Who are you?

Madness

 

 

“Min right?” I looked up from my homework and saw one of my classmates standing in front of my desk.

 

I nodded and set my pen down.

 

“Are you friends with Leo and Haru?” She asked directly, crossing her arms round her chest.

 

“I wouldn’t say we’re friends, but-“

 

“Good, because they’re art freaks. I don’t want you to get distracted with your friendship with them and mess up the class G.P.A”

 

Ah, Ruth Andrews. The class representative who is always looking over your shoulders to make sure you’re doing your work and not mess up her chances in getting into a good university.

 

Why she believed the schools annual “best class” competition would affect her chances on getting into USC is beyond me. It was only a competition between the Business Magnet classes and all you won was a pizza party.

 

“Is that all?” I asked. Ruth furrowed her eyebrows and nodded, then walked back to her desk.

 

I sighed and went back to finishing my homework. Although school was over, I didn’t want to go home.

 

It was Friday, which meant Miranda was home and I wasn’t really able to concentrate on homework with her loud laughing echoing in the house.

 

She seems interested in my stepfather, but my stepfather simply treats her like any other intern that has come over.

 

It’s not that I don’t want him to date, but Miranda just seems too clingy and a kiss-up. Maybe she just wanted a better position?

 

“Min?” I heard someone call my name. I broke away from my thoughts and looked around the room.

 

My gaze went to the blonde girl with sunglasses standing in the doorway.

 

She took off her sunglasses and looked straight at me. She had black leather jeans, black studded converse and a red tank top.

 

I glanced at Ruth, who was glaring at the girl, but the girl simply ignored the stares and walked towards me.

 

“You’re Min right?” I nodded, “Yeah”

 

“Okay, let’s go” She said, nodding to the door.

 

“Go where?”

 

“The Talent Show. Leo gave you a ticket right? He sent me to come get you”

 

“Um. I-“ She sighed. 

 

“Please don’t tell me you’re not going. Just because it’s a high school talent show doesn’t it doesn’t sell out fast and Leo gave you a ticket, meaning he wants you to go and have some fun”

 

I swallowed and cleared my throat.

 

“Come on Min, you’ll have fun. Relieve stress from these tough classes,” She said, in a kinder tone.

 

“Go”

 

“All right” the girl grinned and clapped. “Yay! Come on” She said, grabbing my satchel and helping me with my papers.

 

“I’m Chelsea Lee by the way, you can call me CL though” CL said, as we walked towards the auditorium.

 

“Do you go to this school too?” She shook her head, “I graduated 2 years ago and I’m currently studying Fashion at the Art Institute”

 

She glanced at me, “Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure”

 

“Why are you in the Business Magnet if you’re a dancer?”

 

I looked at her surprised, “Who told you that?”

 

“Haru. He said something about you dancing, or not dancing, or used to dance. Whatever” She waved her hand.“He said that you danced”

 

“I said I didn’t” I stated, a bit irritated that Haru had mentioned it to someone I didn’t even know up until a few seconds ago.

 

“Well, he doesn’t seem convinced” We walked in silence and finally reached the auditorium doors.

 

“Come on, front seats” “Aren’t the rest of his friends going to sit there?” I asked, getting nervous.

 

CL chuckled, “Most students are a bit scared of Haru and Leo. Sure, they have to communicate in their classes, but they pretty much just have each other and some friends outside of school” 

 

“Why?” I couldn’t stop myself from asking.

 

CL put her phone away and smiled apologetically at me. “Sorry, it’s not my story to tell. Just, don’t listen to the rumors. Leo and Haru are both loyal and kind friends”

 

CL patted my back and went towards the stage, leaving me alone.

 

I sat there quietly, thinking about why would Haru and Leo approach me.

 

Was it because I was quiet like them? Or was it because I was just there?

 

“Hey, you came” I looked up and saw Haru standing in front of me. He wasn’t wearing his uniform, instead he had on black jeans, a white skull t-shirt and a black studded jacket over it. He took off his sunglasses and placed them on top of his Chanel beanie.

 

“CL brought me” “CL? The loud little blonde?” Haru said, raising his voice so CL could hear him. She merely waved him off and continued talking to a girl on the stage.

 

“Did you come and see your dancing competition?” He said indifferently as he took out a packet of gum.

 

I clenched my jaw, “If I remember correctly, I said I didn’t dance” Haru glanced at me and put a piece of gum in his mouth.

 

“Really? Because you seemed truly interested when it was mentioned”

 

I broke eye contact with him and faced the stage.

 

“Are you in this?” I asked after a few seconds of silence.

 

“The show? Naw. I’m not a performer,” Haru said, taking seat two seats down.

 

“Then what are you?”

 

Haru smiled, but didn’t look at me. “Why are you so interested Min?”

 

“I’m not. I’m simply making conversation”

 

You are starting a conversation?” He asked in disbelief, I rolled my eyes and felt the corners of my mouth twitch

 

“Shut up”

 

He chuckled and leaned back on the chair.

 

“My main goal is to become a successful music producer slash songwriter,” He said, looking up at the ceiling.

 

“You write?” I asked, and then closed my eyes when my head started to ache. My hands instantly covered my ears.

 

“You write?” “I express myself better in writing than words, I suppose”

 

Yeah, it’s easier to express myself in writing than actually speaking” I heard Haru say, then I opened my eyes, furrowing my eyebrows at the feeling of déjà vu.

 

“You okay?” I turned to look at Haru, who was looking at me with those concern eyes again.

 

“Yeah. I’m just…. I’ll be back” I set my satchel down and walked to the auditorium doors.

 

I took a few deep breaths and tried to remember where that conversation came from.

 

The voice was real.

 

I spoke to her outside of my mind in the past. 

 

She's real......or was. 

 

Who are you?

 

Who the hell are you?

-

 

AN: So Min doesn't have an imaginary friend or going nuts, the voice/person is real! I wonder who she is....