Missing

Maid in South Korea

It’s only been three days since Junhong’s left her side, the house is in a mess, her clothes were piling up at the corner of the room, as though she’s a snake who sheds her skin at the exact same spot she changes to leave the house every single day. Janet didn’t eat much, all she had were meals from the work place; tasteless burgers & flavorless carbonated drinks; life’s nothing without Junhong. Janet misses Junhong’s home cooked meals where he makes them daily, fresh and wholeheartedly, where he sits beside her to accompany her during her meals, seeing enjoying every bite she takes make Junhong happy.

Today was her off day. There are places she wanted to go with Junhong but he’s no longer here.  She sat down on the sofa, letting her weight sink into the cushions, taking shape of her body. Her hands reached out to touch the cold and empty cushion beside her; where Junhong would always sit. Her nose started to act up again, she sniffed. Hiccups that wouldn’t sound hurt her chest; she was in tears once again.

The weather today didn’t seem like it’s usual self, it seemed to be in sync with Janet’s feelings. It was dark casted and gloomy, the air was dense. Even the skies felt like crying, it cried all day along with Janet. The rain didn’t give her any comfort, any warmth or even sympathy. The rain only reminded her of how Junhong was waiting for her out in the rain with himself drenched, for his umbrella would only be used for his master, his girlfriend; Janet. She remember how she wiped him dry at the same spot on this sofa, how she finally opened her heart for Junhong but to only send him away three days ago not knowing if he’ll return ever again. It pains her all over, knowing that from the beginning to the start it was all her doings. She gave Junhong a life but she took it away as well.   

It’s been days since she last went onto Tumblr & Twitter, she’s been receive tweets from the girls asking how’s she & Junhong going, but she didn’t feel like replying. She didn’t want to go online and see how perfect other’s lives are with their partner while she hates how are days are going by without Junhong.

But what’s left of Junhong now, is in the ‘Junhong’ folder on her desktop. Janet starts the laptop, waiting for Windows to start she tapped her fingers on the mousing, growing impatient with time. Perhaps time without Junhong passes too slowly, days are hard to go by; waiting becomes a torture for Janet. The desktop boots up and her wallpaper was the one she took with Junhong outside the icecream stall and Junhong’s smile was so bright you couldn’t even see his eyes. Janet smiles unknowingly, seeing Junhong always makes her feel better inside, even if they were just pictures, they are able to make Janet relive that moment for awhile for memories never die no matter how long in time.

 She opened the ‘Junhong’ folder and browsed through the system designated folders; there were system files, applications folders of apps she’ve installed, some miscellaneous files that she doesn’t understand because it’s in Korean wordings but she came across 2 folders that she need to view. The Data Log folder & a mysterious notebook like folder.

She opened the Data Log folder to find activities and data histories. Her eyes widened in shock, her jaws dropped. Every single day, Junhong does his assigned tasked by Janet, cleaning, cooking, laundry and groceries but ever since 23rd June 2100, Junhong has an activity says SECRET and for 15 minutes the data logs prompts as an error of signal lost. Doesn’t that mean that Junhong has been to Secret Garden ever since 23rd June 2100? Janet scrolls down the data log and realizes that every single day about an hour after Janet leaves for work there is a record of SECRET & Error: Signal Lost, except for Janet’s off days, there were no records of such events.

Why didn’t Junhong tell me about it?

Why did he pretend to not know the way & not bring me to the place?

No wonder Daehyun knows what he usual drinks; they even know my name when we first met…

She opens the notebook like folder to see what’s more that Junhong has been hiding from her but much to her disappointment, it was all written in Korean, but she could tell that it was a diary, it had date & month, time and weather on it. Janet needed someone to translate them for her but definitely not Google Translate. Perhaps the other robots could help her translate it into English since Korean is their first language, their manufacturing country. There were just too questions & Janet was dying to get the answers. She knew she had to go to Secret Garden tomorrow, hopefully she’ll remember the way there.

Like every other night, she didn’t sleep much maybe because she was too reliant on Junhong to wake up her but not tonight. Tonight, she didn’t sleep because she was once again fired up for answers, just like how she was excited to get to Secret Garden the first time to get answers. There were too many things she didn’t know about Junhong while others knew too much about her & Junhong. She needed to know the Junhong that she doesn’t know.

The sun was up early; Janet was prepared to find ‘Junhong’. For the first time, she picked up her dirty laundry and chucked them into the washing machine before she headed to wash up because she’ll never know after she receive the answers at the Secret Garden Coffee Shop will there be an impact of change in her everyday life. She was all set and ready to go, she took the train alone, she misses how the tall Junhong would always serve as her hand rail in the bumpy ride, she misses his presence but most importantly his smiles; he smile would change everything right now.

 She makes her way to Korean Town, she sees couples together hand in hand, and she wished Junhong was here to hold her right now. She walked to the Roman Clock which reads 9.45 AM, that’s the landmark to Secret Garden but she doesn’t remember which alley was it that they walked into the other time, if only Junhong was here right now. She sighed.

‘I was waiting for you to come back here.’ A familiar voice spoke from the back of her neck, sending chills down her spin. He laughed under his breath. Janet turned around to catch a glimpse of the familiar voice from behind but to only have him an inch away from her face, her lips grazing his lower lips.

‘Youngjae?’

Silence was sealed with his lips. 

 


A/N: Sorry i didn't proofread, this is the best i can do now. Thanks for waiting. Sorry for the delayed updates.