twelve; healing the heartbroken one

This Ain't Magic, This is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the past five days, Rina noticed Dongwoo was down and unhappy. And she knew why he was being like that. The man was awfully heartbroken because Minjoo decided to just be friends with him. Rina felt guilty somehow. It was because of her brother why Dongwoo was hurt. Not that she was blaming her brother. She just kind of feel bad about everything. Minjoo and Dongwoo were good together...until Jongkyu appeared in the picture.

Poor, Dongwoo. She can't help but think about it.

But then she decided...what if she'll ask him to go on a picnic with her to ease his pain away? She wanted to do that. She wanted him to be happy and forget everything. She missed the jolly and cheerful Dongwoo she had first met.

"Yup, I'm going to invite him." She mumbled to herself.

That day, Rina found him leaning against the wall staring in space with a diet coke in his hand. He didn't even notice her approaching his way. She cleared , but still he was immobile. He didn't turn his head or anything. "Dongwoo-ah?" She cocked her head, looking at him. But still no response. Leaving no choice, she put her hand on his shoulder. The contact caught her off guard. She didn't expect such contact would make her heart beat faster than ever.

She immediately pulled her hand back, the same moment Dongwoo finally blinked and looked at her. "Oh, Rina-yah. Hello." He fixed a smile.

Ignoring the odd feeling, she looked at him worriedly. "Is something wrong? You seem too preoccupied." She told him.

"Oh, it's just nothing." He was lying. She knew of course that he was just faking it.

"I know what happened..." She started. He looked at her and flashed a sad smile.

"So I guess I don't have to tell you anything.." He muttered softly.

She smiled at him as she patted his back, two pats actually because there goes the odd feeling again. "Things will get better, don't worry. Minjoo isn't just for you, Dongwoo-ah." She told him.

"I know." He said without looking at her. He was toying with his diet coke by shaking it. "I already knew it. Minjoo is not for me. She's for someone else. I'll get through this, I know. Thanks for the worry, Rina-yah."

She smiled at him. "Maybe we should hang out together, you know."

"What do you mean?" He asked her with a frown on his face. But she could see that smile on his lips. "Hang out where?"

She chuckled. "To make you forget everything, at least for a moment. Um...I want to heal your broken heart." She shyly and softly added the last sentence.

He laughed. "I'm okay, don't worry."

"Don't be such a kill joy." She told him. "Don't you want to taste my Grilled Marinated Beef and Black Bean Paste Rice Mix? I've made it only for you. But if you don't want it, I could just give it to your members instead."

Dongwoo grinned. "Oh so you do know what is my weakness huh?"

"Not really." She grinned sheepishly at him.

"Are you blackmailing me with food? Because it's actually working." He said and she laughed. It looks like Dongwoo has been okay despite his wounded heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter