Sneaky Interrogation

The Tour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*click click click click*  The left turn signal of the car flashed as Anya merged into the left lane once again on the turnpike as she and Cate were on their way to New York.  They were almost an hour into the trip and Cate was getting antsy with car sickness.  “I knew I should have been the one to drive...  I hate being the passenger...” she groaned.

 

“Oh shush.  You’ll survive,” Anya scolded her.

 

“No I won’t.  I’m going to die.  I leave my cat, my books, and all of my movies and music to you,” she dramaticized.

 

“I thank you for the thought, but guess what.”

 

Cate peered over at her through heavily lidded eyes, “What?”

 

A smile cracked on Anya’s face and she began to sing, “Oh!  We’re halfway there!”

 

“Whoa-oh!  Livin’ on a prayer!” Cate continued, her car sickness forgotten for the moment.  She couldn’t resist singing songs she knew.

 

“Take my hand,” Anya her hand in Cate’s direction.

 

Cate grabbed her hand, “We’ll make it I swear!”

 

“Whoa-oh!  Livin’ on a prayer!” they both ended the song early due to the both of them laughing too much.

 

The laughter died down after about a minute and the girls tried to breathe normally again.  “So, do you feel better now?” Anya asked.

 

“A little bit.  It will hit me again soon.”

 

“Just close your eyes and relax.”

 

Cate sighed then nodded her head, “Okay.”

 

Anya smiled as her best friend closed her eyes and tried to get comfortable in her seat.  Rest while you can.  You won’t be able to once we get there.  She looked through her mirrors for traffic then her right turn signal to switch lanes again.

 

 

It was strangely quiet in the dressing room, but that was probably because Junho was called back to the coordi-noona.  Taecyeon lifted his bottle of water to his lips and took a swig.  What should I get for her?  From looking in her room, she likes pandas, green, and Cinderella.  That was a really cool puzzle on the wall....  She really likes music.  But what else?  He sighed as he put the cap back on the water and placed it on the table in front of him.  He realized that he didn’t know much about her.  Hell, she knew more about him than he did about her because of the interview she did.  The frustrated man let himself fall back onto the couch and let his head lean back over the edge of it.  More thoughts raced through his mind as he stared at the ceiling.  He was too absorbed in his thoughts to notice the sets of eyes watching his every move as they tried to formulate their own plan.  They watched as their friend closed his eyes and sighed one last time.

 

The youngest of the observers pulled the other three away so they wouldn’t be heard.  “He’s obviously thinking about her,” Chansung stated.

 

“What makes you think that?” Wooyoung remarked sarcastically.

 

“Who else would he be that frustrated about?” Chansung reasoned, not noticing the other’s sarcasm.

 

“I get it,” Wooyoung said flatly.

 

“One of us should try to figure out what he’s thinking about,” Nichkhun chimed in before the two could start arguing.  “That way he doesn’t do anything to mess with the plan when the girls get here.  He may be too shocked to see her and do something stupid.”

 

The others nodded in agreement and looked at each other.  “Who, though?” Chansung posed the important question.

 

“I could,” Jun K spoke up.  “But, I’m next after Junho gets back.”

 

“And I’m after you,” Chansung though aloud.  “It’s up to you two,” he looked from Wooyoung to Nichkhun.

 

“What about Junho?” Nichkhun asked, trying to get out of it.

 

“He’ll be too obvious and give everything away,” Wooyoung sighed.

 

“No I won’t,” a voice whispered into Wooyoung’s ear, causing him to jump.

 

“What the hell, man?” Wooyoung covered his ear and moved away from the grinning dork.

 

“Your turn , hyung,” Junho said to Jun K before he continued.  “I can do it.  He thinks I’m only interested in the dogs anyway, so he’ll just think I’m rambling on about them.  He won’t expect me to question him about other stuff.”

 

“Have fun guys,” Jun K waved at them as he walked away.  “I’ll leave this to you and I’ll send a group message if I hear from Anya-ssi.”

 

Junho smiled, “So what am I trying to find out exactly?”

 

“What he’s thinking about,” Chansung answered.

 

“It’s pretty obvious that he’s thinking about Cate-ssi,” Junho gave Chansung a weird look, as if he felt that Chansung couldn’t figure it out by looking at their hyung.

 

“Duh.  But WHAT is he thinking about her?” Wooyoung clarified.

 

“Oh.  That’s easy enough,” Junho determined before walking over to the resting giant and sat down on the couch next to him.  He pulled out his phone and opened up his internet browser.  “Hey, hyung,” he nudged Taecyeon’s arm with his elbow,

 

“What?” he answered, keeping his eyes closed.

 

“What are those dog toys called that Chan was talking about earlier?”

 

“Kong.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter