Effects of Gravity

The Tour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Anya closed her eyes as she laid down on her towel, basking in the sun. The sound of the ocean's waves crashing onto the shore caused her to relax even more. Her happiness drowned out the annoying squeals of teenage girls as they touched the cold water and noticed the three remaining men, whom they didn't know, wrestling each other in the waves. The girls only knew that they were very attractive and foreign. Yup... everything was good in the neighborhood. Before she knew it, Anya was soon falling asleep.

 

“Ah!” a girlish, but manly, scream startled Anya awake, causing her to jump. She looked around and saw the youngest and the oldest members of the kpop group running back to the ocean, laughing and making the girls scream even louder. She glared at them and silently cursed them for waking her up before she could even fall asleep in the first place.

 

The two men slowed down as they got closer and high-fived each other before speaking quickly. Anya planned to ignore them and fall back asleep, but a few words stood out to her. Words like awesome, push, plan, genius, not expected, don't know what hit them, kiss, run, and success.

 

She tried to ignore them, figuring that the two just witnessed a couple making out and weren't expecting it. She settled back onto her towel and closed her eyes.

 

“Mission: Get Taecyeon and Cate together, phase one; complete!” the plotters high-fived again.

 

Anya's eyes shot open at the mention of her best friend and the rapper. She was now grateful, more than ever, for helping Cate study her Korean the summer after the older girl graduated from high school and throughout her college language courses. Anya stood up slowly and approached the tall men.


 

The young man and woman remained frozen, their lips still touching awkwardly and his arms around her waist. The people in the crowd around them walked by, not thinking anything strange about the two. Some looked at them and giggled while a few others commented on “How cute” they were.

 

It seemed like they would remain still for an eternity as the seconds ticked by. Cate finally blinked and pulled away as best she could. She turned away from the man who had caught her with his mouth and raised a hand to her lips. What just happened? Why was her heart beating so fast? It's not like she's never been kissed before. No... This wasn't something that could even be considered a kiss. It was just an accident. Just... an accident...

 

Taecyeon stood up straight slowly. Had that really just happened? Or was he dreaming? His eyes traveled over to Cate, who had turned away from him, a slight blush visible on her cheeks. Yup. It definitely happened. Yet, he wished that it had been a dream.


 

“Slow down!” Anya raised her voice slightly at the two men denying everything in front of her. “Speak slower! I can't understand anything you're saying when you talk that fast!”

 

Jun K smiled at her minimal knowledge of the Korean language. He thought it was cute when she struggled, yet she never gave up when she stumbled on a word. The younger man beside him continued to talk quickly, stating that he didn't know anything about pushing the girl's best friend into his bandmate's arms. Jun K sighed and elbowed him in the stomach, “Shut up.” Chansung immediately closed his mouth.

 

Anya crossed her arms over her chest and raised her eyebrows, waiting for an explanation. Both of the culprits just stared back at her, not relenting. She heaved a sigh, “What did you do to Cate and Taecyeon-ssi?”

 

Jun K and Chansung glanced at each other, waiting to see if the other would speak. Chansung let out the breath he was holding, slowly, “Before we came here, and were looking though the candidates of boarding places, Taecyeon got really excited when he saw your place. We didn't know why and we thought it was weird. He was getting all touchy feely at random...”

 

Anya nodded her head, indicating for him to continue.

 

“When we got here,” Jun K proceeded to speak instead. “We noticed how he couldn't keep staring at Cate-ssi. We don't know how he knows about her. She didn't seem to know him when we got here. Hell! She didn't even really know about us! Yet we're staying in her home...”

 

“I signed the house up with permission from her parents,” Anya explained the last part before going on. In the back of her mind, she faintly remembered Cate telling her about the strange tall guy at the music shop that would show up whenever she was there. “So what did you do when you followed them?”

 

Chansung grinned, “We only wanted to help him out. So we kind of stood near a group of guys and pointed at Cate-ssi while whistling. The guys looked at her and wouldn't stop staring. We knew Taecyeon wouldn't like that.”

 

Anya raised an eyebrow at them, questioningly, “And?”

 

“He put his arm around her as they walked,” Chansung finished his explanation, simply.

 

Anya stared at them, “Really? That's it? That's what got you two so excited?”

 

Jun K waved his hand in front of himself, “No no no no no no... We were hoping for a little more, but he was being a chicken.” Anya waited patiently for him to finish his story. “We just used the power of force and gravity to get their lips to meet...”

 

Anya's eyes widened, “What?!”

 

Both of the men backed up a step, trying to avoid the angry woman in front of them. They watched as Anya raised her face to the sky in frustration and let out a less than thrilled groan. They took another step back, prepared to run away.

 

Anya huffed and looked at them again, “That's not fair!” The men looked at each other in confusion, then back at her. “I wanted to get them together first!”

 

Silence.

 

“What?!?!” the two friends cried out.

 

“A few years ago, when both of us were still in high school, I showed her a picture of you guys and her eyes only went to Taecyeon! I had her listen to some of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter