Optimizing

Maid in South Korea

JUNHONG! She yelled.

Just like the traffic lights, Janet’s heart stopped.

‘Yes Master?’ Junhong halted. Thank god he stopped. Furious, Janet stormed towards Junhong and pulled his ears. ‘YAH! Watch where you’re going! You could have gotten yourself killed!’ Hot air gushes out of her nostrils; hot blood boiling. ‘Don’t you ever dare move an inch away from me’ Janet held Junhong’s hands and waited impatiently for the Red Man to turn Green. His face was blank, he didn’t know how to react, perhaps he was scared, Janet’s body temperature was higher than usual, and her grip was even tighter.

‘Did he just call her master? What is he? A slave?’ There were soft chattering and laughter exchanged between pedestrians. Janet was embarrassed and annoyed.

When the lights turned green, Janet dragged Junhong across to the other side swiftly. She turned over to look at Junhong, just silent and expressionless; Janet just wanted to slap herself for being so harsh and rough with him just now. More importantly, she needed to make sure Junhong doesn’t call her Master anymore. Janet starts the ZERO CONTROL app and starts searching through the setting.

Default Name: Master

Preferred Name: Janet

SAVE

Junhong’s eyes started to flash in green. ‘Master wants me to call you, Janet?’ Junhong asked to confirm settings. ‘Yes, Call me Janet.’ Janet looked Junhong in the eye and replied loud & clear. ‘Yes Janet, your wish is my command.’ He smiled. Sometimes Janet just wished he would not smile at times like this, when she’s angry. His smile nevertheless nullifies everything. Janet’s grip loosens, but Junhong’s tightens; for Junhong, what Janet says is absolute. They make their way to the supermarket and Junhong is the walking grocery list, he brings Janet around each aisle grabbing the items & necessities. Janet teaches Junhong to choose products with the latest expiry date and asks Junhong to help reach for items that are too tall to be reached by her shorter body length. Indeed, having Junhong in her life, does make things better.

They proceeded to checkout at the cashier with their trolley loaded to the maximum; the female cashier couldn’t take her eyes of Junhong. ‘You’re so lucky to have such a good looking and sweet boyfriend.’ She said. ‘Thanks’ Janet thanks shyly, not knowing if she should have just said Junhong isn’t her boyfriend but her robot. Junhong puts the bags groceries into a big brown box and waits for Janet patiently at the end of the cashier, smiling as usual. The cashier blushed at his cuteness.

I think I should keep Junhong at home before girls start stealing him from me

With his hands full, Junhong sticks close to Janet, their shoulders brushing occasionally. ‘Are you going to Walmart now?’ Junhong asks ‘Of course we are! We need to get you undies, socks’ And some mask or Bandana to cover up that beautiful face of yours. Janet replied. Things were weirder than ever in Walmart. As if the people in Walmart ain’t weird enough, they were all shooting dead stares at Junhong, like Junhong & Janet were the odd ones out. Janet pulled Junhong’s sleeves and quickly went to the Men’s section.

At Walmart’s there’s nothing fancy, don’t ever questions the fashion in Walmart, it’s out of the world. Janet grabs a couple of M sized boxer packs and briefs, and a bandana. Just as she’s about to get to the cashier, she sees a really cute set of pajamas with monkeys and bananas. That would look cute on Junhong, she grabs them in M size and pays for them. Junhong puts out his pinky finger, wriggling for the plastic bag in your hands. ‘It’s okay, I can handle it.’ Janet replied. Together, they completed their first shopping adventure, bringing their distance closer, to the apartment they call home, to their two different hearts.

It was 12.45 when they got home, Junhong started to arrange the groceries into the shelves and into the refrigerator while Janet packs her bag and changes to go to work. Just when she leaves her room, Junhong is waiting for her at the door. ‘Have a nice day at work, Janet’ He said. ‘Thank you Junhong, don’t open the doors to strangers.’ Janet instructed ‘See you later, Junhong. Bye.’ Janet closed the door and left for work.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Every night, Junhong lies beside Janet, watching her sleep, robots do not rest, there isn’t a sleep mode, and they are always on standby for service. He makes sure that Janet doesn’t catch a cold; he covers her with the blanket every time she kicks them away. He’s always there for her.

Every day, he makes breakfast, lunch and dinner as selected by Janet, through observations, he knows how long Janet takes to wash up & shower, making sure that by the time Janet walks out of the bathroom, the food is ready and hot, never cold. He does the chores diligently, floors & kitchen clean, furniture clean, not even a speck of dust. By the time Janet gets home, her clothes are dried and folded neatly placed in her wardrobe. There was no way you could find any faults in Junhong’s work; he was the master of perfection, slave of Janet.

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Days spent with Junhong were always extra colorful and exciting. Junhong would always hold Janet’s hand when they are out on streets, he would use his palms to shield away the blinding sunlight. Junhong would always give Janet mini heart attacks by picking up bugs and asking Janet if they are as cute as Junhong, and Janet would always pull Junhong’s Bandana to shut him up.

Time flies with Junhong, happiness is always short lived, especially when your female organs decides to shed on your off day; a special day each week where Janet spend with Junhong, out having ice cream, watching movie, even going for a walk, a day where Junhong doesn’t have to do anything but accompany Janet to do whatever she feels like doing.

Janet curls into a ball of pain, ing period cramps. She starts up the Period Planner App and selects on the calendar:

28 July 2100

Period Start

The bed sinks down, a pair of arms wrapped around Janet’s aching waist. ‘Junhong is here for, Janet.’ Junhong pulls Janet close to his chest, his palms warming up, pressing onto her lower abdomen ‘Junhong will take away the pain...’