Ambitious Woman

A Wolf's Meal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

►Haneul

"Minsoo will accept your offer." She's wanted to be a singer like her dad since the day she was born, of course she should join SM entertainment if she's given the chance.

Everyone turns to look at the aforementioned girl, while she turns to look at me in surprise. "What do you mean? You're saying that as if you don't plan to come with me," she laughs nervously.

"I don't plan to go with you," I clarify for her gently, "Minsoo, your voice is not flawless, but that will get better over time and with training - I have a nice voice, but my musical ability is lacking." I smile at Kris reassuringly, "although, this won't be the last you'll see of me, I promise. I'll visit all of you from time to time." 

"But I need you!" Minsoo suddenly cries out, "your guitar soothes me, and your voice covers for my incompetence! Not to mention your...my most treasured friend - I need you, simply because you are Choi Haneul..."

"I'm sorry," a sad smile answers her plea, "but I have a dream - and it does not involve music." It's not the only reason I don't want to go to SM with you...but it is the reason you will accept the most easily.

 

"What is it?!" Kris finally speaks up, "apart from your voice, what else are you good at?!"

"Ouch," I grin at the desperate man teasingly, "I'm smart you know; my grades are among the top 10% of our school."

"Please," it surprised me to hear the masculine voice beg, "don't leave me."

"I'll visit you," I repeat for reassurance.

"That is unacceptable," Kris insists while a sobbing Minsoo receives warm pats on her shoulder from Tao, "I won't allow you to be somewhere where I cannot see you with my own eyes."

"What are you, a stalker?!" I sigh in exasperation, "look, I have my own life to lead, alright? I really like you, Kris, but you will only be a part of my life - not the whole damn thing." In fact, you shouldn't be in my life at all...

"Why?! Am I not good enough for you?!" his jaw clenches in anger, "what is this stupid dream you're talking about anyway?!"

 

"I like chemistry. And I want to become a chemical engineer," more like my parents want me to become a chemical engineer, "is it that hard to come to terms with the fact that I want to live a life that I can be proud of?" more like a life my parents can be proud of.

"Engineer?" Kris snorts, "sounds like a boring job to me."

"Well it's all that I've ever wanted to do, thank you for your input," I answer sarcastically. I swear, the guy is getting more unbearable and possessive by the minute. But I love you anyway...although I can't possibly be with you; please just accept my excuse and let me live my life the way my parents have always planned for me.

 

"Haneul are you...are you sure you can't come with me?" Minsoo sniffs into a tissue Tao gave her, "if...if you aren't coming, then I'm not leaving either."

"Don't be ridiculous," I pat her hair softly, "pursue your own dreams! You've always wanted to be a singer like your dad!"

"But I don't have the confidence to succeed if you're not there with me!" she whines, "is being a chemical engineer really that important?!"

"It is for me," I smile, "remember on the way here, we joked that I would even follow Kris to the moon if he asked?"

She nods slowly, unsure of what I am trying to explain.

"So for me to be able to tear myself away from a man I trust so much and care so much for - do you not think my dream is important?" Please...just believe me...I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter