Beachside Fun

The Tour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Put it on!” Anya commanded Cate as she held out the dark green bathing suit to her.

 

Cate shook her head, “Why? You know I don't like the beach.”

 

Anya gave her a frustrated look, “So? Would you rather overheat in a shirt?”

 

“I don't get hot easily,” Cate stated.

 

“Well...” Anya searched for an argument. “No one will ever consider you hot if you don't show off!”

 

“Cate lifted an eyebrow at her, “And? I don't need anyone to think that I'm hot.”

 

Anya threw her hand up into the air, “Fine then! I guess I'll just throw you in the ocean with all of your clothes on and while your precious ipod is in your pocket.”

 

Cate glared at her, “You wouldn't even be able to. I squirm too much.”

 

“That may be true, but I'm pretty sure those guys downstairs wouldn't mind helping me.”

 

They stared each other down, neither of them wanting to give in.

 

Cate's mom opened the door and peaked in, “Your father and I can't go with you.” She stopped short when she saw the two girls staring at each other, “What's going on?”

 

Without breaking eye-contact with her counterpart, Anya answered her, “She won't put her bathing suit on.”

 

Cate's mom pinched her daughter's arm, “Just put it on! Don't be such a baby!”

 

Cate gripped her arm where she had been pinched and opened to protest, but her mom just gave her a stern look. “Ugh!” Cate snatched the bathing suit out of Anya's hand and stormed off to the bathroom.

 

Mrs. Schmidt and Anya gave each other a thumbs up at their success.


 

“Let's go! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!” Junho ran down the ramp and headed toward the cars parked in the driveway. The other five followed close behind, all eager to swim in the ocean.

 

Cate and Anya both followed them a little more slowly, both with sets of car keys in their hands and large bags over their shoulders. Cate shifted the halter strap of her bathing suit discretely so that it wasn't digging into her skin anymore.

 

“Taecyeon-ssi!” she called to the tallest man.

 

He turned around and gave her a big smile, “Yes?”

 

Cate paused, a strange flutter went through her stomach as he smiled. What? Why was that happening? Anya nudged her with an elbow, pulling her away from her confusion. She cleared , “Would you mind going in Anya's car to translate for everyone?”

 

Taecyeon's heart seemed to drop into his stomach at the request. The smile on his face became forced, “Sure!”

 

Cate smiled back at him, “Great!”


 

Cate parked her car behind Ayna's on the side of the crowded street. They were very lucky to have been able to find two spots right next to each other since it was usually difficult to find even one spot.

 

Everyone stepped out of the cars and retrieved their things from the trunks before walking the short distance to the bustling boardwalk.

 

“Let's try to find a spot on the beach before we do anything else. If we don't get one now, we won't get one at all. Tourists from other states will be coming in soon,” Cate suggested to the group.

 

The six men ran to the sand quickly and dropped their things in a large circle, claiming their spots, then ran to the water's edge. Cate and Anya laughed at them and set up their things in the center of the circle.


 

Taecyeon stood in the salt water and tried to dunk Chansung under. The two struggled with each other for a while until one of them was submerged and splashing.

 

Taecyeon laughed maniacally as the youngest came up, sputtering for air. “Want to try again?” he taunted.

 

Chansung glared at him and made his way to the other members who looked like they could easily be dunked. Taecyeon laughed as he watched him go, but a slow movement in the corner of his eye distracted him.

 

His eyes followed the movement and locked onto the girl scouring the edge of the water for seashells. Even though her hair was tied back, it shone in the sunlight, and, to his amazement, it almost appeared red instead of its usual light brown. Her glasses from that morning were also gone, replaced with contacts.

 

Taecyeon to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter