Chapter 9

Bittersweet Change
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Me and Kai walked inside while the rest of the guys stayed outside. 

 

"So you and Kris kissed, huh?" He asked as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"W-what? How did you know that?"

He chuckled. "Our species can read thoughts, remember? Besides, you and Kris totally gave it away. You, with your red face and he was looking at Suho with so much jealousy. Besides..." He kicked himself off the wall and leaned over the counter, close to me. "Kris' thoughts were really loud" He chuckled.

"L-l-let's not talk about that. Let's talk about why you picked me in this pack? There are several girls out there, why me?"

He shrugged. "I told you, i just saw you and felt like it".

"What a stupid reason" I said as i crossed my arms. "But fine, i'll let it go. For now".

He nodded. "Let me give you some advice".

"Advice about what? Being a wolf?"

"Sort of. Don't lead Kris and Suho on any further. Wait until a mark appears on your neck. Otherwise they'll both be hurt. And EXO can't have both their leaders hurt. I hope you'll realize this yourself, so for now, just stay away from both of them".

I nodded. "I get it. I'll avoid them then from now on".

He smiled. "Good. Let's go".

 

We walked out of the house and joined the others. I kept staying close to Kai, trying my best to avoid Kris and Suho. 

 

And surprisingly it went well. The next day at school i was showing the new guy, Jonghyun around, telling him where everything was, but my neck was hurting alot and i couldn't touch it, because then i would expose my symbol to Jonghyun. I just had to bare with the pain. I looked up at Jonghyun as we were walking in the hallways.

 

"So what made you transfer school?"

He looked down and smiled at me. "I just got tired of my old school. Besides, girls are alot prettier at this school" He winked at me and i immediately looked down. 

"A-anyway, the principal told me you play football. You want me to show you the field?

"Yeah, sure".

 

We walked over to the football field and he started doing different tricks with a ball.

 

"You're good" I said, totally impressed.

He smiled while continuing doing tricks. "Thanks, Mi Hyun".

"Huh? How do you know my name?"

"I heard it from one of the teachers. Play with me?" He tossed the ball towards me and i stopped it with my foot.

"Uh... i don't know, i'm not that good actually..."

"Just kick the ball back to me. You can do that, right?" He smirked as i stuck my tounge out at him and kicked the ball back to him.

 

We continued doing so for a really long time. It wasn't until we were lying on the grass resting that i realized we had been doing this for two hours.

 

"Crap!" I sat up. "I've missed 3 classes already! I gotta go!" I was about to stand up, but he grabbed my wrist and held me back down.

"Stay a little bit longer. I'll cover for you" I nodded and lied back down. "If you do one thing for me".

"What?"

"Do my homework" His smile disappeared and he was glaring at me. "Or else..." He leaned closer with a smirk on his face. "You'll get hurt" I gulped and quickly nodded.

 

School was now over and i was sitting in my apartment doing homework on the table. I had just finished my own and now i was doing Jonghyun's. I was about to write something down when a hand slammed over my book. I didn't even have to look up to know who it was and it didn't even startle me anymore. Maybe i'm getting used to it?

 

"Hey, Kris" I said as i moved his hand and wrote something down on the book. I could hear his heavy breathing and i realized he was angry. I quickly put my hands over my homework to keep them from not flying away and glared at him. "Can you not breathe so much?! My homework is flying away!".

He sighed and sat down next to me, taking a deep breath. "What are you doing?"

I looked at him like he was a psycho. In one second, he's all pissed and now he's friendly again? Your emotions are confusing me, Kris. "I'm doing homework".

He nodded and glanced at the homework. He raised a brow at me. "That's alot".

"Well, that's school. Not that you would know anything about that".

He grabbed another pencil and a book and started doing the homework as well. I stopped writing and looked up at him. "You don't have to do that".

"I got nothing better to do anyway".

I sighed. I remembered Kai's words in my head. Don't lead Kris and Suho on any further. "Hey, Kris..."

"Hmm?" He said, not taking his eyes off the book.

"Maybe you should just leave".

He looked up at me. "Why?"

I looked down. "Kai talked to me an-"

"What did he say?" Kris said, now putting down his pencil.

"He just said that i should stay away from both you and Suho, so i won't hurt the two of you. I should stay away from both of you until i find my mate, otherwise i would just hurt the two of you".

"He said that, huh? Well, i don't follow Kai's orders, he follows mine" Kris went back to writing.

"But... i don't want to hurt anyone".

He looked up at me and smiled at me, making me feel warm inside. "Don't worry about it, i won't get hurt no matter who your mate is. I've already told you, even if two people are in love, their future all depends on who their mate is. So even if i like you and you like me, there's no point to even try. So let's just be friends, hmm?" 

I nodded. "Okay".

He patted my head and smiled his killer smile. "Suho is a lucky guy" He looked back at the homework and continued writing. "So about this homework..."

"What about it?"

"It's not yours, is it?"

"What makes you think that?"

He smirked and flipped the pages until it came to the first one. Jonghyun's name was written on it. I immediately looked down. "I'll just do it myself".

"No, i'll help you. I just don't understand why you would do it".

"Because he threatened me".

"He did, huh? Want me to go all wolf on him?" He smirked at me, making me punch him lightly in the shoulder. I giggled.

"No, i'll take care of this myself".

"As you wish".

 

We continued doing the homework and 2 hours later we were finally done. I collapsed onto the bed and Kris lied down next to me.

 

"Finally..." I mumbled. I suddenly felt really tired and closed my eyes for a few seconds. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter