twenty three; goodbye

This Ain't Magic, This is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rina felt the whole world on her shoulder. It was an exaggeration but she kind of really felt like that. It was like some forces took all her strength that had her knees wobbling. She felt like she was beaten up by ogres. That morning on her way to work, she bumped into Mrs Kwon and told her an awful news that made her brain blew out...

"Rina-yah!" Mrs Kwon, who was watering her plants on her front yard, was happy to see her. She smiled back happily to her. It wazs nice to see the old woman finally recovering from whatever she was feeling these past few months that made her temporarily leave her work.

"Good morning, ahjumoni." She bowed. "How are you feeling?" She asked, though she knew the old woman was more than okay. Her face was bright and it was a good sign she was no longer drowned in stress.

"Oh, I'm feeling fine. Thanks for asking. So you're going for work?"

"Yes, ahjumoni."

"Ah. How're the boys doing?"

Rina smiled. "They're always busy. But I think they already knew that as a consequence of being an idol."

Mrs Kwon chuckled. "You're right about that. Anyway, did the management tell you I'll be back for work tomorrow?"

Her smile suddenly frozen on her face. "T-Tomorrow? Um, no one said a word to me. I-I thought you'll be back sooner. Like three weeks from now?"

"I thought so too." Mrs Kwon said. "But the doctor told me I'm already fine and that I can go back to work already."

"Oh." It was her reply. She doesn't know herself if she was still happy or not.

"And about your work, Rina-yah.." Mrs Kwon added. "I've already told the management if there are avaliablejobs to fit you in. They will look at it. However, they couldn't promise me, or you, for that. I'm really sorry this is so sudden, Rina-yah."

Rina felt her stomach churning. But she still feigned a smile on her lips. "O-Oh, it's okay, ahjumoni. I understand. After all, I'm just your substitute. You can go back whenever you like."

"But I know how you love this temporary job of yours." Mrs Kwon said and she couldn't argue with that. After all, it was true. "I know it's hard to leave it so suddenly."

She forced a smile on her face. "Yes, it is ahjumoni. But I couldn't do anything about it if you choose to go back already. Don't worry, I understand ajhumoni."

"No. Thank you, Rina-yah." Mrs Kwon said. This time, she really did smile a happy smile. She was grateful because of all people she chose her to be her substitute. It was such an honor to work for Infinite even just for a short period of time. Many girls would kill for the once-of-a-lifetime opportunity. She should've braced herself for this moment to happen. Well, she does. But she kind of didn't expect this to be too soon. Mrs Kwon will be back tomorrow. So that means, this day would be her last...

"Hey! You look like you're carrying the whole world on your shoulder." It was Sunggyu. He was even grinning at her. "What's the problem? Still mad at us for what he did on the beach yesterday?" She was about to give him a reply when the rest of the Infinite members slid out of the van. Her eyes immediately found Dongwoo among the six boys walking towards the entrance of the building.

"Hello noona!" Sungjong greeted and it was then she reali

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter