Too late

Fate? Yeah, right...

Niya stood on the rooftop and watched the cold January sunset. Six months...

Six months after he...

The weird thing was she wasn't angry at him anymore. She could guess he was really disappointed in her and that's why reacted the way he did. After all he wasn't famous for his ability to handle anger.

But she didn't dare to approach him.

Not after all she did to keep him away.

 

Not after the way she treated him.

 

I feel so cold on the inside. Just like the concrete I can touch here. My heart radiates cold.

 

I am frozen.

 

Frozen inside.

 

She remebered how Kyuhyun would always come and save her from herself. But now he was away.

Because I pushed him away.

It's my fault.

As always.

 

For the first time in six months she let her tears fall. 

 

 


HyoJin was more than happy. The man she sent did a good job creating the scandal. He was serving now time in prison for ual harrasment but that was nothing new for him.

The most important thing was that her plan worked. Not the way she expected it, but it worked. Niya and Kyuhyun were in bad terms now and it was her chance.

Slowly she started approaching Kyuhyun. She made everything possible to earn his trust. Gradually she became a part of his group of friends.

Then step by step she found opportunities to stay alone with him and show him she was interested in him

 

However...

 

He didn't seem to notice her at all.

 

Even then he still had eyes only for that *****.  She was giving him her best smiles and he was turning his attention to the passing Niya. She was complimenting him and he didn't even register her.

 

Day by day her rage was growing.

 

It was time to do something.

 

 


 Kyuhyun was standing in front of the recording studio waiting for Ryeowook to come out, when HyoJin came again. He rolled his eyes. This girl obviously didn't get his hints to go away.

At first  he thought she was sincere, but Victoria had warned him she didn't trust her at all. And he trusted Victoria, so...

He just let her blabering pass his ears and nodded a few times. Where was Niya now? 

He looked around and saw her coming out of the elevator. HyoJin turned too and saw her, then she turned to him and what she said flustered him so much he stood frozen for a couple of seconds.

"Oppa, thank you for your confession. I like you too." She leaned in to kiss him. 

His eyes though remained glued on Niya, who paled even more. He pushed HyoJin away and hurried to the girl.

Niya looked in his eyes for the first time in so many months and he saw her tearing. She held her gaze on him as if to ask if the things she saw were true or not. Kyuhyun didn't know what to say. Right now he hated HyoJin more than ever. Luckily his old friend came to a rescue.

"What? HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!" Victoria's laugh rang around the empty hall. "He has never had such feelings for you HyoJin-ah. Did you have a dream or something?"

The latter glared at her, but F(x)'s leader wasn't someone to get scared by that.

Her own scary glare pierced through HyoJin as she asked:

"Are you not feeling well, HyoJin-ah?" 

Gracia's leader stormed out and Victoria turned her attention to the Fated couple. 

"It's time that you talk this trough dongsaengs." Her eyes stopped at Niya and turned softer. "Please, let him talk."

She gave a small and hesitant nod and looked at her feet as Victoria walked away.

 

 


They were now sitting in her apartment. Kyuhyun drove her there so that they would be able to talk without being disturbed. The ride was silent and awkward.

Niya had still her gaze glued to the ground and she didn't dare to look up, because she was sure she was going to burst in tears. At the beginning she was the victim, but now she felt like she had become the beast, the monster in the story. She didn't know how to face him after she refused to forgive him for months even though he had always been good to her except for once.

Kyuhyun came in the living room holding two glasses of water and put them on the table. He sat next to her on the couch and without warning hugged her.

Niya felt her heart racing.

"After this, hate me for eternity if you want, but please let me finish first."

It was now or never.

"I am really sorry, Niya-ah, for acting like that, for calling you those terrible things... for not trusting you."

 

Hot water drops fell on her shoulders.

 

Hot water drops ran down her face.

 

"I know this is no excuse, but... I want to explain why I acted this way... I...

I...

...I...

        I love you, Niya-ah...

 

.. and seeing this man trying to court you... kissing you... I... I was beyond myself in anger and I didn't even want to hear your explanation. I thought I knew what happened."

She was dumbfounded.

Kyuhyun took her face in his hands.

"I know that what I did is unforgivable, but... thank you for giving me chance to explain."

Niya finally found her voice when he tried to get up.

"Wait..."

He sat down and looked at her. This was her first word to him for such a long time.

"I... What I did is unforgivable too, Kyuhyun-ssi..."

"What's with the formalities?" Kyuhyun was suddenly angry. "I thought we are friends!"

Niya bowed her head.

"I don't deserve to be your friend, Kyuhyun-ssi, I have turned into a monster." She choked on her tears. "I don't recognize myself anymore!"

The man couldn't believe his own ears. Is that why she was keeping herself away from him?

"Idiot." He made her look up to him. "I love you and I can't stand you being away from me. You are not a monster. You were just hurt and it's my fault. Give me a chance to fix this. Give me a chance to make you fall for me."

"Too late." Kyuhyun felt a stabbing pain, but then he saw her small smile. "I've already fallen for you."