Purchasing

Maid in South Korea

Tempted by the free international shipping promotion, Janet clicked on the English site to have a look at their products.

“Hmmm, should I get a Female or Male Robot?” Janet mouse over the Product tab, tapping her forefinger lightly on her mouse. “Male Robots.” She hesitated for a while before clicking the ‘MALE’ bold in black.

The page refreshes a Flash Player site where the Models display one by one, from the top selling models to the newest release. You could select on the Model you’re interested to look at its functions and structural components in a 3D view. The bestselling model was the Lovable Series: HIMCHAN. It has the characteristics of being a lovable companion and does well in cooking, it’s an all rounded Human Robot that is good looking, presentable when brought out, and capable of duties at home when required. No wonder it’s the bestselling models. Janet scrolled down to look for the price of HIMCHAN: USD 3,000. She gulped hard. That’s almost double of her monthly salary & it doesn’t even include shipping cost if not for the promotion that’s going on now. A small bubble chat pops us at the bottom right of the screen.

“Someone from Canada just bought a Groove Series: JONGUP, Lucky Number 77”

“Wow, that’s the 77th person who has bought a Human Robot with Free International Shipping Promotion. that means there’s only another 23 more customers entitled to free shipping.” Janet quickly filters the models the results tab ‘Sort by Price Lowest’.

Squishy Series: ZELO (BETA VER.) can be customized to your likings any way you want. This Model seems taller than the other models; it has child-like appearances, milky skin and pretty lashes complimenting its bangs, bluish grey straight hair. Janet liked how ZELO looked; innocent and pure and cute, her heart melts a little inside.

The small bubble at the bottom right corner continues to pop up while she browses through ZELO’s functions and structures.

“Someone from USA just bought a Tough Series: YONGGUK, Lucky Number 89”

“Someone from Thailand just bought a Drama Series: DAEHYUN, Lucky Number 90”

“Someone from Singapore just bought a Smart Series: YONGJAE, Lucky Number 93”

“” Janet snapped, quickly scrolling down to check for ZELO’s price: USD 1600. Oh god, her entire months’ worth of pay. She quickly adds ZELO into the Cart and starts checking out her item, frantically keying in her credit card details, address and contact details and hits the Pay Now button. The page loads into a blank screen with dots running from the left to the right. Janet’s heart races and she keeps her fingers cross for the payment to go through smoothly.

“Someone from Brazil just bought a Spice Series: ZINGER, Lucky Number 98”

The page freezes for a few seconds before bring her back to the payment page.

Transaction Successful

“Someone from USA just bought a Squishy Series: ZELO, Lucky Number 99”

‘YESSSSS!’ Janet screamed, pumping her fist up in the air. Her Gmail icon jumps to inform her of new Emails; she quickly opened Gmail to check out what’s installed for her & her new toy, ZELO.


Dear Janet,

We’re pleased to inform you that your payment has been received and you’re now the proud owner of our latest technology, Squishy Series: ZELO from TS Electronics.

The program used to customize ZELO and its duties assignable can be done using the following Program: Zero Control which can be downloaded from Google Play Free of Charge once you’ve register the serial number of your purchased Male Robot.

As stated in the Terms & Conditions of the purchase of ZELO, because ZELO is a Beta testing model, all information and activities done by your Male Robot will be collected for feedback into our Headquarters. You can also monitor its activities through its logbook in its C:/ drive. For further information, please visit Zero Control application websites for more details.

If at any point of time, ZELO ceases to function normally, please contact our Head Office in California.

 Yours Sincerely,

 

TS Electronics Development Team


‘So I paid USD1600 to become a tester? Why didn’t I bother to read that terms & agreement before I purchased it?’ Janet hated herself for being too hasty into getting the free international shipping cost that she just ticked the boxes to get things done ASAP. She slaps herself in the forehead. ‘Good job on impulsive & laziness, Janet’ she said to herself as she clicks to open the next email.


Dear Janet,

Your order has been placed on 18th June 2100. The estimated shipping date is 19th June 2100 and it would take approximately 3 to 5 working days for your purchase to arrive at your door steps.

Order Number is: 78214523692

Item Name: ZELO

Series: Squishy

Tracking No.: TS 00000002310 KR

Delivered by: DHL International

For any enquiries, please call us at +82 02 6745 8913


And for the next couple of days, Janet goes onto the tracking site, copying and pasting the tracking number into the box, hitting enter. Waiting for her purchase to arrive.