Close Encounter

The Tour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taecyeon choked on the piece of bagel in his mouth and doubled over in a fit of coughing. The dreaded question. She figured it out. He just knew it. He was screwed. There was no way she wouldn't hate him for being a creeper. He messed up. Big time. Way to go, idiot!

 

“Are you alright?” Cate asked, concerned about his choking.

 

He nodded his head slowly and cleared his throat of the food. A part of him wished that the bagel had killed him so that he wouldn't have to answer.

 

“We both have something wrong with us tonight,” she chuckled. He looked up at her in confusion. “First me getting burned, and now you choking on what burned me. Bagels are more dangerous than I thought.”

 

Her smile was disarming in the possibility that she knew his biggest secret. Taecyeon coughed one last time, covering his mouth with his hand to try and silence it as best he could. The tickle in his throat remained. He looked around the kitchen, trying to occupy himself and distract himself and distract her from the question.

 

“Cups are in the first cabinet. Right next to the sink,” she pointed across the room.

 

Taecyeon nodded his appreciation and removed a cup from it's home. He filled it with water from the fridge and gulped it down, clearing the annoying feeling of a burning feather tickling his throat.

 

“Feel better?”

 

“Y-yeah. Thanks,” he placed the cup on the counter and glared at the remains of his food. “I vow to never eat a bagel again.”

 

Cate's eyes widened, “That's not possible! Bagels are awesome!”

 

“Not when they try to kill me! My voice is precious to my group! You may not realize it, but I'm the main vocal,” he joked in a serious tone, an eyebrow raising cockily.

 

Cate laughed, “Oh yeah. The big, bad rapper with a taste for piano music is the main vocal?”

 

Taecyeon started to laugh with her, but stopped. Taste for piano music. . She knew. “What? How would you know what kind of music I listen to?” he played it off. “Are you a crazy stalker?” he added in a serious tone.

 

Cate gave him an amused look and ignored his last question, “The song you quoted at the end of your interview. I recognize it.”

 

. . .

 

“It's a slow song by The TRAX. Played on a piano,” she went on.

 

Taecyeon picked up his bagel and leaned on the counter across from her before taking a nonchalant bite out of it once more, “Is it? I thought it was more of a heavy type of song, actually.”

 

“You call soft, prettiness on one of the most beautiful instruments in the world, heavy? There must be something wrong with you,” she picked up the kitten trilling at her feet, vying for her attention. She ignored the fact that Taecyeon just ate the bagel after swearing he would never eat one again and Howl's ears.

 

Taecyeon gave her, what he hoped looked like, a confused look, “Soft, prettiness? Yeah, it has piano in it, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter