017 - Life Saver

Believe



As Hwa-Young entered her house, She heard a noise that come from her room, She placed her bag on the floor slowly while her eyes keep locking with the sounds, As she walk closely to her room, she heard her parent were talking about something. She can’t hear it clearly, she knows she shouldn’t act like a Spy on her parent, but she can’t hold it. She lean her ear against the door, her eyes wondering a lot when she heard her parent talking about her.
“We need to make Hwa-Young remember about her past…”
“No. I’m not trying to hate her, but she need to …. A woman came to our house, I believe she knows Hwa-Young. She asked me to bring Hwa-Young away ---
Hwa-Young eyes widen hearing someone knew her, but who? Her real mother? She thought. Hwa-Young kind can felt a disappointed feelings inside her, she can’t believe Mrs. Park dare to say something like that.
“I’m just a burdensome for them. I should regain my memory back. “She told herself and moves herself far from where her parent was.
She went out with her school uniform, It was midnight, Silence night. Her minds keep playing on what her mother said earlier. She didn’t really pay her attention on the road, her real family leaves her alone and never meets her anymore. Hwa-young passed an alley and went straight to a bench in front of her.

Kai was driving, His mind was miserable. All he can think is how weak he is, escaping from others. His Mother called him many times, yet he’s still stubborn. He doesn’t like people who disturb him, he knows his mother I worried about him but he doesn’t like it. He feels like want to stay away from his family and live freely from his grandmother. That’s right, people adore him but he don’t like that much of attention, He just want to be treat like anyone else. He want his childhood life, Where he can play with anyone and can cry everywhere … anytime, not now, His grandmother controlled him, His grandmother didn’t let Kai cried easily or hangout with anyone except his friends, EXO K the worst thing is whenever Kai mention about his cousin, Kevin his grandma get mad. 
He stopped his car aside, He can’t stay calm if he’s still thinking about his life. He rested his head on the steering while his both hand on his forehead.

 

A bunch of man realizes Hwa-Young passed their alley, one of them whose wearing a long coat raised his eyebrows to his other friend. They nodded and start smirking and followed Hwa-Young until she calmly sit on the bench. Kai was on the other side of the road, while Hwa-Young on the other road, they didn’t realizes they are close together. Hwa-Young tried her best to remember, sounds impossible. She sighed when she think she can remember if she want to remember.
“Hello there young lady. “ The man sits beside Hwa-Young.
Their thigh was touched.
Hwa-Young quickly take her crutch and stand up and moved away, the man didn’t take it seriously instead they start to plan something behind while watching Hwa-Young tried to escape.
“You can’t go anywhere Look at your left leg. “ They burst into laughter.

Hwa-Young stopped, she felt like going to cry because of that 2 words that can hurt her, Left Leg… That’s the most words she really sad to hear about herself. Almost everyone in her school call her “left Leg, “Or “pity left Leg. “

“Let’s have some fun tonight. You seem lonely. Where’s your parent? “
Hwa-Young didn’t answered instead she gave them a slight Bow she tried to escape from them but one of the man grabbed her hand making she stopped.
“Ex-Excuse me sir. “Hwa-Young tried again but the man won’t move.
“Why you didn’t answer us? Are you deaf?! “
Hwa-Young remain silence.
“Follow us.” He pull Hwa-Young making she fell on the ground.
Hwa-Young just stay silence, she picked her crutch and try to walk away “IT IS HARD TO FOLLOW US? “ He asked.
“You should go home, you’re drunk sir. “ Hwa-Young replied harshly. She can’t stand it. She’s not in a mood, besides she hate her life, She can’t remember anything and that left leg.
“What did you say?! “ The man yelled.

Kai raised his head when he heard someone was yelling from the other side, He move his eyes to that voice, He saw it. Kai finally saw it.
“What she’s doing there?! “ Kai quickly opened his car door but he stopped. “Should I help her? “ He asked himself.
“She’s just someone who wants attention. “ Kai stared at Hwa-Young. He stared at Hwa-Young for a sec.

Hwa-Young ignored the man and starts to clean her school’s uniform
“Are you ignoring me?! “He yelled again, He grab Hwa-Young’s arm and start to pull her out to follow them.
Hwa-Young tried to run but her Left leg is useless.
“Let me go. “ Hwa-Young told.
Hwa-Young need a shoulder to cry on, she was regretting about herself for being disabled and she can’t do anything to run away.
“Let her go. “ A voice stopped the man from pulling Hwa-Young to follow them.
Hwa-Young raised her head, looking to that voice.
“Wah. “ The man happily shocked.
“Do you know her? Kai-shi? “The man asked.
“Let her go before I do something on you. “Kai said in Get-over-it way.
“What if I don’t? Whoa, the richest man’s son is here, you can’t do anything. Media will take your photos and your family will be embarrassed because of your staidness.” The man laugh.
“What did you say?” kai pull his collar.
The man stares at kai in disgust. While his friend is trying to take a pictures of Kai.
It’s hard for Kai to do something on them, everyone know him. His grandma will be mad if seeing her grandson name as the heading of the newspaper.
“What are you thinking of? “ The man break thru Kai’s thought.
Kai eyes widen, He felt like he’s going to punch that him to let out his feelings earlier to that man.
He hand finally punch the man, He did it.
Yeap, the others are took his pictures.
Kai’s hate it when people took his picture without his permission, moreover strangers.
Kai throw another punch. But the last man is strong enough, He beat up Kai. He kicked him and throws him aside. Blood flows from his mouth, Kai didn’t give up easily instead he kicked him hard and punches him hard in the face. All of them fell and about to run but stopped by Kai.
“If I saw one of you or any of you again hurting her, come to me first. “ Kai said.
He didn’t realize he’s over his limit.

Hwa-Young didn’t say anything but something bother her vision, the flashback finally came.

“Dad, help me. “
“She throws the broken glasses to my eyes. “
“Dad, I didn’t lie. She did it. “
“Dad, My eyes…. “

“Hwa-Young?” Kai lowered himself and looked at Hwa-Young.
Hwa-Young still stuck in her vision, she doesn’t know what’s happening.
“Young-ah?” Kai finally called her with his calm voice.
Kai started to worried, He watch Hwa-Young for a minutes but Hwa-Young still didn’t answered him instead she’s crying.
“Are you hurt?” Kai pull Hwa-Young’s arms and check if any wound on her arms.
“Your leg?” Kai asked.
Kai didn’t care anymore around his surroundings. He was too busy asking Hwa-Young if anything happened.

“Don’t come to me. “ Hwa-Young moved her hand away after she realizes a man in front of her holding her arms.
“It’s me Kai. “ Kai tried to calm her down.
Hwa-Young looked at him in the eyes, they eyes met. “I’m here. “ Kai said. Kai didn’t know why his mouth said like that, He doesn’t want to say that to Hwa-Young but it’s beyond his control, he was too worried.

“H-h-help me... “Hwa-Young fell on Kai arms.
Kai eyes widen. He paused, “Hwa-Young? “ He asked.
“Hwa-Young?” He shakes Hwa-Young arms But Hwa-Young didn’t move.

Kai started to lift her, he don’t want to waste his times, He don’t want people recognize him or misunderstood him with Hwa-Young.
He lifts Hwa-Young to his car and drove away to the nearest hospital.
He drives the car faster than before.
Arrive there, he quickly called the nurse and told to bring Hwa-Young to the emergency room. His hands were shaking.
“Kai. Why are you so worried? “He whispers.

Kai’s fear suddenly kicked himself, He quickly entered the hospital and paused for a while.  He bend over, His hands on his knees desperate catching his breath. He stared at the room where Hwa-Young was; the doctor was busy checking Hwa-Young. He look around, everyone was wondering why he was bleeding and look panicked.
 He ignored the people and calms himself by lean himself against the wall, making him seat. He touches his bracelet and closed his eyes. The bracelet was a gift from Luhan on their childhood times, Luhan got one also, and both of them are still wearing the bracelet even though they hate each other. Whenever they felt lonely they always touch the bracelet or play with it. But for Kai, He touches it when he’s afraid of worry.
Kai took out his phone and dialed someone number, Kai asked that someone to come to the hospital as soon as possible.
Kai waited for an hour for the doctor to come out, He still there waiting for the doctor.

“Kai! “ A voice wake Kai from his though.
Kai weekly stand up, he about to fell but Chanyeol hold him tight.
“What’s wrong? “ Chanyeol asked.
“What’s wrong with your face? “ Chanyeol looked at him.
Kai weekly answered “Hwa-Young is inside. “ He walks away in his unbalance body.
“Hwa-Young?” Chanyeol looked to the glass’s door where Hwa-Young was laying into, with a some wires connecting to her head.

Chanyeol eyes widen, He move his gaze to Kai who sitting hopelessly wiping his blood from his mouth.
His coat was ed, his hair was messy, and His tie is not perfectly neat, he s his sleeve and hit his thigh hard leaving Chanyeol puzzled.
Chanyeol move himself and sit beside Kai, He slowly ask Kai what was happening earlier on both of them.
“I need your help. “ Kai said slowly. It’s hard for him to open his mouth.
“Tell Hwa-Young’s mother she’s with her friends, she will be home tomorrow. “ Kai told Chanyeol.
“Why?” Chanyeol asked.
“I’ll tell you later, Sorry for bothering you, and don’t tell anyone about this. “ Kai said as he leaves the seat and went to see Hwa-Young from the glass.
“Are you okay? “ Chanyeol followed Kai.
Kai nodded. “Sorry for calling you in this time, you can go home no need to worry. She will be fine. “Kai said as he looked at Hwa-Young.
Chanyeol only nodded and run, he didn’t know what happened but he knows Kai really meant it, and Kai know what’s better.

Hour Of waiting, the doctor finally came out, Kai quickly stand up and go directly to the doctor. “What happened to her why --
“Kim Jong In? “He shocked. “What are you doing here?” the doctor asked.
“You know her? “ The doctor asked.
“What happened to her? “ Kai repeated ignoring the doctor’s questions.
“I will come here in 10 minutes, we need to check something form other hospital. “ The doctor told “You can visit her, don’t talk too much with her. “ He forces a smile.


Kai started at her front door and paused, Hwa-young was looking on the other side, “Are you okay?” kai asked as he placed himself on the chair beside Hwa-Young’s bed.
Hwa-Young slowly turn her head to the voice was, It’s Kai.
“Ka-I “she shocked.
“What do you want to eat?” Kai asked.
He’s kind, his heart is full with warmth. That’s right he didn’t smiled, but his voice, his voice really describe what he was feeling that time.
“… Your mouth  ...  ... “Hwa-Young stared at kai.
Kai shocked, “huh?” he wipe the blood with his coat
“oh yeah its fine, the doctor already checked it. “He lied.
“I’m so sor--
“It’s Okay. “He cut.

“Kai-shi, Sorry for disturbing, Can you follow me for a minutes? “The doctor earlier asked Kai.
“Sure. “Kai flashed a small smile to Hwa-Young and follow the doctor.
Hwa-Young didn’t smile, she was worried about Kai, and she just bowed to Kai.
“He must be hurt. “ Hwa-Young watched Kai as his vision leave the room.

“Kai-shi, I need to know about your relation with her, because this is important for her. “ The doctor pushes a hot coffee to Kai.
“What is it?” kai asked.
“Just tell me, I can’t tell you what’ our relation. “ Kai’s back to Cold Kai.
“It seems that she regain her memories slowly, But she need to be very careful because her brain ---
“What?” kai shocked.
“Can you tell me one by one? What’s wrong with her? She lost her memories?”
“As I know she’s a patient from another Hospital in Seoul. I already ask the doctor that cured her and he said he can’t tell About Hwa-Young to anyone because her family set it to private. But as I know she doesn’t have a family. “
“Anyone can’t set it to private except if her family is a very important person, “kai wondered.
“I felt that way either, I bet there’s someone behind that. “The doctor joins Kai.
“Can you find out who set it to private? Find it for me and don’t tell anyone about this. “Kai told.
“Okay. “The doctor nodded.
Kai know it, it’s impossible for Hwa-Young family to set it private, it’s just impossible for kai.
“Can you tell me what her problem is? “ Kai asked.
“Why she seem she remembered something? I saw she did that for two times. “
Kai still remembered on the day Hwa-Young outside the dance room weeks ago.
“Do you know she have a brain cancer? “The doctor asked.
“What? “Kai shocked.
“I didn’t know. “He added.
“She needs to be very careful next time, she can regain her memories anytime, and I’m worried about her brain. I’m afraid that her brain will be damaged if she keep regains her memories and playing with her minds. I assumed that next time please be slowly with her to regains her memories, her brain really can hold it if she put a lot of pressure into it. “
Kai shocked with that, he didn’t Know Hwa-Young suffered a brain injury and she lost her memories. He threatened Hwa-Young in A very Jerk Way. Kai feel very guilty at Hwa-Young.

“Did she remember her family?” Kai asked.
“All of that was set to private, I tell you on what we did on her earlier, we knew she had a cancer and she lost her memories by checking her brains earlier and that’s the problem, The hospital she were at said all about her are set to private. “
Kai sighed and leaned his back hardly.
“I also asked them when she’s out from the hospital also set to private. “ the doctor explained.
“Is there anything to cure her? Or regain her memories back?” Kai asked.
“That’s also the problem, we need to know what type of medicine she receives from the hospital that cured her earlier. We can’t cure her if the medicine is different, it will cause the brain. “The doctor explained.
“Is there you can do for her?” Kai throw a worried question from his mouth, the doctor know Kai is worried by hearing the way he ask. He never ask that type of question even when his grandma in the hospital.

After talking with the doctor, Kai knew a slice of Hwa-Young’s life. He already knew about Hwa-Young she lost her memories and suffered a brain injury.
He don’t know what’s he’s feeling deeply inside, he don’t want to cry or mad, he was surrounded by fears. Fears that he never felt before.
He stopped in front the window and stared at Hwa-Young, Hwa-Young was lonely, People may say she’s innocent, But how can she hid it form us? She lost her memories and trying to fit herself in her new life.

“I should read the diary; maybe I can help her to regain her memories. I know I’ll be hurt if I read the diary, but that’s the only thing I can do for her. “

Kai slammed the door, making Hwa-Young jumped a little.
“If you felt okay already you can go home. Here some tips for you. “Kai said and throw some moneys to Hwa-Young.

Kai, He’s back to cold. He even, he didn’t look Hwa-Young he just quickly leave the room and walk away.

I can’t hold my tears back, I can’t stand it, the more I look at  her the more I want to cry, I didn’t realizes I was crying just because of her. I don’t know what I’m feeling right now.