One Last Tear

Love IS Legal

Hey lovely reader,

Here's another update.

I hope you like it.

Remember,

comments are always loved.

-J

 


 

Taecyeon POV

After I left Jenny's house I got in my car and parked it in my driveway. I walked out and leaned on the hood of the car.

What am I gonna do? She must hat me right now. I just ruined everything. Why did I have to get drunk and make that stupid bet? I hate myself right now? She must think everything is lies. I feel so stupid right now. Everything was just starting to look good for us, and me and my stupid self had to go and ruin it.

I hate the fact that she's probably questioning everything. Everything that happened. All of the feelings. I don't want her to question that. I want her to know that I love jer and that I wasn't just using her. I would never use her. I love her. I love everything about her. Everything litle thing....

Her eyes behind glasses.....

 

Her Hello Kitty obsession.....

 

Her love for books......

 

Just everything about her......

 

"What am I gonna do?" I asked myself.

Then, the most amazing idea hit me. I know for a fact that if I talk to her myself and butter her up with gifts she'll at least listen to my side of the story. I netter start my plan tomorrow morning. I have the rest of the week to get her back.

I guess it true what they say about Mondays. It's the worse day of the week.

 

 

Jenny POV

Eventually Titanic ended. Victoria unnie ended up leaving early because she has a date with Nichkhun. She offered to stay and help comfort me, but I rejected her offer. I'm not gonna let my misery ruin her chances of having fun. All I need right now is some Adele, a bucket of ice cream, and of course my bestie.

I checked my cell and saw that it’s 6:53 PM. Umma and appa should be home by I’ll just start crying again. I can’t try and show a strong image with red puffy eyes.

“Honey! We’re home!” I heard umma’s voice and appa’s lazy footsteps.

“Living room!” I shouted back.

They both walked in and dropped their bags before greeting us. I can’t help but notice the serious looks on their faces. Me and Ash looked at each other and we sat back down facing them.

“Care to explain why BOTH of you skipped class today?” asked umma in a serious tone but yet still keeping a model-like smile on her face. I guess now I know how she scolds her employees.

“Umm. Something happened.” answered Ashley. Thank God she answered. I’m still a bit emotional. One little trigger and it’ll be the Atlantic Ocean in here.

“What happened?” asked appa with a VERY serious tone and a VERY serious face.

“Me and Taecyeon had a… a fight.”

“What happened baby?” asked umma with a worried face.

“Umm……I don’t want to talk about it. Maybe later, or tomorrow. But for now, I want to be with Ashley. Is that okay?”

“Of course honey. But what about your father’s approval?”

“Forget it. Appa I’m sorry I pressured you into this. Please don’t let this affect your thoughts of him.”

“It’s okay.” He said

Me and Ashley excused ourselves and started to pack my things. While I was packing, she was already planning our whole night. This girl, I love her.

 

 

---Ashley’s House---

Author POV

Once the girls got home, the whole night was filled with smiles and giggles. They spent the whole night watching videos, answers magazine quizzes, and watching corny chick flicks.

Eventually Ashley’s parents came in and complained of all the noise and the girls decided to go to bed. Once they were all settled in bed, Ashley knocked out first. But Jenny was left with silence on the outside, but overfilling thoughts on the inside.

Why do I keep thinking about him? Why do I keep craving his presence? Ugh. Jenny! Get your head on straight! Forget about him! He’s not worth it!..........but why did he give me that poem? I just don’t get it. What is it supposed to mean? I wish I could read people’s brain so I would know what’s going on in that brain of his.

 

 

Jenny POV

I was awaken by my alarm. I looked at it and it’s 5:30 AM. Better get up now and shower before Ashley hogs it all.

I got up from bed and quickly gathered my clothes for today. I grabbed my toiletries and started my shower. About 5 minutes of being in the shower I hear groaning and I knew Ashley just woke up.

“Good Morning Babe!” I shouted from the bathroom. I heard her reply something that sounded like ‘Mornin’.

I got out of the shower and slipped into my outfit. When I walked out the bathroom Ashley eyed me from top to bottom. “You look cute. I’m gonna borrow that skirt.” With that she just walked away into the bathroom.

I stepped in front of her mirror and looked at my reflection.

  She’s right, I do look cute.

I started to fix her room because we left it a mess last night. I finished after a little while and so did Ashley. She looks amazing. Today, she’s going for the more edgy girly look. She totally rocks it.

 

We went downstairs and greeted her parents. We made a quick breakfast and left the house in a jiffy.

“Soo….how are you gonna approach Taec?” she asked me.

“I’m kinda hoping I don’t. I guess my plan for today is to avoid him.”

“Okay. Want me with you during lunch?”

“No thanks. I can handle it. I’ll just eat lunch in the cafeteria. That’ll be the last place he’ll think I be.”

“Good choice. I’m glad you feel better.”

“I don’t. I think I made a bad decision.”

“What are you talking about?”

“The voicemail……the second I saved it, I keep wanting to hear it. I keep thinking about him nonstop. I just wish none of this ever happened.”

“Don’t worry girly. Remember, sisters before misters.” I giggled hearing her say that.

“Thank you.” We hugged each other quickly and continued our walk to school.

 

 

Author POV

Once Jenny and Ashley walked in, all eyes were on them, specifically Jenny. Not one person in the whole school who did not know about the fight Taec and Noah had. What shocked everybody was the fact that Taec said he loved her.

This didn’t go through well through his fan club, especially Tiffany.

Both girls walked down the hallway and ironically there were no whispers. Just pure silence.

“Ashley!” shouted Luke when he spotted her. He quickly made it to the girls and greeted them.

“Um…let’s go. I wanna show you something.” he said to Ashley.

Ashley looked at me with worried eyes. “Are you okay by yourself?” she asked me.

“Yeah, I’ll just go to my locker and waste time in the library.”

“Alright. I’ll see you later.” With that, she turned around and walked away hand in hand with Luke. They look so cute together.

 

 

Jenny POV

I wonder if me and Taecyeon would’ve looked like that?

Ugh! Jenny, forget him! I know it’s hard, but we can’t be someone’s toy.

I walked towards my locker. These whispers are starting to irritate me. Is that her?.........OMG it is her!...... I can’t believe she was the girl Taec risked suspension for………..Thank God he didn’t get suspended……….I know, we wouldn’t be able to see him for a week……..I would literally die.

I stood in front of my locker and saw a lollipop.


“What is this?” I asked myself. This is the first time this ever happened to me. It’s just like that drama Dream High. But no one here would know about that.

Except………………………………him.

“He thinks a little lollipop will get me to forgive him? He is horribly mistaken.” I took the lollipop and pondered whether I should throw it away. A part of me wants to keep it only because it’s the first locker gift I have ever gotten. But another part of me is more logical; my brain. It keeps telling me to just throw it away and forget about him.

I made a decision and walked towards the girls bathroom. I entered a stall and stuffed the lollipop in my backpack. I walked back out and wiped my hands as if I actually threw it away. No one will know. It’s a secret between me and my conscious.

I walked towards the library and greeted the librarian. She’s so nice.

I walked towards the romance section, like I always do, and searched for a good book to accompany me during this time in my life. I’ll need all the distractions I can get. I know I’m better of choosing a mystery book, but I can’t help it. I love romance novels. Hopefully they’ll show me what a true gentleman is supposed to be.

I glided my pointer finger across the books skimming through all of them. A few of them caught my attention and I took them to one of the rounded tables.

I opened the first page and saw a sticky note on the first page. It’s a picture of Snoopy saying “I miss you.”

Gosh, it’s so cute. I removed it from the book and saw there was writing on the back of it.

 

Dear, Jenny

I hope I chose the right book.

I came to school really early to look through

These books and figure out which one

You would choose.

There’s no other way to say this,

I’m sorry.

 

-Taec

 

OMG! How did he know I was gonna get this book? Is he psychic? This is really creepy……yet so thoughtful.

NO! NO! NO! This not thoughtful! It’s creepy!

I decided to just leave the note in the book. When I went to get check it out, I looked at the clock. 10 minutes ‘til class starts. Better hurry up.

I left the library and quickly made my way to first period, Algebra.

When I walked in, the teacher wasn’t there yet. Teachers these days, do they own any clocks.

I noticed a group of students huddled around my desk. Why would they be there? What’s so great about sitting in the back of the class?

I made my past the group and saw a silver vase with pink flowers in it, and a giant Hello Kitty plush doll sitting on the seat.

 

 

*bell rings*

I quickly made my way to my desk and placed the flowers and Hello Kitty behind me. The teacher started with the lesson but the only thing I can think about was him and his cuteness.

I guess I can’t hate him. Since I’m such a nice person I decided to give him a chance to explain himself. When the teacher stepped out of class to receive a few papers, I took my chance and took out my phone.

I decided to text him.

To: Mr. Horse Elephant <3

From: Hello Kitty <3

Hey I decided 2 give u a chance 2 explain….meet me on the roof @ lunch

 

Almost immediately I got a reply.

 

To: Hello Kitty <3

From: Mr. Horse Elephant <3

Thank you……………I really miss u…….did u get the gifts?

 

To: Mr. Horse Elephant <3

From: Hello Kitty <3

The lollipop? Sticky note? Flowers? Giant doll? Yes I got them……….y did u give me them?

 

To: Hello Kitty <3

From: Mr. Horse Elephant <3

2 get u 2 4give me……..did it work?

 

To: Mr. Horse Elephant <3

From: Hello Kitty <3

I dnt hate u anymore………lyk I said b4…..im givin u a chance 2 explain…..g2g

 

To: Hello Kitty <3

From: Mr. Horse Elephant <3

Thank you :)

 

His text made me smile…..a bit.

The teacher came back in and continued with the lesson.

Did I make the right decision by giving him a chance to explain?

 

 

Taecyeon POV

I’m so happy she’s giving me a chance to explain. My plan with the gifts actually worked! I’m so happy right now! I keep smiling like an idiot. But I guess that’s what happens when you’re in love.

 

“Yo Taec, why are you smiling?” asked Khun

“Because my plan worked.” I said with a giant grin.

“What plan?”

“I left gifts for Jenny and she’s giving me a chance to explain.”

“That’s great. I hope things turn out well.”

“Yeah, me too.”

Thought filled my head, Is she still mad? Has she forgiven me yet? What am I gonna say when I meet up with her? Did she get my voicemail? Will we have a chance to get back together?

 

 

 

---Lunch Time---

Author POV

Both Taec and Jenny left 3rd period with thought in their heads. Both of their classes are in opposite sides of the school. The rooftop is their midpoint.

Jenny got their first, and after a while Taec showed up.

“Hey” he said walking towards her.

“Hi”

“So…umm….”

“Explain.”

“Umm okay. Well first things first, I truly am very sorry. If I made you feel betrayed and hurt I am so sorry. I never meant for you to find out this way. I honestly didn’t know if I was ever gonna tell you about the bet. I am so sorry and you have every right to hate me.”

“I don’t hate you.” She said not making eye contact. If I look in those eyes, I’ll fall all over again.

“You don’t?”

“No……continue.”

“Well, it all started when I broke up with Tiffany. I was so depressed, I turned to alcohol. During summer I got drunk with my friends. I don’t remember anything that happened that night. Time passed, and randomly the guys asked me if I had found a girl yet. I was so confused, they explained to me what happened and apparently I promised to myself and to all of them, that I’ll find a girl who’s a , and sleep with her. Apparently my drunken mind came to the conclusion that if I ‘popped a girl’s cherry’, she wouldn’t leave me. And if I didn’t they guys could take my car. I didn’t believe them at first. But they recorded me talking. They’re blackmailing me.”

“Okay….” She said with her eyes started to get watery “how did you choose me?” she asked while choking up.

“Like I had told you before, I saw you that night I broke up with Tiffany. From that night on, I watched you from afar. I admired you from afar. The night they guys told me about the bet, I saw you walking home with Ashley. It just made me think. Now, I have the courage to actually go up to her and talk to her. I knew you were a faithful girl so I never had any doubts about that. I hoped that once we would become serious, they guys would find it in their hearts to forget about the bet.”

A tear managed to escape her eye, but she wiped it away before you spoke again. ”Okay. Now that I hear you explanation, I can tell you’re very sorry. So………I forgive you.”

“You do?” he asked shocked.

 

“Yes.”

“Are we together again?”

“I honestly don’t know.”

“Can I help you figure that out?” he asked. She nodded.

He walked towards her and held her chin. He made her look into his eyes.

No! Not his eyes! Why do I feel like chocolate melting?

I missed those beautiful brown eyes.

He slowly leaned in and he kissed her.

Her thoughts were going crazy, Ugh! I don’t know what I’m supposed to believe. Do I give in? I don’t know. His kiss is so sweet I can’t help but melt under his touch. I finally made a decision……………..Where I belong is with you….

She finally gave into the kiss and closed her eyes, but not without letting one last tear fall free.