Warning

Maid in South Korea

"Even the brightest smile on his face cannot lighten up the atmosphere at this place.

Moments ago, this was ‘paradise’, but right now; this place could be heaven or hell."

She found the answers she needs; she now knows that positive relationship (feelings) for their Robots could charge up their batteries. The Robots picks up feelings via Hormone sensing, which is why Junhong always knows how to deal with Janet when she’s at her delicate period, he knows when she’s sad and happy; Junhong knows clearly how Janet feels about him, which is why his batteries never runs dry. He’s energy level is unlimited as long as Janet continues to love him; to care about him. She now knows that it is possible to have an intimate relationship with Robots, it can be programmed, it can be instructional. Male robots came with the D & she’s not alone in this. But she forgotten about one question that she didn’t clarify: ‘Are robots capable to act on their own?’

Perhaps she was too caught up in the heated conversations and personal stories of the girls, perhaps her mind was too occupied with thoughts of losing Junhong that she missed out something Bang had warned her about; that Junhong is different from the rest of the robots, he possessed something that the others didn’t have. That Junhong was a Beta verison, a new model that has yet to be tested and known for its abilities and Janet is the sole owner of an unknown model to the rest of the Android world.

Her eyes were fixed onto Junhong, who was smiling at her like he used to every single day, but today the smile he wore on his face didn’t seem shine; something wasn’t right.

‘Are you leaving too?’ Crystal asked.

‘Yeah, I’ll be back here again.’ Janet tried to smile, making her way to Junhong.

‘See you!’ Crystal & Daehyun waved.

‘Follow your heart Janet, Junhong is the answer.’ Daehyun shouted as they entered the dark alley back to where time flows, where things follow the laws of the universe. His arms around her shoulders, her hands around his waist, she rests on his cold chest. Listening to his ‘heart’, she only hears pumping out the compressed air, the spinning of the fan, the beeping of his core that supports his ‘life’. Where’s the answer, Junhong? Where? What did he mean by you’re the answer?  

‘Junhong-ah, do you know Youngjae?’

Junhong doesn’t reply.

 ‘Why is everyone afraid of him?’  

‘Youngjae knows Junhong.’ His tone different, ‘Youngjae wants Junhong.’

‘What does that mean?’ Janet’s stopped, ‘But you’re mine, I’m your owner.’

‘Junhong is Janet’s. Junhong will never leave your side’ Junhong hugs Janet, his brown eyes slowly returns to blue as they reach the other end of the alley.

The Roman Clock says it’s 10.30 AM; it felt as though they were at Secret Garden for a good hour or two. There was still plenty of time before Janet goes to work but there was no one else to go. The only place Janet belongs is work, home, tumblr, twitter, Junhong & now, Secret Garden. With the scribbled napkin, Janet logs onto Twitter & Tumblr to follow the other girls, as she browses through their timeline, she could see that most of the time, the only things the girls talk about are their male robots. Their pictures were mostly selcas with their partners or pictures of their partners doing something cute or funny, just like Janet’s instagram; there’s only Janet & Junhong. There isn’t a thing that makes them different from humans, apart from the eyes.

Just then, she realizes a tweet by Roffy. ‘Just backed up Bang’s data & flushed out the old logs, Bang’s a little slow these days. Imma work his lazy by updating new positions.’

That’s when it struck Janet, ‘How long has it been since I last checked my email? Didn’t the email say something about Junhong’s data or something?’ Janet opens up her gmail inbox to find 2 new emails; 1 from ZERO CONTROL and 1 from National Intelligence Defence Authority (NIDA). Zero Control had sent her an email 2 weeks ago, but the one from NIDA was only sent half an hour ago.

 


From: Zero Control Application


To: Janet


Dear Janet,

We’re writing to inform you that your registration of your male robot is successful; any customization can be now done under your android mobile system.

We’re also pleased to inform you that we now have a new system for desktop applications where customizations can be completed online via Cloud Backup or offline into your computer hard disk.

For more information, please visit our website: nid.zerocontrol.com/client_download

Thank you for choosing Zero Control.


 

 


From: National Intelligence Defense


To: Janet


Dear Android User Janet,

Our Android Security System has observed unusual behavior from your registered robot; model series Squishy ZELO which may pose a threat to our human community’s well being.

We suggest that you return ZELO to its manufacturer, TS Electronics for technical examination and configuration prior to further usage. A written technical report must be provided by TS Electronics within the next 7 working days to address the safety requirements and artificial intelligences level for human usage of your working android.

Failure to meet the safety requirements of the National Intelligence Defence would result in confiscation of your android and/or destruction of android.

Yours Sincerely,

NID


Just what the hell is going on?

Junhong is a threat to mankind?

This is bull.

‘There are rules & regulations in every world; similarly, there are also loopholes in every system. The upper ones are watching him.’ Bang warned earlier, he knew what was going to happen.

Janet scrolls through her emails, to find the email by TS Electronics, stating something about Junhong’s data logs, Junhong’s terms and conditions. It was the first email from TS Electronics, it states:

As stated in the Terms & Conditions of the purchase of ZELO, because ZELO is a Beta testing model, all information and activities done by your Male Robot will be collected for feedback into our Headquarters. You can also monitor its activities through its logbook in its C:/ drive. For further information, please visit Zero Control application websites for more details.

The answer must be in Junhong’s data log. It must be. I need to get home quick.

Janet’s hands were shaking in fear; she don’t want to send Junhong back to TS Electronics, she don’t want Junhong to become scrap metal. She needs to find out what is it that is imposing threat in humanity? What are the loopholes Bang was talking about?

Home has never felt this far…

Time never passed this fast…

By the time they got home, it was 11.25 AM. Janet had 5 minutes. 5 minutes left before she leaves for work. She turns on her laptop to download the Zero Control computer application while she changes into her work uniform. She needs to access Junhong’s data to find the answers, she searches for the USB cable to access Junhong’s C:/ drive.

OMG DID JUNHONG THROW AWAY THE USB CABLE TOGETHER WITH HIS SHIPMENT BOX?


A/N: I'm on hiatus again, im working on the weekends. Will update on my off days again <3