Practice

The Tour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days were full of busy scheduling for the idol group and making sure that the dogs didn't eat the new kitten for the family. The six men practiced day and night for their upcoming concerts and had very little time to relax. The manager was going to rent out a dance hall for their use, but Mr. Schmidt told them that they could use the second floor of the large garage. Air conditioning had been put in a few years before when he could no longer take the intense heat in the building. They happily agreed. Along with some of their staff, Cate, and Anya, the idols cleared out a large enough space in the loft where they could practice.

 

During their practice, Cate could be found in her room, on her computer, studying and working on her college courses. She hated the online classes, but she had to get them done somehow if she wanted to graduate the year after. She was working on translating a document from Korean to English when Anya walked in with the small kitten.

 

Anya sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at what she was typing. It was something about historical monuments in Korea and their significance to the country. She and the kitten watched in amazement as Cate's fingers flew across the keyboard, her eyes never leaving the printed document she was translating from.

 

Anya pointed a finger at the screen, “You messed up.”

 

Cate jumped and looked at her best friend, “When the hell did you get here?”

 

“Just now,” Anya passed the kitten to Cate, who gladly took him and saved her work before he could step all over the keyboard and type in his own little kitty language.

 

Cate scratched the purring machine in her arms in between his ears and under his chin, “What's up?”

 

Anya stretched her arms above her head and let out a sigh, “Nothing. I was just coming up to get my computer. What are you doing?” She leaned over Cate's computer again and looked at the document in the foreign language and blinked a few times. She only recognized a few of the characters on the page, the rest was gibberish in her mind.

 

Cate flipped the kitten onto his back in her arms and began to rub his round belly with her free hand, “Part of the final for my Korean History class. I have to translate this into English, then another one into Korean. Then I have to write a paper on the popular culture and how it's making history.” She paused and sighed, “I don't know what I'm going to write that on.”

 

Anya stared at her.

 

“What?”

She continued to stare.

 

“You're freaking me out... What?”

 

She didn't blink, “Are you retarded?”

 

Cate gave her a dumbfounded look, “What?”

 

Anya sighed and smacked a hand to her forehead, “You have a group of six Korean idols and their staff staying at your house during a tour of our country, which is extremely rare! How do you not know what to write it on?”

 

Cate remained silent in thought, feeling as if she were stupid for not thinking about it sooner.

 

“Does it open or something?” Nichkhun poked at the rectangular hole in the wall of the loft, covered with a metal door. A gust of wind blew by outside, causing the door to shift and thump against the wall. He jumped back and let out a girlish squeal. Laughter filled the space as the other five watched him and his overreaction.

 

“Just leave it alone, Khun,” Wooyoung spoke out. “We have to keep practicing.”

 

Nichkhun backed away from the door warily and grabbed his chair, bringing it to the right side of their practice area, between Taecyeon and Wooyoung. The music started and Junho mouthed along with his part, and the rest pushed their chairs out until they were in a diagonal line.

 

Taecyeon went forward f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter