Uncovering

Maid in South Korea

Time seems to stop again; everyone seems to be frozen on the spot while her lips were glued onto Youngjae’s.

‘What the actual are you doing?’ Janet pushed Youngjae away, wiping his prints on her lips that were cold as ice; with no feelings.

The crowd seemed to be unconcerned with whatever’s happening around them, as though they didn’t hear her scream, as if they didn’t see him shift.

Youngjae smirked, pinching his lower lips.

‘Zelo & I are of no difference but what does it make him so different to be treated by you this way.’

His dark almond eyes seem to Janet in; drawing her into his world, his feelings of loneliness, hate, his despise for the world.

‘Because Junhong is Junhong?’ Youngjae read it out loud sarcastically, he read her mind again.

‘Just what the hell are you?’ Janet snapped; annoyed by the fact that he can always read her mind.

‘I know everything, there’s nothing you can hide. Just like how I know you’ll be back here.’ Youngjae said audaciously, ‘I’m the one that sent Junhong for test & checks.’

‘What?’ Blood started to boil in her veins, who is he to subject Junhong to tests? To put Junhong on the line for being scrapped into junk metal?

‘I’m an android from the National Intelligence Defence.’ Youngjae adjusted his hat, ‘I’m the serpent that they told you to be wary of.’

‘But you have brown eyes?’ her voice shooked in anger & confusion; the man that just kissed her was another Android just like Junhong?

‘An undercover spy for the government can’t gather unnecessary attention, right? ’ Youngjae laughs. 'Modifications.'

‘What’s so funny, Yoo Youngjae?’ Janet punched him ‘You took Junhong away from me & you laugh after doing all these to me?’

‘Because you need me Janet’ Youngjae rubs his cheeks in circular motion, making sure his flawless face isn’t damaged.

‘No I don’t.’ Janet turned around trying to find the correct alley that leads her to Secret Garden, she doesn’t have time to waste around this lunatic android that takes took away Junhong and kisses her for no bloody good reason. She was mad, mad angry at him but the split second she was drawn into his world, she understood how lonely he felt as well. There was no time for sympathy, she needed answers. She barged into one of the alleys that eventually lead her back to the town at the other side of the foundation. She tries again and again but only to be caught in an endless loop causing her she breaks down into tears in frustration.

Why is it that the whole world stops me from being with Junhong?

What’s wrong with me wanting to know more about Junhong?

Why is it so hard without Junhong?

‘I told you, you’ll need me.’ Youngjae folds his arms and squats down in front of Janet. His brown eyes were soft, unlike how cocky he is just now; he seems just like a normal person, a caring friend. ‘The alley only connects to the Secret Garden if there’s an Android. It works via Transmission Frequency.’ Youngjae explains. ‘Now stop crying & let’s go, silly girl.’ He pulls Janet up, dusting her crumpled skirt straight. Janet doesn’t understand his change in attitude and behavior. Moments ago in the crowd, he was a snobbish and prudent NID undercover spy. In the alley away from the crowd, he’s a nice chap who offers to help her out. His fluctuations of emotions disturbs Janet. She doesn’t know the right way to react to him when he’s kind but she needed to get to Secret Garden, she indeed needed Youngjae’s existence.

The walk to Secret Garden takes up approximately 15 minutes, Janet notices. Just like how signals are always loss between the times for Junhong enters and leaves Secret Garden. Janet turns around wanting to thank Youngjae but he’s already making his way back into the alley.

‘Wait Youngjae!’ Janet shouts, waving for him to stop and notice her. ‘I haven’t thanked you!’

‘Don’t thank me too early.’ He replied without turning his back, ‘I’ll be back to walk you out later.’ His shadow blends into the dark alley while his echo fades; he’s gone again.

I’ll wait for you.

The girls were sitting at the usual spot again, at the round table next to the coffee machine. The girls were all smiles and waved at Janet, shifting their chairs to make a space for her. Janet tried her best to plaster a smile across her face, but their smiles faded when they realized Janet was here alone, without Junhong.

‘How’s everything going?’ Crystal took the initiative to ask first.

‘I need the boys to help me translate Junhong’s diary.’ Janet goes straight to the point; she sees no need to answer a self explanatory question. The girls were taken aback by her directness when concerns were showered at her but she didn’t need them now, not until she knows what’s Junhong hiding from her.

‘Daehyun, bring her to the boys and go help her with it.’ Crystal orders, maintaining her smile ‘I’m sorry, I guess asking the obvious, I hope you make your trip here worthwhile. Cheer up, Janet.’

‘I’m sorry. I’m just emotionally unstable right now.’ Janet apologized. The girls just kept quiet, nodding in acknowledgement. Her eye liner was badly smudged at her lower lids from all the crying and perspiration trying to find her way here.  

‘Go look yourself in the mirror, Janet’ Roffy said with a pitiful tone, ‘You look hideous. Get your back together.’ Janet fished out her mobile phone and switched the camera to the front camera. She wants to cry at the state she looks like right now, she tries to scrap the smudges with her finger nails but it only made her swollen eyes redden even more. Yssa hands Janet a makeup remover wipes, ‘get rid of them & start afresh. You’ll be as good as new again.’ Janet thanked the girls and proceeded to the alfresco wiping her face clean & bare.

Daehyun pulls out a chair waiting for Janet to be seated at the shorter end of the table, briefing the boys what they have to do to help her out. She takes out the papers from her handbag and slides them to the center of the table. ‘Please, I need you guys to translate this into English for me.’ Janet pleads earnestly. Bang took the stack of paper and distributed it amongst the boys, one each.  

‘Hyung, my hair is standing from reading this.’ Daehyun shows his goosebumps to Moon, Himchan and Bang. Moon laughs silently. Bang knocks the table a couple of time and cleared his throat, ‘let’s start from the 20th June 2100.’


OMG IM SORRY I AT WRITING, I JUST NEEDED TO BREAK THE CHAPTER INTO TWO TO FLOW. <3