Convenient Interruptions :l

The Tour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cate looked up at Taecyeon with confusion on her face, “Should I?”

 

Taecyeon sighed. Of course she wouldn't remember him. He always had his hat and sunglasses on when he was near her to hide from the fans. He was going to speak when he heard the back door of the house open.


 

Cate looked over her shoulder and saw her dad come through the door. She turned back to Taecyeon but only saw his strong back as he went back into his room. He did seem familiar to her, but she only assumed it was from the poster back in Korea. She thought about it a little longer. He obviously knew her from his tone of voice, but she... His voice! Small alarms went off in her head. She had heard his voice somewhere before, she just didn't know from where.

 

Her attention was pulled away from her conflicted thoughts when she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. She looked back and saw her dad standing there.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked, concerned from seeing his youngest daughter staring into nothing.

 

Cate cracked him a smile, “Yeah. Not fully awake yet.”

 

“Why are you up this early, anyway?” the big man asked as he walked over to the coffee pot and refilled the cup in his hand.

 

“Anya kicked me in her sleep and woke me up. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I came down here,” she explained.


 

Taecyeon sat down on the piano bench and laced his fingers together on his lap as he thought. He should have shown her his face at least once while she was in Korea. He was too nervous at the time, though.

 

He stared at the two doors that made the only entrance and exit to the room and sighed. He would have to go back out there eventually and face his disappointment of not being remembered once again.

 

His ears perked when he heard two voices coming from the kitchen. He couldn't help but listen since the walls of the house were thing and the kitchen was only feet away from where he was sitting.

 

“Anya kicked me in her sleep and woke me up. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I came down here,” he heard Cate say to her father, making a small smile cross his face.

 

He had seen her room the night before when she was showing everyone around. It was small and comfortable looking, but he wasn't surprised. He somehow expected it to be like a small getaway when she was talking about how old the house was and what she usually did during the day; homework and reading.

 

At least after looking in her room, he confirmed that her favorite color was green from the green covers on her futon along with the matching pillows and blue-green walls.

 

Taecyeon was a little surprised that Cate's friend, or sister, he couldn't tell what they were to each other, had managed to kick her off of the bed that filled almost half of her room up. The thought made him laugh.

 

Woof woof woof! The three dogs barked at the neighbor as they walked to their car. They did so every morning, yet the big dogs still barked at them as if they didn't recognize them.

 

Cate sighed as she placed her pen down on her notebook and slid her glasses back onto her face. She stood up and went to the back door where the dogs were barking on the deck. She knocked on the glass of the door with a knuckle, gaining their attention. “Shush!” she placed a finger over her lips and they laid down, enjoying the light of the morning sun.


 

Woof woof woof! Nichkhun opened his eyes and found it hard to breathe. He looked down and saw a startled Chansung clinging to him for dear life. “W-what are you doing?”

 

Chansung looked up at him with wide eyes, “I was having an awesome dream about the ribs from yesterday then it switched to my cat and, all of a sudden, I heard dogs barking. I thought they were eating my baby!”

 

Nichkhun stared at him for a moment, “Your cat is with your mom in Korea. Calm down.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter