Back Together Again

Love IS Legal

“Have you finished telling them?” asked a voice.

All heads turned towards the direction of the voice. It was Jenny.

Mrs. Choi motioned for her to sit next to her. Jenny walked towards her mother and sat down on her lap and buried her face into her neck.

Everyone was in silence as Jenny sobbed into her mother’s neck.

Her father was the first to speak up. “Since they know about your condition, would you like to show them your scars?”

Jenny lifted her head up, wiped her tears and shook her head. “C’mon Jenny. It’s part of your healing process. You promised me that if anyone else found out you would show them. I may have broken my promise to you. But, are you gonna break your promise to yourself? asked Victoria.

“Okay.” She said in the softest voice. It was barely audible.

Victoria stood up and walked away to get something. Jenny got off of her mom’s lap and sat down normally. She always looked at her hands. She looked up at Mr. and Mrs. Ok. She saw their smiles and she knew that they wouldn’t judge her.

She looked to Nichkhun and saw his apologetic eyes. He mouthed “I’m Sorry” and she nodded to her as an acknowledgement that she had forgiven him.

She looked at Teacyeon and saw his face. He felt her stare and looked up. They both started into each other’s eyes. A tear had fallen from his left eye. But he didn’t wipe it away.

Jenny got up from her seat and walked to him. He never stopped looking at her. She knelt down and took out a tissue from her pocket and wiped away his tears. He stopped her hand from wiping any more tears. He looked her in the eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“I know.” She said quietly.

“You should hate me.” He said.

“Hating is against God’s will. I can’t hate you.”

He looked at her a bit surprised. She got up from the floor and sat back down leaning on her father. He father wrapped his arm around her and gave her a life hug.

(A/N: Use your imagination…to picture it)

“A—ppa.” She said breathless.

He let go from the hug and gave a nervous laugh. “Sorry. It’s just that I was afraid you would speak anymore.”

“I probably was gonna do that. But even if I did, I would’ve forced myself to speak.”

“What did you do in your room?” her mother asked.

“I prayed. I felt lost and unprotected. But once I prayed and let out my feeling, I felt at peace. And oce again protected.”

“That’s my daughter.” Her father said pulling her into a hug.

Victoria came back and handed her the little bottle and a few tissues. Jenny opened the little bottle and dapped a bit of the liquid onto the tissue. She took off her cardigan she had on and started to wipe away the make-up and spoke. “This make up doesn’t come off. It’s waterproof. That’s why you didn’t see it yesterday. It only comes off with this.” She said motioning to the bottle.

As she kept wiping her scars became visible. She had only 2 small scars on the upper level of her arm. But she kept wiping harder near her wrist. There you could see a long and wide scar.

“This is the scar I got when my parent’s caught me. I cut too deep that day and I lost a lot of blood. The doctors say it was a miracle that I’m still alive. I thank God every day for my life and for a second chance at life. *tears began to fall* I thank God that he gave such wonderful parents…Because without them showing up that night I wouldn’t be alive.” She got up from her seat and walked to Victoria and held her hand.

“I also thank God that I have Victoria in my life. She was always there for me helping through every step along with Ashley. Unnie I forgive you.” she gave her a hug and they both started to cry.

You can just feel the love from them. They truly are sisters.

“I love you unnie.” She said. “I love you too.”

After a minute they stopped crying and Jenny said on Vic’s lap. “Were you guys that worried I would cut myself again?”

“Yes.”

“I was scared I was going to lose my baby girl.”

“I blame myself for asking you two to leave.” Mr. Choi said.

“It’s okay appa. You and umma need your “alone time.” She said you air quotations.

“So that’s how it started.” Mr. OK said.

“Yes. That’s how all this happened.” Said Jenny while laughing. “I just hope it was worth it.” She said.

“NO! It’s was not worth seeing my baby girl cry. I will never have alone time again.” Said Mrs. Choi

“Yeobo!” yelled Mr. Choi “Aegi, no. Never again.” Said Ms. Choi with a demanding tone.

“Aish……………Let’s see how long you last.” Said Mr. Choi with a pout.

“Can we stop talking about ‘alone time’ between you two. It’s gross.” Said Jenny

Everyone nodded. But Taecyeon had a confused look.

“What did you mean by 63 buses?” He asked out loud.

“Oh that. I count buses when I run away. It clears my head. I said it so Vic unnie would know who many buses it took me before I decided to go home.”

“That’s the most it’s even been.” Victoria said looking down. Jenny took hold of her face, and made her look at her.

“Unnie, stop sulking. I’m fine now. Plus….you should turn that frown upside down.” Jenny said while pushing the end of her frown to form a smile.

Both girls started giggling.

“*stands up* Well, we better get going. I apologize for my boys’.” Mr. Ok said while bowing.

Jenny stood up as well. “No need. All is fine now.” She said.

Mr. Ok took hold of his wife’s hand and walked out with the Chois following behind. Victoria stood up and held Nichkhun’s hand and walked him out as well.

Jenny stood up but Taec was still sukling in his place. She sat down next to him. “Ummm, you should go.”

He nodded and stood up. Victoria and both of her parents had already left to their bedrooms.

“I’m really sorry.” He said.

“I’s fine.” She said hoping he’ll feel better.

“No! It’s not. I hurt you. I made you cry.”

“Like I said, It’s fine…………………………………….But why?”

“Why what?”

“Why’d you do it?”

“I don’t know. I thought that if I pulled a prank on you we’d be closer. But that back fired.”

“Oh.” Was all she said.

He walked out and she stood by the door watching as he walked away. “Taec!” she called out for him.

“What my dad said…….you don’t have to watch over me. I don’t need it.”

“O-okay. If that’s what you want.”

“Thanks.”

He turned around and left.

 

 

Jenny POV

I closed the door. That’s not what I want. I just can’t be near you. If I’m near you I’ll do something stupid.

I carried my tired body to my room and got ready for bed. I showered and did my daily routine before going to bed.

I laid down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Now he knows. *sigh* Will he tell anyone? Will anyone else find out now? I’m not ready for the whole world to find out that me, the quietest girl, used to cut myself. It’s not embarrassing. It’s just that I’m not ready for the insults. I already insults for being a nerd. I don’t need “my peers” reminding me of my past.

I got my phone and started to text Ashley. I told her everything that happened. Once I finished telling all her replies came back in caps. She said she would come over but it’s pretty late and she’s too lazy to walk across the street. HAHA. My best friend is such a lazy .

I plugged my charger into the wall and put my phone to charge. I’m not sleepy. So much drama happened in just a couple of hours. I can’t sleep.

Okay Jenny, let’s count sheep……..1 sheep…2 sheep…3 sheep…4 sheep…….549 sheep. This isn’t working.

Maybe a glass of milk will help. I went downstairs into the kitchen and poured myself a  glass of milk. I warmed it up and drank it. I waited a while just staring at the kitchen………………nothing. Not tired.

Maybe a little walk around the neighborhood. I went upstairs and grabbed my hoodie. I popped it over and looked around for my slippers. I put them on. I went back downstairs into the kitchen. I got a small flashlight and my pepper spray. I’m not that stupid to walk around alone a night without some form of protection.

I grabbed my keys and phone and walked out. I started walking around and sat down in the bench in front of the small playground in the community. I walked to the section where the swing are. I love the swings. They’re my favorite.

I plugged in my earphones and started playing my “Bedtime Playlist”. The first song is Apologize by OneRepublic. I started swinging to the beat. I closed my eyes and felt the wind brush against my face.

 

 

Taecyeon POV

I walked back into my room and crashed on my bed. I wish I never pulled that prank. I thought she was just joking when she got a panic attack. I feel like such an . What makes it worse it that she forgave me. How can she? I haven’t forgiven myself. I probably never will.

She asked me not to watch over her. Should I follow her wish? Or should I not? I don’t want to because I want to protect her. I don’t want her crying like that ever again. It was too painful. But, on the other hand, she’ll be happy if I follow what she asked for. I’m just caught in the middle.

I left my room to go to our man cave. I left my phone charger there. I entered the room and grabbed my charger. The room feels so different. I look back at the door and I just see her…her tears. I turn around and notice a paper.

I pick it up and it’s the drawing of me. I took it in my hands and put it in my pocket. I entered my room and placed the drawing on my desk. I showered and changed into sweats and a tank. I laid down on my bed. Scenes from today kept flashing through my eyes. I see her drawing. I see her concentration. I grabbed the drawing and looked at it. She said my ears aren’t big. But they look really big in the drawing. She has a lot of talent. She got everything perfect. With just a bit of color, it’ll look life-like.

She said she drew it 2 summers ago. So, she’s had it since then. I remember that day perfectly. It was the day I first saw her. 

 

Flashback

I woke up with the sound of a truck. I guess someone is moving in. I got up and got ready.

I went downstair and ate a quick breakfast. I grabbed my cell and hopped into my car.

I’m so excited. It’s my one year anniversary with Tiffany. I completely love her. She’s just perfect.

She’s Korean too. That’s the how we met.

I walked into her house and was greeted by…no one.

She was supposed to be ready. I guess she’s still getting ready. Her parents probably left for work already. I waited downstairs for about 10 minutes. I grew impatient and walked upstairs.

Everything’s quiet. Really really quiet. I don’t hear any footsteps. I gently opened her bedroom and saw her.

She in bed……………….with a guy?!? “TIFFANY!” I yelled.

“*groans* huh?” She looked up and saw me. “Oh Hey honey.” She said. I looked next to her and that bastard is still asleep. She followed my gaze and gasped.

She grabbed and tank top and some shorts and stood up. “It’s not what you think.” She said.

“Not what I think? You slept with him. You cheated on me.”

“No. NO. I..I…..I” she said trying to think of an excuse.

“We’re done. Have a nice life with him.” I said walking out.

I heard a thump and I knew she fell crying. I don’t care. I loved her. I got into my car and drove away. I drove home and stopped at the lake in the middle. I got out and sat down.

I can’t believe this. She cheated on me. Was this the first time? Has thing been going on? Has she been cheating on me the whole time?

Whatever. I don’t care anymore. I looked around and my eyes spotted her.

Flashback Ends

 

Ever since that day I became more interested in her. I never spoke to her. She seemed too quiet. I observed her from afar. She never noticed anything. I found out her name. I learned a few of her likes and dislikes. I was so happy she became my neighbor. It made it easier for me to watch her. I grew myself more attracted to her. By the end of that summer, I learned her age. That was literally the worst day of my life. How can someone so beautiful be so young? She seemed so mature. I thought she was older. I thought she was just petite.. During that time she was about 5ft 1 inches. I was really wrong about that. She’s 15 now and she’s 5 feet 6 inches. She’s pretty tall now. With heels she would be the perfect height for me.

My thoughts kept running more and more about her. I replay the scene when she showed us her scars. I couldn’t believe it. How could someone so precious do that to herself? She must’ve been so broken during that time. How come I never noticed anything? She was so good at hiding it. I was hoping with me knowing that we would become closer but she asked me to watch over her.

I guess we’re back to square one again. At least she’s talking more.  That’s a good step. Step by step I’ll become closer to her. I wanna be the person she can go to when she’s sad. I want to be the person who makes her smile and laugh. The person who wipes away her tears. I just wanna stand by her side.

*knock knock* “Come in.”

“Yo. Are you okay?” asked Khun

“Not really.” I honestly answered.

“Why not?”

“Why? Are you seriously asking me that?”

“Sorry. I just think you should get over it. She forgave us. She gave us the bridge. Walk over it now. Why do you keep stopping?”

“Because I made her sad. I made her cry. I made her run away. I almost broke her.” I said my voice choking a bit.

“But, you didn’t. We’re lucky she’s better now.”

“But what if we weren’t lucky? What would have happened if she did that again? I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if she started cutting again.”

“Taec?”

“WHAT?!”

“Do you…..by any chance…..like her?”

“NO! Of course not! She’s too young. That’s illegal.”

“Oh my god. Taec……you like her!” Khun shouted

“NO I DON’T!” I shouted back

“Okay fine.” He sat down on the desk chair. “But what if she was 18? Would you like her then?”

“Of course…………….not.”

“Dude, I totally caught you.” Khun said with a smirk.

“Ugh” I said while laying back down.

“Don’t worry. I won’t tell anyone. You just better make sure no one else find out.”

“Why?”

“If someone else finds out…..it could be bad. Remember you’re a senior. She just recently turned 15. People will think wrong.”

“But you didn’t.”

“That’s because I know you wouldn’t hurt her.”

“But I did hurt her.”

“We didn’t know. It’s fine now. Get some sleep.” He said while walking out. He stuck his head back in. “By the way, you have good taste. She has a great body.” I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him.

I walked back to his room and I heard him laughing.

He’s not wrong, for a 15-year old, she had a great body. TAEC! Stop it! You can’t think of her that way!

 

 

Author POV

The rest of the weekend past by smoothly. It’s Monday morning and Jenny is getting ready for school. She woke up half an hour ago and she already showered. Right now she’s picking her outfit for the day. Once she picked it out, she went to the bathroom to do her hair.

She finished and walked past her wall mirror.

 

I look good. I went downstairs into the kitchen.

“Good morning honey.” Said umma.

“Morning.” I replied biting into an apple. “How are you feeling?” asked appa.

“Umm good I guess. I prayed this morning and I feel at peace.” I said honestly.

“Well that’s great. I’m proud of you.” said appa while patting my back.

“You want me to give you a ride to school?” asked Victoria.

“No that’s okay. I told Ashley what happened so I’m gonna fill her in. So we’re walking to school.”

“Okay. I have to leave now because the counselor set up a meeting about colleges.” Victoria said grabbing a granola bar. “BYE!”

“We better get going as well. Lots of meetings were scheduled today.” Said appa.

“We’ll be home late tonight. Your father and I are going on a date. Also Victoria will be on a date with Nichkhun. Will you be fine alone tonight?” umma asked.

“Yup. I’ll invite Ash over so I’ll be fine.”

“Great. See you tonight.” Umma said walking out the door with appa.

I looked around my big house. I need a pet. Maybe it will make the house feel less empty.

 

*beep*

I check my phone. It was a text from Ashley.

 

From: Ash :p

To: Jen :P

Come out. I’m here

 

I grabbed my backpack and walked out and was greeted by an annoyed Ashley.

“What took you so long?”

“Sorry. I was just thinking.” I said while walking on the sidewalk. “About what?” she asked me.

“The house feels empty. I might get a pet.”

“Cool……….Tell me about Taecyeon.”

“What’s there to tell?”

“I don’t know. Did anything else happen?”

“Nope.”

“Okay. Did you download the new One Direction song?” She asked me all jumpy. She’s a big fan.

“No. But I did download the SHINee song?”

“Shine what?”

“No one.” I said giggling. I need to introduce her to some KPOP.

We walked to school and parted ways. Sadly our homeroom is different. But we do have lunch, 4th and 5th period together. I saw her walk to some of her friends. She’s always been the type person to make friends easily. I envied that about her. I’m the shy one. I prefer being alone than being surrounded by other people.

I walked down the hallways and immediately the name calling started. No one knew about the name calling. Ashley doesn’t know, neither does Victoria. Especially my parents don’t know.

“Hey girls look. The mute has showed her face.” Said the leader Brittany. Her and her followers are all freshmans too. They’ve been calling me names since I could remember. I never did anything wrong to her. I don’t know why she does that. I guess her self-esteem is so low she needs to hurt other people so she can feel good about herself.

“You call that a face?” said Claire, one of the ‘followers’. They started laughing their weird hyena laughs. I just put on my earphones and tuned them out.

I entered homeroom and Ms. Jones started with attendance. Then came the morning announcements.

*bell rings*

I got up from my seat and headed towards 1st period. It’s English. I like that class. I walked in and sat all the way in the back. She started talking about some novel we’re supposed to start reading.

Then she started to give the lesson. I started taking down notes. I felt someone tap me and I turned around. The guy behind passed me a note.

“It’s from Brittany.” He whispered.  Great. What does she want?

I carefully opened it and read it.

Mute. Why don’t you talk? Is it because your stupid God gave you a horrible voice?

Maybe you should put a bag over your head because God made a mistake with you face.

You are just some geek. You will NEVER be anyone. You will die ALONE.

Do us all a favor and go back where you came from. No one wants you.

Xoxo B

 

I raised my hand. “Yes Ms. Choi?”

“Can I go to the bathroom?”

“Yes. Hurry back.”

I got up from my seat and exited the classroom with the note in my hand. I walked in the hallway and entered the nearest bathroom. I looked up into the mirror. I looked up at myself. I wiped away a tear that had fallen.

I’m a pretty tough girl but words still hurt. I washed my hands and left. I walked out of the bathroom reading the note over and over again. Is this really what people think of me? Am I really ugly? Does really no one want me around?

My thoughts kept going on and on…..

*bump*

“Oops. I’m so sorry.” I apologized to the person I accidently bumped in to.

“Jenny?” Please God don’t let it be the person I think it is. I looked up. My prayer was not answered. It was him.

He smiled at me.

Oh god. That’s the smile. The smile I always melt for. I always thought it would be his toothy smile that would make my heart flutter. But actually, it’s this one.

“How are you?” he asked me.

“Fine” I answered him. Okay that’s good. It’s a short yet honest answer.

“That’s good.” His eyes shifted from mine to my hand. Please don’t let him notice the note.

“What’s that?” Great. How do I answer him?

“A note.” That’s good. I’m not lying. It is a note.

“A note? Can I see?” OMG OMG OMG OMG

“Umm I prefer not.” I really don’t want him to read it.

“Why not?” Will he stop asking questions.

“If I show you, you have to promise not to speak of it to anyone.” I told him seriously.

“Yeah. Let me see. I’m really curious.” I handed him the note and waited for a response.

 

 

Author POV

Taecyeon read the note. He is completely shocked.

“Who wrote this?” he asked.

“Brittany Miller.” She answered him honestly.

“Why?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” She said looking at her feet.

“So that day you meant you know what it feels like to be called names……………you meant this?”

“Yup. Promise you won’t tell.” She begged.

“We have to tell someone. Who else knows that you’re being bullied?” he asked her.

“No one. Only you………..You have to promise me you won’t tell. If I tell the teachers or my parents it’ll make it worse.”

“Fine. I won’t say anything…..Are you okay?” he asked her genuinely concerned.

“Yeah. I don’t pay attention to it. I’ve been tuning them out for years now so it’s not that hard.”

“For years?!  How long has this been going on?”

“Pretty much since I moved here from Seoul.”

“WHAT?!?”

“I gotta get back to class.” She said walking away.

“WAIT!” She turned around. “Have lunch with me?” he asked her.

“Ummmmmmm”

“Ashley can come if that’ll make you feel better.” He said.

“Ummm okay. I’ll see you later.”

“Yaeah.”

 

 

Taecyeon POV

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said yes. I’m happy she accepted. Now I can protect her from any other bullies. I want to protect from Brittany. I want to protect her from the world. I want to protect her from herself. I just want to protect her. With me by her side, she won’t have to worry about anything.

“OPPA!!!!!!!!!” I know that high voice anywhere. I turned around and saw Satan’s mistress. Also known as Tiffany.

 

 


 

Hey readers,

Hope you enjoyed chapter 3.

I don't hate Tiffany, I just needed someone to play the evil ex.

Anyways, remember to comment.

Subscribers are always loved.

-J