Star Down

Fate? Yeah, right...

Star Down was a reality, where idol formed teams and competed against each other. As the name of the show suggested, every week one team was eliminated, if a team could survive in the show for a month, they left with a special reward. The scores, which defined whether a team should stay or not were formed by the voting of both judges and viewers and the team with the lowest score had to leave. Newcomers were given immunity for the first week.

It was uncommon for someone like Niya to enter the show, but since many people requested it... KBS had nowhere to go. After all they got their money from the very same people.

It was decided Kyuhyun and Niya will take part in the show for the first time on 24th September, they had about a week to prepare something. That was the reason why they were both sitiing in a small studio in the SM building, hovering over different ideas.

"Kyuhyun-ssi, we should kill them all from the very first day right?"

Kyuhyun scratched his head.

"Yeah..." Their first performance was crucial and he couldn't just rely on how popular he was to win. The audience of the show was various and many good singers took part in the competition. Some of them more popular than him.

"By the way, Niya-ah, I told you already to drop the formalities. We are going to work together for more than a month and meet on regular basis. I want us to be comfortable with each other, OK?"

He smiled again with his how-could-he be-so-innocent smile and Niya found it hard to breathe for a moment.

"Y-yes."

He leaned closer.

"Try."

"I actually have an idea, Kyuhyun oppa." He smiled again and leaned back on his chair.

"I'm listening."

WOW!!! How could he switch from ChildishKyu to PresidentKyu in a matter of seconds?

Niya set her eyes on her fidgeting fingers without seeing them for real, she just wanted to avoid his eyes.

"I've had this idea for quite a long time... hm... ever since I heard the song maybe... what do you think of turning Promise You into a duet?"

"Promise You? Like in KRY's Promise you?"

She nodded.

Kyuhyun jumped up from his chair and lifted her as well, spinning her around the room.

"WHOA! Niya-ah, you are a genius!"

She screamed and he let her down, realizing his actions were a bit... inappropriate. However when her feet touched the ground she didn't let go. She held on to him, her eyes shut close.

Kyuhyun panicked.

"Yah! Niya-ah? Are you alright?"

Her breathing was shallow and she barely managed to whisper:

"My ribs... you... idiot..." Oh... right... she hasn't recovered completely.

He took her in his arms and sat on the ground, positioning her to lie down comfortably in his arms. Slowly her breaths steadied and she opened her eyes. She was pale and he could see it still hurt a lot. How could I be so stupid?

"You are not stupid, you just didn't know and were excited." He looked at her shocked. "You said it out loud." A faint smile appeared on her lips. "I was supposed to have recovered already, but I tried to speed up the process and ended up breaking my ribs again."

Kyuhyun shook his head and ruffled her hair.

"Can you stand up now?"

"Yeah... I'm fine already."

Since that day Fated, as their team was made by the PD, became much closer.

 


The day of the broadcast came. Kyuhyun and Niya were supposed to come out last. One by one the teams performed. Niya was pacing backstage, her hands beginning to tremble more and more by the minute. Kyuhyun looked up from his phone.

"Niya-ah, stop it! This isn't your first performance, right?"

She inhaled and sat on a chair next to him.

"It's the first without my members." Well, that was something Kyuhyun could understand. "Before... I could not afford to panic. As the leader I had to be strong for all of them... now... I feel lost." Her head dropped.

Kyuhyun rested his arm on her shoulders and leaned closer to her.

"I am you team now." he almost whispered. Niya looked up to him and smiled, her eyes welling up. "It's gonna be alright, partner."

A coordinator found it necessary to open the door of the waiting room just now and call them to get ready. They got up and headed to the stage, hand in hand.

 

The cheers from the audience hit them like a tidal wave as they took their place. The lights were dimmed apart from one pointing at them. Kyuhyun was in a white shirt and black pants, while Niya wore a white knee-long dress with a black ribbon on her waist. They picked their outfits as simple as possible, as they wanted the viewers to focus on the song more. 

Niya met Kyuhyun's eyes as the into began and felt her chest loosen up. It's gonna be alright.

 

While seeking unchanged things, we’ve walked in the changing seasons.
Always we came along together holding our hands.
I could passed the days I wasn’t sure without losing a way thanks for you,
and I could stay strong anytime.
Even though much scenery might be changed in our future, we won’t be changed.

Promise you. I will live thinking of you. We are the one from heart to heart.
Promise You. What I want to tell is just “I love you”.
I will promise the piece of eternity.

We’ve had many little quarrels. We also had some days apart each other.
But each time, it reminded me that I need you.
When you have difficulties, I want to be the first man who gives you a hand.
Let me stay beside you.

Even if we repeat parting or encounter,
let’s stay next to one another.

Promise You. I want to protect you in my whole life, my heart is hot
(and being full of love??)
Promise You, what I want to send you is just “I love you” with never changed love.

If tomorrow is covered with darkness and there is no way,
you need not to be afraid. Unless you leave my hand,
we can go anywhere.

Promise you. I will live thinking of you. We are the one from heart to heart.
Promise You. What I want to tell is just “I love you”.
I will promise the piece of eternity.

I will promise the piece of eternity.

 

Their voices blended perfectly and left the audience in awe. As the last notes sounded out, Kyuhyun wrapped her in his armes and kissed her forhead.

 

A part of her wanted to scream 'HEY! THAT'S NOT HOW WE PLANNED IT!', but the other part just wanted this moment to last longer.