Accepting

Maid in South Korea

‘WHAT THE JUNHONG, ELECTRONICS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GET WET!’

Janet dropped her items and pulled Junhong into the store, frantically drying Junhong with her sleeves. Her hands were shaking, worried that Junhong was going to die. His hands were cold but he isn’t shaking. Janet was at loss, it’s a good thing that Junhong isn’t having a fever but Junhong was as cold as ice, she couldn’t read the situation. Her head was in a mess; her chest began to tighten unable to release the fear inside of her, her hands held on tight to Junhong’s drenched shirt and her vision turns into darkness. Tears gathering at the lower lids were about to fall into gravity.  

‘Don’t cry. I’m okay.’ Junhong hugs Janet tight. ‘See, I’m still working fine. I’m here to make sure my master gets home safe & dry.’  Her cries muffled in his chest, her hands and face wet from tears & his squeezed shirt. She couldn’t hide those fears she had kept in her mind; those feelings she tried to deny. ‘Don’t be afraid to love me because I will never leave your side.’ His thumbs wiping of her beads of fear, his face was never this clear, this close. She closes her eyes as he narrows the distances, sealing his loyalty & sincerity on her lips that were cold but were warmed by his touch.  At this moment, those tears were no longer fear but acceptance.

‘Shall we?’ Junhong puts out his right arm, releasing the umbrella with the other, waiting for Janet to fall into place. For the first time, with no words said, Janet smiles at Junhong like he always does; allow his arms hold her in the place she now belongs. Together they shared an umbrella in the rain heading towards their home. The rain that night seems to be more peaceful than usual, it seemed to have washed away her pain, her past; Sunggyu. For the rain brought Junhong: the only person who is worthy an indefinite place in her heart.   

By the time they got home, it was 7.45 PM. Instead of going into the shower like she usually does, she pull Junhong to sit on the sofa to dry Junhong with her towel. ‘Do you want to take a hot shower?’ Janet asks absentmindedly, forgetting Junhong was a robot, just about an hour ago she just screaming at him for getting himself drenched. ‘Aish’, she slaps her forehead ‘Wait for me here.’ She quickly runs into the bathroom and returns with a basin full of warm water & a small towel. She soaks the towel in warm water and wriggles it dry, folding them into halves before cleaning Junhong’s face, arms and his body. Junhong looked extremely adorable when she cleaned him, he was undoubtedly lovable and good looking, and Janet has probably never looked him in the eye throughout this one and half month, she was embarrassed by how comfortable he is around her; bare. It was sad to say that it took her 39 days to be able to fully admire his beauty and accept the reality that Junhong was indeed ‘maid’ for her.

Junhong may be a robot who could withstand climate changes, weather resistance, but Janet doesn’t want to risk it. She wants Junhong to be in perfect condition, to be perfectly fine to spend the rest of her life with her. She wriggles the last drop of water into the basin and cleans his feet; he wiggles his toes cutely. Janet slammed his feet lightly, ‘Yah! Let me do my finishing touches.’ He giggles, ‘Yes, Janet.’ She throws the towel back into the basin and heads to the shower. ‘Get dressed, Junhong.’ Her voice echoed as she enters the bathroom, his high pitched nasal voice reaches her ears before she turns on the shower, ‘Yes Janet’.

You’re supposed to be my maid, look who’s the maid now

Dinner & Junhong was set up on the table as per usual. Tonight’s menu was Beef Stew; which explains how he was able to fetch Janet from work on a rainy day when he would always make sure he makes the meals fresh and timely so that she haves them hot & toasty. Instead, he simply prepared the ingredients in advance & left them in the pressure cooker so that he makes sure Janet’s home safe & dry. Janet smiles at his thoughtfulness & wittiness. For some unknown reason she couldn’t explain the sweetness of the meat; unsure if it was his kiss that changed her taste buds or was it because every meal she eats is cooked with love, by Junhong. Nonetheless, she enjoys her dinner to the very last drop of jus with a contented stomach and heart. ‘Thank you, Junhong. Thank you for everything.’

‘My pleasure’ He clears the table and proceeds to do the dishes. Every day seems like the same old routine; Janet goes to work, Junhong works at home, Janet showers & have dinner, Junhong does the dishes and together they sleep, except for off days. That’s when it struck Janet that she needs to find the answers to her questions. She returns to her old ‘comfort zone’; the usual spot with the best Wi-Fi signal. She starts her laptop and checks out the TS Electronics Forum for some answers, but the majority of the questions and threads were related to Male users & their female robot purchases. Desperate, Janet ty[es in different tags on Tumblr hoping someone out there could answer her questions, hoping some other girls on the internet has a TS Male Robot too, someone to share her problems.

#Male Robot only came back heaps of photoshopped and fanart pictures of robots; even Wall.E was tagged in it. Pfft, she was feeling stupid trying to find answers on this tag.

#TS Electronics, most of the posts were talking about how good the robots seemed to be with screen caps of series and model people were interested in, she continued to scroll down finding someone who has an actual robot.


                                                                                     LOAD MORE POSTS                                                                                        


WELCOME TO SECRET GARDEN

The Secret Garden is a Coffee Shop opened to all Robots & their Female Owners to have a good secret time.

In order to have a good time, ONE absolute law applies to all:

In this Coffee Shop there’s no discrimination between Robots & Humans, we are all the same species in this space.

Anyone who fails to comply with the rule shall be kicked out of the Coffee Shop.

We hope you enjoy your secret time with one another.

Check out the nearest Secret Garden at your Country.


Janet doubt its actual ‘worldwide’ existence but her intuition tells her to click on the html linked ‘Country’ to find her answer; she enters the Secret Garden Coffee Shop site. The world map appears, and she clicks on America and keys in her postal code. The nearest Secret Garden Coffee Shop is located at an alley in Korean Town. She checks for the opening hours, opened 24/7 365 days a week.

The answer was out there, as and when she’s ready to get them but not tonight. Not when it’s still raining cats & dogs out there, not when Junhong has been properly cleaned & drenched in the rain. Janet was tired from work today but she wouldn’t let it slip pass tomorrow. Tomorrow she will get the answers.

‘Junhong, Let’s go have Coffee at this new Coffee Shop tomorrow, it’s called Secret Garden.’

Junhong’s hands stopped; there was no ‘Yes Janet.’

Only silence...