Fateful Encounter (edited)

The Tour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cate walked through the busy airport, trying to find her way through the unfamiliar place.  She had two weeks to experience South Korean life for her college course.  It didn’t seem like enough time to the curious girl; she wanted to see everything.  She shifted the bag on her shoulder as she looked through the rushing crowds of people trying to get to their flights or to their taxis.  A sigh escaped her lips as she looked at the signs around her, she could understand them, it just took a little bit longer than hearing the words would have.

 

Ah-ha!  A sign stood out to Cate as she searched the letters, “Baggage Claim.”  She walked in the direction the sign indicated quickly, dodging around the rushing people.  The crowded path before her seemed to open up as she saw the moving track, holding many pieces of luggage, both large and small.  She made a break for it, before the crowd could swallow her up in one giant gulp.

 

People started to close in on the girl as an announcement went over the intercom.  Cate listened to what was being said carefully, “The flight to Beijing is now boarding.”  What?  Is everyone going to China or something?  When was I going to get the memo?  She pushed her way through the forming crowd and finally made it to the baggage claim.  She waited, patiently, in one spot for her suitcase to pass by.  Bags of all sorts passed by her, bags that were covered in flower print, bags that were just one, plain color, and others that seemed like giant plastic boxes.  She kept her eyes focused on the track as it moved, looking for her dark green suitcase that she had gotten for her high school graduation from her aunt.  “All graduates need a piece of luggage for when they go to college.”  She laughed to herself at the memory of her beloved aunt and her reasoning.

 

In the midst of her revery, a young man walked near and stood next to her.  She peeked over to him and blushed at the sight of his handsome face.  He seemed oddly familiar to her...  Oh well.  She doesn't know anyone in Korea yet.  She turned her attention back to the track and spotted her suitcase moving closer.  She reached out her arm, but a large hand grabbed ahold of it just as she touched the handle.  She looked up, her light brown hair falling in front of her face, and saw the handsome man looking at her.

 

“I’m sorry, but I think you have the wrong suitcase,” she said to him, slowly, making sure she got the words correct, in Korean.

 

The man lifted the bag off of the track and looked it over, “You’re right.  I’m sorry about that.  I have the same kind.”

 

Cate’s eyes widened when he answered in English.  Fluently.  “It’s okay.”  

 

The man placed the bag on the ground in front of her and released the handle.  “Enjoy your time in Korea,” he said to her in his enticingly deep voice.  H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter