In the Beginning...

Love IS Legal

Jenny POV

Taecyeon was driving and we were in silence. I didn’t say a word because I feel like if I say anything, I will wake up from this dream.

*chuckles* I look to my left and Taecyeon is laughing. “You are very quiet.” Well of course I’m quiet, you’re here you idiot.

I don’t say anything. Am I supposed to answer to that statement? Should I answer? Maybe I’ll say something stupid. I guess I better not answer.

He looks at me as if waiting for an answer. But I just keep staring at him not responding.

Eventually he just turns away and focuses on the road. Darn, Jenny you ruined it. Now he’s bored of you. Great job Jenny. You’ll definitely become his friend now.

 

 

Author POV

After a couple more minutes, they reach their homes. Jenny was about to walk out when…

“Don’t. Wait here.” Said Taec.

He runs around the car and he opens the door for her. Jenny walked out and keeps her head down.

“Thanks.” She says softly but loud enough for him to hear and she walks away.

“Jenny!” She turns around. “Umm….” He stars walking towards her but he almost trips on a rock.

*giggles* He looks up at her.

“You should laugh more often. It’s cute.” He says.

Jenny looks down and pushes a strand of hair behind her ear trying to hide her rosy cheeks.

“Ummm…I’ll see you tomorrow.” He says. She just nods. “Well…..bye.”

She walked away and entered her house.

 

 

Taecyeon POV

She’s really quiet. I wish she would talk to me more. Nothing would make me happier. I just wish she would be comfortable with me. I think I have a little crush on her. Nothing big. It’s just….I feel there’s more to her than meets the eye. I guess I’m attracted to her because she’s different. She’s mysterious. Taecyeon, remember she’s a freshman. If you get too close to her it will give off the wrong idea.

I entered my house and saw best friend/brother Nichkhun sitting on the couch watching TV.

“Yo Taec”

“What?”

“Did I just see you with Jenny?” he asked. How do I answer this?

“Ummm…no.” I said. Let’s hope he believes it.

“I saw you with her.” He says. Dammit. I sit down with him.

“Why were you with her?” he asks.

“How do you even know her name?”

“When I’m hanging out with Victoria, she’s there.  I talked with her. She’s really cool.” WHAT?

“You talked with her?” I asked him completely shocked. All this time he was friends with her and I never knew. How can this be?

“Yeah……Are you jealous?” he asked.

“NO!” I quickly said a bit louder than I intended to.

“Sure” he said not believing it. “Well I’m out.”

“Where are you going?”

“To the gym. You coming?”

“Uhh yeah. Just give me a minute.”

I changed quickly and left for the gym with Nichkhun.


 

 

Jenny POV

I walked into my house and set my backpack on the floor.

“Unnie! I’m home!” I yelled.

I went into the kitchen and saw her cutting up some fruit. I sat down at the breakfast nook and started eating some of the fruit.

“How was your day?” she asked me.

“Interesting.”

“What happened?”

“Taecyeon gave me a ride home from school.” I said with my mouth full of fruit.

“WHAT?!?” She yells with the knife still in her hand.

“VICTORIA! Put down the knife!” I yell back. If she gets any more excited it will be the death of me.

*giggles* “Mianhe…….*sets the knife down* Taecyeon gave you a ride home?” she asked me shocked.

I nodded my head. “We’re both in the Poetry club.” I tell her.

“Oh….But why did he give you a ride home?”

“I don’t know. He saw me walking and said that he could drive me since we’re neighbors…I said no, but he insisted. He dragged me into his car.”

“Jeongmallyo?”

“Yup.”

“Wow.”

“So…how has your first week of high school been treating you?” she asked.

“What are you? My mother?” I asked teasingly.

“YAH! Respect me. I raised you better than that!” she said while pointing at me with the fork. I love Victoria, but c’mon I already have a mom. I don’t need a 2nd one.

“You are weird.” I said to her. “Not as weird as you.” she says. That’s true. I’m really shy with new people. But once I’m comfortable with you, they wish they never met me.

I pout. “Well, I’m gonna go to Ashley’s house.”

“Okay. Be back by 7. Dinner will be ready at 7:30”

“Yes umma.” I say like a 4 year old girl. She rolls her eyes an starts to put away the fruit.

I grab my cell phone from my backpack and rush to my room. I changed out of my previous. I was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, cardigan, and my black vans. I changes into something more comfortable with this heat. The weather here is very bipolar. Just this morning it was chilly, now I feel like I’m in a heat wave.

 

 

I grab my purse and head out. I see Taecyeon and Nichkhun and walking out. They’re probably going to the gym or something.

I try to walk away and not be noticed but sadly that didn’t work.

“Jenny!” Nichkhun shouted. I turn around.

“Where are you going?” he asks me while walking towards me.

I point to the house in front. “Ashley’s house?” I nod my head.

“You’re always there. But I guess that’s acceptable since you’re best friends with her.” He says. Yes I am best friends with Ashley. Ever since first grade when we saw we had the same sparkly pen but just in a different color. She had green and I had pink.

“Well we better get going. Bye!” says Nickhun.

“Bye Jenny.” Says Taecyeon while smiling.

GOD Please make that guy stop smiling it kills me.

I wave to both of them and go to Ashley’s house. Before I even knock on the door, it opens and someone drags me in.

“What the hell Ashley?”

“I’m sorry. But did I just see you talking with Taecyeon?”

“Ummm Not really. Nichkhun was mostly talking.”

“Oh okay.” She says while wrapping an arm around mine and we got to her room.

I lie down on her bed while she’s doing something in her closet. “So how was the Poetry Club?”

“Interesting.” I say.

“How so?” she asks organizing her shoes.

“Taecyeon is in it.”

“OMG Are you for real?” she says accidently throwing a shoe across the room.

“Yes.” I say standing up from her bed and handing her the shoe.

“Did you guys talk or anything?” she says sitting down on the bed with me while holding a pillow.

“Not really.” I say grabbing a pillow as well.

“What do you mean?” she asks me.

“Well…..ummm…….he ummm…”

“SPIT IT OUT!” she screams throwing the pillow at my face.

“He drove me home.”

“WHAAT?!?!?!”

“I told you. He drove me home.”

“Who? What? When? How? Why?

“Taecyeon duhh. He drove me home. After the meeting was over. How? Obviously in his car you dummy. Why? Because he said since we’re neighbors it wasn’t a problem.”

“OH. MY. GOD!!!”

“Will you stop screaming? My ears hurt.”

“Haha Did you guys talk?”

“Nope.”

“Why not?”

“I’m shy  remember.”

“But you talk with NIchkhun like it’s nothing.” She points out.

“Well because in the summer he practically spent every minute with Victoria. So obviously I was comfortanle.”

“Speaking of Victoria, when is she leaving?”

“You want her to leave?”

“No. Not at all. It’s just that she moved in with you guys when she was in freshman year and now she’s a senior.”

“I know. But I don’t mind. She’s been a family friend since forever. She’s practically a sister, or more like another mom.”

“I have to admit Nichkhun and her make such a cute couple.”

“I know. You should see them when they’re at my house. They’re all lovey dovey. But not the type where it makes you wanna puke. The type that makes you wish you had boyfriend.”

“Well you’re not far from that.” She says with a smirk.

“What are you talking about?” I ask genuinely confused.

“Taecyeon and you!”

“You’re crazy. He’s a senior and I’m a freshman. That’s like illegal.”

“Uh Honey it is illegal…..But it will be a forbidden love like Romeo and Juliette.”

“You watch too many dramas.”

“It’s your fault. You showed me Korean dramas. Now, I’m addicted.”

“haha yeah me too.”

We started talking about random stuff for a while. Then, we went outside to her pool. It’s really hot so we decided to go in. Ashley has a few of my bikinis at her house so when I come over I use mine.

                                                                                     Jenny bikini:                                            Ashley bikini:

 

 

 

After a few hours of splashing, diving, and jumping,  we got out of the pool.

“Jenny, you think your parents would mind if I crash your family dinner?”

“Not at all. Why?”

“My parents are working late tonight. Their deadline is tomorrow so they’re really busy.”

“Okay. C’mon. Let’s go. It’s already 7 and we have dinner in 30 minutes.”

Ashley slipped on some shorts and a tank top. I slipped on only my shorts because my t-shirt got wet with all our splashing. We put on out flip flops and left her pool.

It was already 7:15 when we got to my house. “Jenny is that you?” My mom yelled.

“Yes umma. I brought Ashley too!” I yelled back. “That’s fine!” my mom yells back

We walked into the dining room and immediately regretted it. We saw Nichkhun, Taecyeon, and Mr. and Mrs. Ok.

All eyes are on us. OH CRAP!!!! I look at Ashley and she looks at me. This is really awkward.

“Jenny what happened to your shirt?” my dad asked.

“Ummm it kinda got wet.” I said nervously laughing.

“Girls please change quickly.” My mom says.

“Yes umma.” I say.

“Yes Ms. Choi” Ashley says.

We both quickly run up to my room and immediately we look at each other. We started laughing like laughing hyenas.

 

 

---Back at the dining table---

Author POV

“I’m sorry you had to see my daughter and her best friend like that. I guess I forgot to tell her we had company over for dinner.” My dad said to Mr. and Mrs. Ok.

“It’s fine.” Mr. Ok said.

“Your daughter seems very lively.” Says Mrs. Ok.

“She is.” Says Victoria while laughing.

“I’m what?” Jenny asks walking in while putting her wet hair in a braid.

Jenny and Ashley were both wearing pretty floral dresses.

Jenny:

Ashley:

 

“You’re very lively.” Repeated Victoria.

“Oh…yeah.” Jenny said while sitting next to Ashley.

“I hope I’m not intruding Mr. and Mrs. Choi.” Ashley said to Jenny’s parents.

“Nonsense Ashley, you are another daughter to me.” Mrs. Choi said.

The dinner went by smoothly Victoria would always converse. But, Jenny would stay quiet and only answer questions with very short answers. Ashley talked as well but not as much as Victoria.

*ring ring* The house phone was ringing. “I’ll get it.” Said Jenny. Mrs. Choi nodded.

Jenny got up from her seat and answered the phone in the kitchen.

“Ahhhh!!!!!” she screamed.

Everyone in the table was shocked with her high-pitched scream. You can hear the sound of sandals. She’s running back. She sat down next to Ashley like nothing happened.

“Honey, why did you scream?” asked Mrs. Choi.

“Oh you heard that? *giggles* Sorry. It was Ashley’s parents.”

“Oh. What did they say?” asked Mr. Choi

“They asked if Ashley can sleep over for tonight. They’ll be working ‘til late and they don’t want her alone in the house.”

“Well what did you say to them?” asked Victoria.

“I told them that she could stay.”

“Without consulting us?” asked Mr. Choi

“Mianhe appa. It’s just….just” she trailed off.

“Just what?” Mr. Choi asked giving her “the look.”

“Well umma said that Ashley is like a daughter. So it doesn’t matter if I consult you or not, right?” she asked hopeful her parents won’t be mad.

“You got lucky this time.” Mr. Choi said.

“Gomawo appa.” Jenny said while blowing her dad a kiss.

“But, you and Ashley have to do the dishes.” Said Mrs. Choi.

“That’s fair.” Both Jenny and Ashley said and started to giggle.

Just like Mrs. Choi said, after the dinner both girls did the dishes.

 

 

---In the kitchen---

“Ashley! Stop playing with soap!”

“Well you’re playing with the water!”

Both girls were getting bubbles and water everywhere. The adults were in the living room talking business.

“GIRLS!” yelled Victoria.

Both girls looked a Vic scared.

“Both of you are 15 years old, start acting your age!” she yelled.

“Sorry.” Both girls apologized with their head down.

“Thank you. Now, I’m gonna sit here and make sure you guys don’t flood the house.”

Victoria sat down and then Nichkhun followed after. Taecyeon sat down too.

Nichkhun was whispering stuff into Victoria’s ear and she kept on giggling. Taecyeon was on his phone. Both girls noticed the lovey dovey couple and were grossed out.

They kept on making face as if they were puking. Taecyeon saw this and chuckled softly at their immaturity.

Jenny whispered something into Ashely’s ear and both girls looked at each other with an evil grin.

“Victoria.” Both of them called. Victoria looked up and both girls blew suds into both Nickhun and Victoria’s face.

“YAH!!” yelled both Khun and Vic. Taec was laughing away.

Victoria got up from her seat and stared throwing soap at the girls. They kept going at it and the guys were just watching.

Victoria got a handful of suds and blew it at Ashley and missed and it landed on Khun. Khun got up and joined their soap war.

Jenny noticed that Taecyeon was just watching and she decided to take matter into her own hands.

She got a handful of suds and blew it at Taecyeon. Everyone was shocked. It was as if everyone froze.

But the person who was mostly shocked was Jenny. She couldn’t believe she did that.

Taecyeon got up from his seat, pushed Khun aside, filled his hand of suds and slapped it onto Jenny’s head. “MY HAIR!!”

Then all of them were in this suds war. That was until…

“*clears throat*” Everyone freezes and turns around to see all four adults with pissed off looks.

“CHOI JENNY!” Mr. Choi yells.

“You have a suds war and don’t invite your own father? *fake gasps*”

Jenny secretly fills her hand with suds and places her hand behind her back. She walks towards her dad.

“Well, in that case *splat*” She slapped the suds on her dad’s face.

Soon enough Mr. Choi and Mr. Ok join in as well. Mrs. Choi and Mrs. Ok are just watching in the sidelines.

“Why are our husbands so immature?” Mrs. Ok asks.

“I don’t know. But I love that about him.” Mrs. Choi says. “You know, you should lighten up as well.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Mrs. Ok *splat*

Then both Mrs. Choi and Mrs. Ok joined the war as well.

 

 

Jenny POV

Eventually all the suds had run out and we were all sticky because of the soap. Mr. and Mrs. Ok didn’t mind at all. They told us they hadn’t had that much fun in a while. They all left about an hour ago. Since me and Ashley started it, we had to clean up. But us being us, we had a mini war when cleaning.

Now my parents were in their room, and Victoria is in hers. We have a guest room, but Ashley never uses it. She sleeps with me.

We had already showered. We needed it. We had pool water and dish washing soap in our hair.

We are both chilling on my bed listening to music and reading fashion magazines.

Suddenly Ashley sits up. “I can’t believe you actually did that.”

“Did what?” I asked.

“You slapped the soap onto Taecyeon’s face. I can’t believe it.”

I sit up. “If you can’t believe it, how am I supposed to believe it?”

“Either way it was so much fun.” She said while lying back down.

“Ash let’s go to the mall tomorrow with Victoria.”

“Okay cool.”

I lied down on my bed with my ear phones on. I kept thinking about what happened earlier.

 

FLASHBACK

Mr. and Mrs. Ok left they walked home ‘cause obviously it’s next door.

Victoria walked out Nickhun. As they were walking I went out to throw away the trash. Taecyeon came with me. He helped me.

“Umm….sorry.” he said.

I turn around and look at him. He has his head down.

“Don’t worry, the soap will wash out.” I say softly avoiding eye contact with him

“Well that’s good.” He says.

He leans down and poked my forehead. I look up and he still has his finger on my forehead.

“You’re talking now….Why?”

“Umm I don’t know.” I myself don’t even know.

“*chuckles* Thank you.”

“For what?” I ask him. He finally removed his finger.

“Talking to me…..By the way, you looked pretty with that dress on.”

“It’s wet.” I say. He widened his eyes. I bet he didn’t see that coming.

“Umm *scratches back of neck* you know….before it got wet.”

“Thanks……..well…..bye.” I say.

“NO wait!” he grabbed my wrist.

I look at his hand on my wrist. My hear starts beating really fast. If only he knew…

“Can I have your number? You know like in case you need a ride home and you don’t see me.”

We exchanged numbers and walked away. Once he entered his house I literally started squealing.

I started to jump around with happiness until I realized something.

He only gave me his number if I need a ride. *pouts* ….Oh well. At least I have it. I look through my phone and I see the new contact. He saved himself as “Oppa :)

OMG. I never called anyone oppa. I wanted to save that for my boyfriend. I guess with him I’ll make an exception.

END OF FLASBACK

 

With remembering that, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep thinking about him.


 

 

 

Here's chapter 1. Hope you enjoyed it.

Remember to comment.

Love you,

J