suho?" He looked at me as we were walking. I smiled and held my hand out to him. "If it turns out you're my mate, i'll be okay with it" He looked confused for a second, but nodded and eventually grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together.

 

I was peacefully sleeping, with no dreams whatsoever for the first time since... well, since i slept in Kris' room. That was, until i heard a loud thud, making my eyes shot open. Something hard had hit my floor. I moved my hand over to the light on my nightstand, trying to find it in the dark.

 

Once i found it, i turned it on and sat up. I sighed in relief when i saw the person who was standing in front of me. "Kris, what the hell are you doing here this late?!" 

He closed the window he had obviously jumped in from and sat on the edge of my bed. He shrugged. "Couldn't sleep".

I groaned and lied back down. "Come back later, i'm tired" I mumbled. but suddenly i felt the blanket leave my body. I quickly sat up and saw Kris holding my blanket, smirking at me. "Yah! Give it back right now!" His eyes trailed down my body and he his lips. I looked down and remembered i was wearing a tank top and shorts. I quickly snatched the blanket away from him and wrapped it around my body. "ert" I sighed. "What are you doing here anyway? I thought you weren't allowed to go into this territory?"

"I wasn't... but i wanted to talk to you and i couldn't wait. That's why i couldn't sleep, so i decided to just come here".

"You want to have a talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter