Pleasant Surprise?

The Tour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Flight to Philadelphia International Airport is now boarding. Please enter your gate.”

 

Taecyeon silently jumped for joy at the announcement, causing the others to stare at him. He just shrugged his shoulders and continued to bounce up and down. He stopped all of a sudden when the first hysterical cries were heard from across the large room. Taking the more private back way into the airport didn't do anything against the many fans lined up by the walls, signs held high and cameras flashing. The security guards struggled to keep them at bay.

 

The six idols smiled and waved as they passed by on the way to their gate. The fans swooned and shouted out their oppas' names, hoping to be noticed as individuals and not just as part of the screaming crowd.


 

“Duke, move,” Cate stared at the big yellow dog lying in the middle of the floor. The droopy dog looked up at her with his golden eyes and immediately got up when he saw the vacuum in her hands. Cate watched as he waddled through the open door and plopped himself down on the wooden deck.

 

She, her parents and Anya had been cleaning non-stop since the two friends arrived five days earlier. Cate's parents were having a bunch of people stay over for a little while and her mother wanted the house to be perfect. Just as she was about to plug the vacuum into the closest outlet, Anya walked in with a yawn and a stretch.

 

“Good morning!” the freshly awoken girl smiled into her greeting.

 

“Morning,” Cate held the vacuum out to her. “It's your turn. I have to cut the grass.”

 

Anya scowled and took the machine's handle with reluctance, “Fine...” After Cate turned away and she thought she wouldn't be heard, she muttered under her breath and added, “I hope you get sunburn.”

 

Cate looked back over her shoulder and glared before sticking out her tongue and walking out the door. She stopped at the end of the ramp attached to the deck and looked out over the large yard. It would only take an hour and half to cut it all, but the rest of the day would be spent raking up the clippings and dumping them near the garden.

 

A loud clattering interrupted her thoughts and she turned her head to the garage where her father was lifting the overhead door. She watched as he gave her a devious smile and sat on the lawnmower.

 

“Old man! Get off my baby!” she shouted as she ran over to him. He already started the yellow and black mower and was making his way to the grass, laughing loudly and maniacally.


 

“Please put on your seat belts. We are about to land at the Los Angeles International Airport for passenger drop-off and fuel,” the captain's voice resonated throughout the plane.

 

The members of 2PM cheered as their twenty-hour flight was almost over. They only had six more hours until they reached their destination after the plane was refueled. The flight attendants gave them all flirtatious looks as they went on their rounds of checking the seat belts. The young men smiled at them politely, but ignored their advances.

 

“Taecyeon-ah!” Junho elbowed the giddy man sitting next to him. “Maybe you should actually try this amazing thing called sleep after we take off again.”

 

Taecyeon looked to his right at Junho and smiled, “I'm not tired.”

 

Junho looked at him as if he were speaking to a crazy person and shook his head, “You aren't now, but you will be when we get there. You're going to miss whatever it is that you're so eager about.”

 

Taecyeon considered his words and nodded, “I'll try.”

 

“Good!” Junho sighed. “I'm tired of your jumping around. I can't sleep because of it.”

 

The other four members looked over to the two and laughed. Chansung and Jun K shared a look and nodded their heads to each other.


 

Beep Beep Beep!!! Cate's alarm screamed in her ear. She picked up the clock and looked at the time: 8:00AM. She had another six hours until she had to be at the airport, holding a sign saying JYP Tour along with her parents and Anya. They were taking different cars in order to fit all the people who were going to be staying with them. Three could fit into her car and the other t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter