Substitute Panda Bear

A Wolf's Meal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

►Tao

After two policemen drove off with the unconscious criminals lying limply in the back seat of the car, Minsoo smiles sweetly to me, bowing politely.

"Thank you very much for protecting me today, Zitao-ssi,” my name rolls deliciously off of her tongue, “something regrettable could have happened if you weren’t here.”

“Something regrettable definitely would have happened if I wasn’t here,” I reply self-importantly, “those low-lives better get more than 10 years rotting in jail – serial rapists are let off so lightly in Korea because of our stupid legal system.”

“Oh? Do you know much about the law?” Minsoo’s eyes light up in small sparks of…this that admiration?!

Straightening my back and puffing my chest out slightly, I grin, “Yes, actually, Luhan wanted to work for the government back in China, so he came to Korea to study language, politics, economics and law. I’m a fast learner, so the stuff that he recites from those law books just happened to stick with me.”

“It’s such a shame for Luhan-ssi then,” she sighs cutely, “if you weren’t singers he could’ve become a leading politician in Asia!”

“No, he’s too stupid, unlike me,” I reply cockily, blushing a little at my attempts to show off, "the only other thing he could’ve become if we weren’t idols was if he joined the football team and became a professional soccer player.”

“He sounds like the prince of our school; he's the captain of our school soccer team,” Minsoo shakes her head slightly in confusion, “except Luhan-ssi looks like he’s a nicer guy than Park Soo Ha.”

 

“Park Soo Ha? Is that the prince of your school?” I raise an eyebrow, “he doesn’t sound terribly interesting.”

“He’s a model, so the girls at our school are always trying to capture his attention,” Minsoo explains, “he doesn’t seem like a bad guy, but his personality is very cold and he never speaks unless it’s to tell someone to go away.”

I like the sound of this guy, my lips curl up into a small smile, Luhan-ge is too noisy sometimes - that Soo Ha seems like the cool and mysterious type like Kris hyung. I should meet him someday.

"What's funny?" Minsoo tilts her head adorably to the side, wide eyes staring intently at the corners of my mouth, "why are you smiling?"

"Nothing," I shake my head, chuckling at her flawless personality, "you're just so cute."

 

She blushes a deep pink at that, and hits me lightly on the arm, before scurrying off in the direction of her home.

Cute, I grin at her retreating figure, before setting off at a slow pace to follow behind her.

Maybe I'm being a little too flirtatious for my usually cold and withdrawn style, but whenever Minsoo smiles, or laughs, or talks, or simply breathes - I just want to keep her with me forever and watch her every action on replay.

Since when did I become so...cheesy?

 

"Why are you following me?" Min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter